Betting Talk

Tony Romo

cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
edited April 2017 in Sports Betting
This may be a silly question to even ask but in your opinion is Tony Romo a HOFer?

Is it a big fat no like I assume?

Heard a stat on DP today.....Tony made 127 million in cintract $ alone. Tony also only won 2 playoff games his entire career. My buddies that are die hards keep
using the excuse that it was never his fault.

Comments

• MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    He is a NO. He is lucky he had an owner who crushed on him. He has arguably had better offensive talent around him than Tom Brady.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Romo made the right move. Too fragile to continue or an organization to take a chance on. Like ZP took his starting job, Romo ousted Phil Simms in the tv booth. Viewers needed a fresh analyst instead of the same ole, same ole. Toward the end of the last two years there was some tension between Nantz and Simms.

Romo, Canton material?:eeksign: Sure fire HOF'er for E.IlliniosU.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Saw on Twitter earlier today that people were discussing Tony Romo for HOF. First thought was "hell no". Dude was a solid NFL QB for a few seasons but not even close to HOF.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    HOF'er laughable. Not even worth discussing. Can you see a plague next to Montana, Marino, Brady, Johnny U. like I said laughable.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    He is a NO. He is lucky he had an owner who crushed on him. He has arguably had better offensive talent around him than Tom Brady.

If your point is he's not as good as Brady, no one will argue with you
    edited April 2017
    kane wrote: »
    If your point is he's not as good as Brady, no one will argue with you

No sir, OP mentioned his crew said "it was never his fault".... Seemed to me he had more than enough help around him.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Romo was a very good QB and unfairly criticized imo, but only great players belong in the HOF, and Romo was never great
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    No sir, OP mentioned his crew said "it was never his fault".... Seemed to me he had more than enough help around him.

You said Brady did it with possibly less talent, you can think Romo had enough around him to win, but the fact that Brady did it with less talent is irrelevant
    edited April 2017
    Side note, one of the best horse names i have ever seen is PonyRomo
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Since Romo is an obvious "no", I think the more interesting discussion is Jason Witten. Based on his numbers, he's probably a lock, but at no time did I ever think of him as one of the top 2-3 TEs in the league (ie guys like Gonzo, Gates, Gronk, even like the NO version of Jimmy Graham). My Cowboys friends think that Witten is a no-brainer, first ballot type of guy. Am I missing something?
    edited April 2017
    It sux, no matter where we live, we have to suffer around cowboy fans.
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    TommyL wrote: »
    Since Romo is an obvious "no", I think the more interesting discussion is Jason Witten. Based on his numbers, he's probably a lock, but at no time did I ever think of him as one of the top 2-3 TEs in the league (ie guys like Gonzo, Gates, Gronk, even like the NO version of Jimmy Graham). My Cowboys friends think that Witten is a no-brainer, first ballot type of guy. Am I missing something?

I say absolutely, yes. 1,100 receptions, 12,000 yards, 60+ touchdowns. Those are HOF WR numbers even. Played injured and reliable. I'd say 1st ballot.