Dream 150.5
    Fever -2.5
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    7-31 Bet
    Dream +4.5

- - - Updated - - -
    danshan wrote: »
    not sure what happened in the CFL but something is wrong, I am completely off on all sides and totals, will need to check for some sort of data error or something

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <tbody>
    Team
    odds
    my line

Team

Blue Bombers

Argonauts

Tiger-Cats

Roughriders

Redblacks

Alouettes

Eskimos

Stampeders

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

BETS
    Blue Bombers Over 48.5
    Argonauts +14.5
    Redblacks +7.5
    Stampeders -1
    Eskimos Over 48.5

All those bets are looking rough, All the lines are not moving and the ones that are, are going the wrong way! Something is wrong with my CFL and not sure what changed so drastically in a week, been looking at any bad data or something but I dont see anything that sticks out. My CFL betting career might be on hold!
    edited July 2019
    7/31
    BET
    Dream Under 153.5
  • CajunHustle1979CajunHustle1979 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Guida line did not blink LOL hit it again same exact line!

You Def got value on Guida - i didnt touch this fight because to many variables - but +155 off and lines will tighten. You will hear the phrase "styles make fights" all the time - to a degree this is true but also BS when wagering on #s. To a purely #s guy and someone who dosent watch alot of tape this means shit to you.

This is a largely un quanted area in the market and a ton of possibilities for someone with your modeling background. A blend of modeling and conformation thru tape/capping might be the way forward in future as the market will only get more efficient.
    edited July 2019
    I am really confused still on how that line can be like that look at this

Both played the Sun at home
    Dream +5 vs Sun
    Fever +5 vs Sun
    So you figure it should be around -3 -4 Fever because they are kinda equal at home and magic the line -5

in this MMA match that does not match up, I really dont understand that
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    BM line went to +5, ill omen for us Dream-chasers...
    edited July 2019
    looks like they might need a hair more than 5
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes! Thanks yet again danshan!
    edited July 2019
    14 Hits 1 run, baseball is a little tough on me, LOL
    edited August 2019
    <style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 43px"><col width="42"><col width="83"><col width="50"></colgroup><tbody>
    8/1
    Phoe
    Mercury

8/1
    Conn
    Sun

8/1
    New
    Liberty

8/1
    Dall
    Wings

8/1
    Las
    Aces

8/1
    Los
    Sparks

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

BET
    8-1
    Aces +2
    edited August 2019
    too much value on Wilson being hurt, Hamby has come in and scored nearly as well and is more deadly from outside than Wilson. I think the adjustment for the Wilson injury is too big.

Normally I would adjust 3 for Wilson but in this situation there is no need for any adjustment at all and really if I was being very safe I might deduct 1 or so, and that would Leave my line at Aces -1 still making +2 a steal. Aces +2 I think is a good deal even though Sparks play really good at home and they are getting some love back from injuries!
    edited August 2019
    Starting to get some value on Guida line moved about 15 cents so far in my direction, thats good. Maybe I will take a stab at a model but there are so many fighters not sure how I will scrape all that and they put some annoying number after the name in the URL which is gonna make scraping so much extra FUN!
    edited August 2019
    not sure what happened in the CFL but something is wrong, I am completely off on all sides and totals, will need to check for some sort of data error or something

<tbody>
    Team
    odds
    my line

Team

Blue Bombers

Argonauts

Tiger-Cats

Roughriders

Redblacks

Alouettes

Eskimos

Stampeders

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

BETS
    Blue Bombers Over 48.5
    Argonauts +14.5
    Redblacks +7.5
    Stampeders -1
    Eskimos Over 48.5

this is not looking so good, I made a few adjustments but I am a little scared still. I need to do next weeks lines and see what they close at to know, not sure what is the deal right now but I would lay off my CFL stuff for now.
    edited August 2019
    I am wasting my time writing all this crap and no one is even talking to me. I might as well be talking to a wall. I can email with Jets and can chat directly with R40 on Twitter. Conversation is super slow around here. lets talk folks, lets ask questions, lets try and answer questions, lets help each other with the basics no need to give up your secret recipes. Lets chat folks, ask me anything comment on my ideas and or thoughts if nothing else at least pick at the dumb things I say. I feel like I am talking to a wall. I know people are reading this thread, this thread has more views than threads that have been around for 6 months, if you are visiting, engage there are no wrong questions answers or comments UNLESS you make fun of the Broncos, Angels or Nuggets!
  • in2winin2win Junior Member
    edited August 2019
    I dabble in MMA and have done well lately. I rarely bet big favs and if I do i look for a parlay. There are too many upsets in MMA and all it takes is 1-2 big faves losing and your out all your winnings.

Nunes have been very profitable for me in the past on her come up now shes considered the most dominant female athlete in MMA. you wont find any value there anymore and thats how it goes with most champs until they are dethroned.
    edited August 2019
    in2win wrote: »
    I dabble in MMA and have done well lately. I rarely bet big favs and if I do i look for a parlay. There are too many upsets in MMA and all it takes is 1-2 big faves losing and your out all your winnings.

Nunes have been very profitable for me in the past on her come up now shes considered the most dominant female athlete in MMA. you wont find any value there anymore and thats how it goes with most champs until they are dethroned.

do you try and pick winners or do you try and beat the line in the MMA?

do you model or pick by knowledge in MMA?
  • in2winin2win Junior Member
    edited August 2019
    do you try and pick winners or do you try and beat the line in the MMA?

do you model or pick by knowledge in MMA?

I pick mainly off of my knowledge of the sport. I feel some fight camps as a whole are better then others and means their fighter goes into the fight more prepared. Of course talent usually reigns. With some fighters you can usually see a them progressing and making their way to the top. Most recently I had my eye on Cejudo and was able to do pretty solid on his last few fights

If I feel strongly about a favorite I try to get down on them much earlier if he/she in my eyes will have the public all over as well because you usually see heavy movement closer to the fight. Or vice verse with a dog.

What works best for me is picking my spots.
    edited August 2019
    so you kind of sort through the pool and find a guy you think will rise up and bet him till he is up, that is interesting
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    yo is there anything i should know about tonights wnba game...i have wash 2.05 , looks like am taking the home dog
    edited August 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    yo is there anything i should know about tonights wnba game...i have wash 2.05 , looks like am taking the home dog

<colgroup><col style="width: 43px"><col width="42"><col width="83"><col width="50"></colgroup><tbody>
    Date

Teams
    Lines

8/1

Mystics

Storm

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

there is no room
    edited August 2019
    no room according to your line
    edited August 2019
    yeah I like to see it a couple point off my line to bet it. I put a ton on the mystics ML
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    Danshan,
    I check in from time to time and have not followed anyone to know CLV or records. Just curious as to how big a market is the WNBA as I have not followed it. What is the average line move from opener to close and are you usually on the right side of the move? I am assuming the market is much smaller than the NBA. I also assume you have a model and take into account key injuries. I also assume that as the season progresses lines also get tighter. Do you find it gets tougher to handicap as the season progresses? Just a few random questions as to the WNBA as this is the market you seem to be handicapping with Jets. Jets you can chime in also here as you have a WNBA thread.
    Thanks in advance
    edited August 2019
    the WNBA market is getting bigger for sure but not even a drop in the bucket compared to the NBA. Lines in the WNBA are getting tougher. I use to get at least 1 bet out of 1 or 2 games, now I get about 1 bet every 4 or 5 games, so its sharpened up a ton.
    I do think its absolutely the easiest sport to get line value.
    edited August 2019
    I missed a couple ?s in there

line movement seems way more active on the WNBA over other sports and I am usually on the right side of most bets I make. my avg clv for this season sits at 4.4% before margin and last year was roughly 4.5% for the year before juice
    edited August 2019
    <style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>Tomorrow's Lines

<tbody>
    Date
    City
    Teams
    Mine

8/3
    Minn
    Lynx

8/3
    Indi
    Fever

8/3
    Chic
    Sky

8/3
    Atla
    Dream

8/3
    Las
    Aces

8/3
    Dall
    Wings

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

My Current Power Rankings

<colgroup><col style="width: 100px"><col width="100"></colgroup><tbody>
    Team
    Rankings

Mystics

Aces

Sun

Sparks

Mercury

Storm

Lynx

Sky

Fever

Wings

Dream

Liberty

</tbody>
    edited August 2019
    dan , Chuckh ...here are my line for today...and dan pretty close to yours , thats a very good thing , i DO NOT ADJUST FOR INJURIES.

Chi -3.01
    min -1.52
    Lv 3.39

So if anyone has been reading i WAS NOT adjusting for SOS , the past couple of day i have , I do you massy sos rating , i assume they are anything i could come up with, that being said here is what i did for today..

my model came up with these lines before adjusting for SOS .
    Chi -4.39
    min 1.69
    lv 2.77

using massey SOS, i adjusted 1.38 pts in the chi game because they have chi rating at 0.49 and atl 1.89 = 1.38 which dropped chi from 4.39 to 3.01

My model is stat based and use home and road stats and DO NOT add home court to any number I end up with.

Can't wait to see those numbers when they open , and even though i like my numbers they have not won for me.
    edited August 2019
    8/4 lines
    ny -1.04
    la -5.11
    was -1.84

- - - Updated - - -

and sorry for all the grammar and missed words in sentences ,I need to do a better job at that as well.
    edited August 2019
    Dan i assume am off on the vegas game due to some injury am not accounting for , is that correct ?