Betting Talk

Furyk going for a 58

ACE10ACE10 Member
edited August 2016 in Sports Betting
Jimbo needs a bird down the stretch for first ever 58.

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    He did it ACE! A 12 under and will be lucky to finish in the top 10. Granted a cream puff course but still......
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited August 2016
    He had a legit shot at a 56 or 57 out there today. Crazy that he now has two rounds in the 50's and they are both different numbers. Will be very interesting to see what DL3 does for the final Ryder Cup spots. Kooch, Berger and Furyk are all playing well right now. Hopefully he doesn't take Fowler but he probably will.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    ACE don't you think he takes Berger if he wins the Travelers?
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Played with Furyk 20 years ago on Hooters Tour, amazing golfer. Hope he takes some young guns if they don't qualify. Berger, Koepka, Reed and maybe one vet like Furyk. Need new blood for the US on the Ryder team.
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ron, yes I think he would have to take Berger with two wins on the year so far. He may qualify anyway lot of golf to be played. Agree with guru, think Furyk 's experience and mental toughness would be a good mix with our young guys. He does have a poor Ryder cup record but he was also going thru that long winless stretch that he finally broke out of so I trust him this year. I think he and Reed would be a good pairing again. Tough to leave out Kooch who is solid and won the WGC match play this year. Man if somebody else gets hot during the playoffs and qualifies then it's gonna be some really tough decisions who to leave out. I don't see how he can take Fowler over any of these guys.
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited August 2016
    Berger melted down but Knox looks like he played his way on to the Euro team with that clutch putt on 18
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    For sure agree, see no way to take Fowler this year and Berger may not be ready but some tough decisions ahead like you say if someone gets hot not qualified down the stretch.
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    I think he ended up in 5th place........4 other players did better than he did over the weekend