Betting Talk

Stock Market thread

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    All I know is that It's very speculative and the leverage can wipe you out quickly. Years ago if you didn't close your open contract they would drop what ever commodity you owned on your front lawn. Just like Clinton's mother when she forgot to close a contract they delivered like a 100 hogs to her house.
    I Never traded commodities even though I was tempted to buy copper in 2009. Hopefully some others that know more can help you out.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I hope you gents are feeling a tad better since MNKD is up just under 50% from the lows when I suggested adding if you could about two weeks ago. The short interest came out today and through 5/15 went up to just under 113 million shares, which at this point is a little over 40% of the float...puts it into the top 5 on the Nasdaq list, any serious catalyst and this will be the barn burner you all have been waiting for ;)
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    TheReb wrote: »
    I hope you gents are feeling a tad better since MNKD is up just under 50% from the lows when I suggested adding if you could about two weeks ago. The short interest came out today and through 5/15 went up to just under 113 million shares, which at this point is a little over 40% of the float...puts it into the top 5 on the Nasdaq list, any serious catalyst and this will be the barn burner you all have been waiting for ;)

You know I bought 3k more I think in the low 4 can't remember the exact price getting to old to even remember what I bought a week ago. But if this does what you have been saying I'm taking you to Ramsey and buying you a steak so big and so good :eating:you'll be able to beat someone to death with it.
    Where's my man cools I told you so just chill :laugh:
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    TheReb wrote: »

Nice play on the stock pick Reb.

Are u doing anything this year with the poker tournaments?

Thx
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm here and I am feeling a bit better good buddies. I did add at 4.17 but total price is around $7 so still a ways to go. Optimistic about where things are heading, and you boys know I'm in it for the long haul. Thanks for the update Reb!
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    SharkAttack, I trade Crude Oil, E-Mini S&P, Treasuries and Currencies through a platform. What are you wanting to know?

Reb, bought some Mnknd through the IRA at 3.65 and again at 5.15 :shakehands:
    edited May 2015
    buythehook wrote: »
    Nice play on the stock pick Reb.

Are u doing anything this year with the poker tournaments?

Thx

BTH, check your email ;)
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    News from annual meeting & 1st Q results-- if you're not in this little oil company, you should be-- SDCJF

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-WAFII/0x0x832201/7E3F1441-4C42-4CB4-9F48-0430E70493B8/20150528_Chairmans_Report_AGM.pdf

or go to www.sundanceenergy.com.au
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited June 2015
    you still positive on twin butts?
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    you still positive on twin butts?

Yeah, it looks like they can keep paying a dividend monthly (even though it's not much) If I remember, it's about 12% @ current price.
  • wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Guys, don't get me wrong I love all the MNKD talk and own shares in it but lets get some other stock talk thrown out there!

Anyone have thoughts on Sandridge SD? I own shares of it.... definately a gamble.

What do people think about all the talk about start market correction by September that analysts were predicting? Just bought VXX calls for September...

Lets see if we can throw some talk about other stocks out there..
    edited June 2015
    h82lose wrote: »
    SharkAttack, I trade Crude Oil, E-Mini S&P, Treasuries and Currencies through a platform. What are you wanting to know?

Reb, bought some Mnknd through the IRA at 3.65 and again at 5.15 :shakehands:

H8 what platform do you use? I use think or swim from ameritrade for snp mini and currencies
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    wborder900 wrote: »
    Guys, don't get me wrong I love all the MNKD talk and own shares in it but lets get some other stock talk thrown out there!

Anyone have thoughts on Sandridge SD? I own shares of it.... definately a gamble.

What do people think about all the talk about start market correction by September that analysts were predicting? Just bought VXX calls for September...

Lets see if we can throw some talk about other stocks out there..
    Biggest holding is wetf, m&a activity is booming buying into the financial sector, PE firms such as Blackstone seems to be the play.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Many friends work for Sandridge
    Play is a gamble, but I am looking at picking some up
    Could have a long talk on it
    Son works for Cheasapeake

MNKD talks are as positive as I have seen, ever!!!
    edited June 2015
    Buying SandRidge on opening
    This stock could be a daily play
    Best
    Have a Blessed Weekend
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Many friends work for Sandridge
    Play is a gamble, but I am looking at picking some up
    Could have a long talk on it
    Son works for Cheasapeake

MNKD talks are as positive as I have seen, ever!!!

I worked for Chesapeake until November last year. What does your son do?
    edited June 2015
    Senior Production Analist here in OKC
  • wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Senior Production Analist here in OKC

Does your son have any thoughts on this article?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/06/02/is-sandridge-energy-inc-about-to-make-a-major-acqu.aspx
    edited June 2015
    edited June 2015
    wborder900 wrote: »

My son wrote this

There is a part of the article that states “liquidity is king” and I’d say they are more likely to be holding for a bit than making a major purchase. As quickly as drilling has ramped down, the smart money would be to be financially placed (liquid) and maneuverable to quickly begin drilling again when/if the market turns. I don’t see any acquisitions out there that put a company into a healthier balance sheet without a lot of expense and near term pricing risk.
    edited June 2015
    MNKD doubles
    Reb my man
    See you all on 17 - 27
    edited June 2015
    Reb

Where canI find short position on MNKD?
    edited June 2015
    Reb

Where canI find short position on MNKD?

This gets updated twice a month

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/mnkd/short-interest

See you soon!
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi Reb,

Complete the following sentence: If I were you and I had some extra cash to invest in stocks, I'd buy a few shares of_____________ right now.

Assume we already own MNKD.

Thanks!
    Sam
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited June 2015
    Double post
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    If someone doesn't own MNKD - would now be a good time to buy?

I think interest rates will be rising soon and even if they take a while this is a golden play:
    TBT

let me know what you think!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Sam B wrote: »
    Hi Reb,

Complete the following sentence: If I were you and I had some extra cash to invest in stocks, I'd buy a few shares of_____________ right now.

Assume we already own MNKD.

Thanks!
    Sam

Check this out XOOM I got in the high 19's this IMO has a future how much and how long is for you to decide I'm no expert but lots of insider buying and I like what I've been reading. But for me 10k off of 2k shares I'm gone $25 should be no problem.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    winner_13 wrote: »
    If someone doesn't own MNKD - would now be a good time to buy?

I think interest rates will be rising soon and even if they take a while this is a golden play:
    TBT

let me know what you think!

I woudnt be to sure of a rate hike, economy is fragile at best, ppl been expecting it for years, Yellen and company may have other ideas.
    edited June 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    I woudnt be to sure of a rate hike, economy is fragile at best, ppl been expecting it for years, Yellen and company may have other ideas.

This ^^^^