Betting Talk

Roulette VS Handicapper %

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    if I was at 64% WL I would still be losing slightly and I lost 6 or 7 or whatever in a row, that was crazy.

My real original question is this if I win over 10 years at 69% and this season I am at 79%, what should I reasonably expect for the remainder of the year
    A 69%
    B 59% to make up for the hot 79%
    C anything past history has no relevance on future performance
    edited July 2017
    I was thinking to increase my wager amount to try and take advantage of the small ROI I am trying to get but I am scared to increase my wager because of the 79% when it should only be 69% and will the remainder of the season kill me because i went in higher and am now seeing the downside of that 79%
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    danshan wrote: »
    if I was at 64% WL I would still be losing slightly and I lost 6 or 7 or whatever in a row, that was crazy.

My real original question is this if I win over 10 years at 69% and this season I am at 79%, what should I reasonably expect for the remainder of the year
    A 69%
    B 59% to make up for the hot 79%
    C anything past history has no relevance on future performance

C...
    edited July 2017
    Do you have a reason you think the system is working better this year? Is there something fundamentally changed within the sport or market?
    edited July 2017
    I am probably not qualified to truly answer that but it has times where ROI goes up in history for short periods and I only run it from May to end of reg season
    edited July 2017
    the system has variance but I am trying to get a grip on what that will mean for the rest of the season.
    edited July 2017
    If the plays are all going to win at X% (they aren't but assume they will), then what it's done ytd or last week is irrelevant.
    edited July 2017
    Everything has variance. Some beyond your wildest imagination.
    edited July 2017
    durito wrote: »
    C...

LOL I assumed you would say that but if stats and history dont help handicap, what does? how can you create value in a line if the past does not tell you where the value in the line is
    edited July 2017
    durito wrote: »
    If the plays are all going to win at X% (they aren't but assume they will), then what it's done ytd or last week is irrelevant.

so how will it get back to 68% ???
    edited July 2017
    I'm going to dinner, but if I have time later I'll show you a graph of tracks of various random trials at 68%
    edited July 2017
    like ok my brain thinks this
    Dodgers are -180 favorites and to make money they need to win 70% of the time for a small ROI
    but just using line only they win at 66% of the time when -180 faves so I add a few what i think are important facts about recent history to find a situation where they are -180 faves and win at 70% of the time. Does that make sense or is that as retarded as everything else I have said ???
    edited July 2017
    Dodgers -180 line alone has no value
    but Dodgers -180 line with a few tweaks shows a 70% wl ratio and that add value to that line so I bet it
    edited July 2017
    and i dont mean tweaks like on sundays or after they won their last game by 9 or whatever other crazy BS sdql stuff that a lot of sdql cappers use
    edited July 2017
    actually dodgers are a bad example LOL
  • edited July 2017
    It seems that you created this thread to reinforce the rhetoric behind your SDQL system (whatever that means). Going full circle back to your original thread, you still seem to be confused in thinking that there is any predictive value in SDQL generated information. You do seem to understand the notion of value where you need to compare the market's win % vs. your own win %. There seems to be a disconnect where you are assuming what a win % would be from SDQL somehow.
    edited July 2017
    no i created this thread as more of a bankroll question about increasing my bet
  • edited July 2017

Do you think that would be wise given multiple smart people are telling you that what you're doing is -EV when you seem to think it's easy money?
    edited July 2017
    I do not think anyone has said my system is a failure, they have said sdql is garbage.
    and what I am saying is that I think when the line is X and blah blah blah is X and blah is X that I will win and I am only using sdql to check my thought of that to the past results
  • edited July 2017
    I do not think anyone has said my system is a failure, they have said sdql is garbage.
    and what I am saying is that I think when the line is X and blah blah blah is X and blah is X that I will win and I am only using sdql to check my thought of that to the past results

How are you forming your line? That is literally the only thing that matters.
    edited July 2017
    how do you form your line?
    edited July 2017
    I am saying drinking a beer of course
    man the yankees are good at home as a big favorite and playing a team that has lost their last 3
    and i go to sdql and say ok what does the line have to be on the yankeees to make me money and anytime the line is below that point i bet it.

of course that is not my actual formula but I hope you get the point
    edited July 2017
    if the yankees win at 72% of the time in my scenario and the line is -175 or better i bet it because that is positive ROI, generally of course not talking specifically with the numbers and wl ratio
    edited July 2017
    I think your regular guy like me that says "man the Cubs are good at home when big favorite, i always bet that" and if you look back using sdql you will see that is a big loser. Sdql will prove to that guy even though that is a cool bet it is a loser

the cubs win 5 out of 8 in that scenario and that is not enough to cover the juice and the line
    edited July 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_criterion
    edited July 2017
    thanks and I looked at Kelly but that would defeat my smart idea of just randomly now increasing my bankroll after 10 bets
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    durito you are a saint
    edited July 2017
    hey namathfan can you add anything to help me, I really would appreciate it?
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Yes I can.

durito is a professional..listen to everything he says. The key word is listen because that's how one learns.

Simple as that.
    edited July 2017
    Understood, thanks for the advice. I hope durito keeps helping me