Betting Talk

Fantasy Trade Advice Needed

TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
edited October 2016 in Sports Betting
A little TD heavy scoring, with 1pt per 20 yards rush/rec and 40 yards passing, TDs 6 and 4 (passing). Flex and IDP, but doesn't come into play here.

My QBs are Brady/NE and Wilson/SEA

At WR, I've got Benjamin/CAR, Fuller/HOU, Britt/LA, Snead/NO, D Jackson/WAS, and Smith/BAL

I've been trying to work out a trade the past few days with someone who is deep at WR, but brutal at QB. His QBs are Taylor/BUF, Flacco/BAL, and Fitzpatrick/NYJ, and at WR he's got Nelson/GB, Fitzgerald/ARZ, Diggs/MIN, Crabtree/OAK, Pryor/CLE, Hogan/NE. Obviously, we seem like a natural fit as trade partners.

I threw out Brady for Nelson. He wants more for Nelson and we've been negotiating. I asked a friend about it today and he thinks I'm crazy and should get a lot more than Nelson for Brady. So I asked two more guys and they both agree that Brady is more valuable than Nelson. When I look at some of the stuff I read online, the CBS trade value chart has Brady at 22 and Nelson at 26 (higher is better). Karabell's rest of year rankings has Nelson 15th overall (#10WR) and Brady 30th overall (#1QB).

What are your thoughts on Brady for Nelson? And what do you think I should get if I shifted gears and tried to give up Wilson instead? Would you take Diggs/Crabtree? (Already tried Wilson for Fitzgerald and he's not interested)

Comments

• ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    A little TD heavy scoring, with 1pt per 20 yards rush/rec and 40 yards passing, TDs 6 and 4 (passing). Flex and IDP, but doesn't come into play here.

My QBs are Brady/NE and Wilson/SEA

At WR, I've got Benjamin/CAR, Fuller/HOU, Britt/LA, Snead/NO, D Jackson/WAS, and Smith/BAL

I've been trying to work out a trade the past few days with someone who is deep at WR, but brutal at QB. His QBs are Taylor/BUF, Flacco/BAL, and Fitzpatrick/NYJ, and at WR he's got Nelson/GB, Fitzgerald/ARZ, Diggs/MIN, Crabtree/OAK, Pryor/CLE, Hogan/NE. Obviously, we seem like a natural fit as trade partners.

I threw out Brady for Nelson. He wants more for Nelson and we've been negotiating. I asked a friend about it today and he thinks I'm crazy and should get a lot more than Nelson for Brady. So I asked two more guys and they both agree that Brady is more valuable than Nelson. When I look at some of the stuff I read online, the CBS trade value chart has Brady at 22 and Nelson at 26 (higher is better). Karabell's rest of year rankings has Nelson 15th overall (#10WR) and Brady 30th overall (#1QB).

What are your thoughts on Brady for Nelson? And what do you think I should get if I shifted gears and tried to give up Wilson instead? Would you take Diggs/Crabtree? (Already tried Wilson for Fitzgerald and he's not interested)

I personally like DIggs so and if me would see if maybe would entertain Russel for Diggs. Its tough to come up with projections here as this is not traditional PPR or standard. Off top of head I'd still think QBs slightly more valuable here. Nelson doing ok but GB been in bit of funk here recently and guy is not setting world on fire.

Good luck
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited October 2016
    I agree with your friends and would not trade Brady for Nelson, not enough value. If I were him I would of snap accepted that offer, can't believe he wants more. He has no QB and not the same Nelson or GB so far this year.
    I would try to deal Wilson, he looks like he's playing hurt this year anyway and is not running as much. Would not surprise me if he gets injured again in that tough division. I like Crabtree slightly better than Diggs down the stretch so I would target him. He probably wouldn't give up Diggs anyway if he's using him as is WR3. Wilson for Crabtree makes sense for both teams. You'll be starting Brady every week anyways and he's got Pryor to fill in for Crabtree's spot. Good luck!
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2016
    He pretty much had no interest in Wilson. He wouldn't trade any of his top 4 WRs for Wilson, and said he'd do Pryor for Wilson. I ended up going with the Brady for Nelson, really needed another WR to start this week (my RB depth is banged up with Langford, Lacy, and Hyde all out this week, and pretty much needed to go with 3 WRs due to limited flex options). It's only a 10 team league and the guy that has Ben also had Ryan, and the other guy a little weak at QB is 1-5 and heading nowhere and wanted draft picks for next year for any of his WRs. Probably could have held out another week or two and seen where thing headed, but I'm at 2-4 and weak at WR and hoping that GB just airs it out now with no RBs.

It's interesting, as the difference of opinion on the Brady vs. Nelson was huge. A poster at another forum told me that he though it was a no-brainer to try and pick up Nelson (and ESPN/CBS seem to agree), while a lot of others feel strongly the other way.

Thanks for the feedback guys.