Betting Talk

Stock Market thread

Comments

• TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited March 2015

BTD, stopped by and dropped in when Carl was there...think I scared the shit out of him lol, told him to say hi from TheReb...wife wondered what the hell I was doing when I pulled off the road lol.. ;)
    edited March 2015
    This is what I really like, the actual testimonials from those using it, Amy is very well followed via social media and was skeptical at first, check this out ;) and the comments that follow are very encouraging as well....this is still an amazing opportunity in my eyes at pre approval prices, the short interest is over 90mill now and I still can't see a way out for them, even if you take the convertible note that is due in Aug. along with the 9 mill. shares that BofA borrowed you still have quite a bit of float that will be unavailable to them to cover. What is also incredible is that a lot of these testimonials are from type 1's and some are saying they are almost "forgetting they are diabetic" compared to what they have been using to this point ;)http://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/test-driving-new-inhaled-insulin-afrezza#1
  • ChrisTChrisT Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    BTD,
    Revisiting this thread to let you know my port is appreciative of the knowledge you shared back in Nov. Been accumulating ZARFF, DTHRF and SDCJF. I have a general question for you. Has oil found its bottom in your opinion?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Reb
    Any new feelings on MNKD
    edited April 2015
    Reb
    Any new feelings on MNKD

Been up in the Northeast, just saw this Okie, short interest continues to get stretched now at 96+Mill...I know it sounds like a broken record but they continue to contain the share price through "borrowed shares"....they continue to pay 30% interest currently to maintain their position....many longs continue to get their "dividend" checks and reinvest to add to their holdings. The reviews from those that are what we call the "early adopters" continue to have nothing short of stellar results. Their A1c's are coming in now and they are NON DIABETIC readings see following sample of those that are posting their results most of which are amazingly Type 1's:

http://afrezzauser.com/week-5-results-in-zone/

You can see from their correlated A1c's compared to where they were the truly remarkable numbers. It is definitely a game changer and no one can say they didn't have an opportunity to get in at ridiculous prices. There are several interesting dates coming up, Sanofi reports earnings and will have a conference call at the end of this month. Mannkind will follow with theirs after the first week of May. The ADA conference is in the beginning of June. Both companies have been very quiet leading up to those annual conference calls. Like we spoke about when you were out, I continue to buy the Jan '17 calls at the 3 strike...essentially it is like getting 2 for 1 leverage on the shares. Hope that answers your question ;)
    edited April 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Reb,

Picked up some AGEN today at 3.34. A couple of days ago I let BIOD go for 3.14 made a little and just moved it to AGEN.

This is why you have to have patience with these, you still holding this I hope? need to catch up with that dinner we spoke about ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=agen&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS544US544&oq=agen&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.11134j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/04/24/why-agenus-inc-shares-are-soaring-today.aspx
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I let that go a while ago. I don't hold long. Haven't done much lately I made a nice chuck a few years back with in and out. I want to live long enough to spend it. I have enough that just sits with income coming in so I could live the way I always have that I don't touch. The rest I play with and I don't have 10 years to wait (like the last articule I read from MNKD )so I can cash out and buy a new Hoverround. Everytime I read about the good news on MNKD I see red. Let the younger people wait. Good to see you hope business is doing well. Will get together soon.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    ChrisT wrote: »
    BTD,
    Revisiting this thread to let you know my port is appreciative of the knowledge you shared back in Nov. Been accumulating ZARFF, DTHRF and SDCJF. I have a general question for you. Has oil found its bottom in your opinion?

Chris--
    Sorry it took so long to answer, but been basically out of touch lately dealing with my Mothers death.

I think oil will be about $80 by year end-- middle east keeps blowing up, and as hedged production finally works it's way out many companies that haven't slowed down much yet will. I'm still very high (could it be the confiscated herbs that the govt. has been burning around here?) on several of these little oils-- and been averaging down.

SDCJF, AXAS, and ATXDY (read latest annual report out today)-- and, for some income, ZARFF & TBTEF. Also, for dividends you can't go wrong with most of the pipeline companies.

Good luck with your investments.
    edited April 2015
    ChrisT wrote: »
    BTD,

Chris--
    Sorry it took so long to answer, but been basically out of touch lately dealing with my Mothers death.

I think oil will be about $80 by year end-- middle east keeps blowing up, and as hedged production finally works it's way out many companies that haven't slowed down much yet will. I'm still very high (could it be the confiscated herbs that the govt. has been burning around here?) on several of these little oils-- and been averaging down.

SDCJF, AXAS, and ATXDY (read latest annual report out today)-- and, for some income, ZARFF & TBTEF. Also, for dividends you can't go wrong with most of the pipeline companies.

Good luck with your investments.
    edited April 2015
    Dogs
    Sorry to hear about your Mom RIP
    edited April 2015
    My condolences BTD, always puts/keeps things in perspective.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Very sorry for your loss. Prayers sent your way BTD.
  • ChrisTChrisT Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    BTD
    Thanks for the response as always. Prayers for you and your family. Best
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I assume the CNBC article is the reason for the latest plunge of MNKD?

Reb, can you give us a realistic, numbered estimation of how many years you think it will take for this stock to get back to the $7-$8 mark? Are we talking a year, two years, five years, more?? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to dump now and cut my losses or hang on for seemingly ever. Thanks.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Great question
    Been riding
    edited May 2015
    Cools wrote: »
    I assume the CNBC article is the reason for the latest plunge of MNKD?

Don't know what price your in but I was in two places. One place My avg was $7.50 or so and I had 4k shares I sold last Nov and lost $260.00
    The other place my Avg is 5.50 and I have another 4k in shares. if we can get just a little run I'll take 5.50 and out all the way. To answer your question and I'll bet anybody low 4 figures you have a least 5 years before this stock gets anywhere close to $10. Good news, down Bad news Down. I'm 65 I can't wait maybe 10 years for a maybe. If your in your 40's and really don't really need the money I would sit. Should have known people are creatures of habit and if there living with a needle and it's taking care of them most people are afraid of change so I don't believe you'll ever get the sales needed to make a score. If it was to happen it would have happen already. I still ask Doctors and RN's and they don't know what I'm talking about and it's been selling since Feb.

But let me add I'm no expert but I'm done with the Phar's I just bought AA (Alcoa) on the 15th last month for 13.43 and it's 13.82 I think as of yesterday and if I can make up the small loss so far from MNKD I'll sell both and look for better company's. I'll go back the way I was in 2009 when I was grinding 20k/30k from the market a year until I got greedy with this MNKD thinking this would be a nice score.

Sorry for all the negativity but this stock really pisses me off I'm just one of the lucky ones that got in at $4 and some at $5+ and $6+ at this house. Reb knows a lot more then me this is just my rant.
    edited May 2015
    Cools, Okie, OT *I posted this a few days ago hit the button and thought it replied...didn't realize that for some reason not only it didn't go through but I couldn't get into the BT server either and didn't realize until I spoke to OT yesterday. Fortunately, kudos to the auto save feature so I didn't have to write it again, lol. I've added to it afterwards since a buddy of mine went to the BofA conference held at the Wynn yesterday.

Just saw this so sorry for the late response haven't logged in for about a week...few things, Cools - IMO, it will be back there within the year if not within 6 mos. Okie keep riding and adding IMO...OT I understand your frustration as it can definitely make you scratch your head especially with biotechs and even more so when looking at the superiority of the product when looking at these unprecedented numbers:

Brian in the online group of the early adopters that are keeping track of their daily numbers along with their A1c's as they come out of their first 90 days using the product...his A1c has gone from 10.1 into the 5's (considered non diabetic range) which he has never been able to do, see link: http://afrezzauser.com/week-7/

the short interest just keeps climbing and hit the 100 million share mark as reported after yesterdays close....again they are paying upwards of 30% interest to carry that short position and after Friday's conference call, the CEO said there will be NO SECONDARY offering or dilution to help them cover when a convertible comes due in Aug. ...so you got me as to how they're going to cover their short position ;)

The reason no one has heard of it yet OT is because Sanofi has purposely/intentionally done a "soft launch" in using the type 1 diabetics and having the ones that know how to best control their own blood sugar actually be the ones to educate their Endo's and physicians. The insurance companies will end up making this a Tier 2 on formulary which will be the preferred insulin treatment...when that happens (and it will when they end up getting the label changed) the script numbers will be what most who have followed imagined. OT, I would take you up on the low four figures offer but I really don't like taking money from friends ;) ....but if you want to do a friendly wager like a nice steak dinner or along those lines, bring it on buddy!

Adding (after yesterdays conference at the Wynn), their conference call was considered "weak" by many last friday, however, the conference they did yesterday was quite the opposite and they gave quite a few details of things going forward. Here is a link to it (not sure you may have to register (free) to listen to it:

http://www.veracast.com/webcasts/baml/healthcare2015/id88207373855.cfm

and accompanying slide presentation to go along with it:

http://www.veracast.com/webcasts/baml/healthcare2015/events/2073_mannki/pdf/MannKind_Corp.pdf
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Reb. I always feel a little bit better after your replys.

OT, I am holing 2K shares at about $7 per. I don't need the money right now, but we will be looking to buy a house in a year or so. We are far from well off but have some savings. I decided this would be a good way to invest but it obviously hasn't paid off yet. I will continue to hold and will have to assess down the road when/if I need the money.
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Reb. I always feel a little bit better after your replys.

OT, I am holing 2K shares at about $7 per. I don't need the money right now, but we will be looking to buy a house in a year or so. We are far from well off but have some savings. I decided this would be a good way to invest but it obviously hasn't paid off yet. I will continue to hold and will have to assess down the road when/if I need the money.

I have 4k left and I'm holding but NFL it hits 7.50 (in 5.50) I out so fast it would be a blink I'll take an 8k profit and move on. Cools you sound like a young man that can afford to wait I can't. I believe at some point this stock may go $10, $15 the numbers I was expecting the 1st quarter of 2015 not $3 Hey Reb is far more advance then I am and it's more then likely the right thing to do is listen to him.

I swear if it gets to $7.50 and I leave then goes beyond I'll wish all good luck I have enough that if I miss the $15 $20 whatever I can still live the way I live. I was suppose to make anywhere from 70k/100k in the year 2014 Reb will tell you it's not BS but I was so wrapped up in MNKD I didn't really want to sink anymore money in the Bio's and missed out on 2 other Bio's one went almost 4x more and the other a little over double the prices that I would have gotten in at.

I do believe the shorts are scaring people into selling but I swear I'm not afraid I'm in to cheap and losing the money isn't going to change my life but I expected more by this time 1/2 the year is almost gone and nothing is happening. Good News Bad News one thing for sure the color red. I didn't know all the hoops you had to go through I thought it was Approve, Labeling, Marketing and Selling. Didn't think about the Doctor's or the insurance company's who at this point are paying through the nose for Harvoni for Hep C Each pill is over $1000 total cost is around 100,000 they're picking it up in full if your approved and most are because it works. I talk to many Doctor's and not one has seen a patient fail when taking this drug and that's why the insurance company's for most are approving 100% payment.

The insurance company's are going to want to see the MNKD drug work better then the needle and if the price is more for the patient with the way jobs are and working wage and if it's going to cost more and the needle is working they will stay with the needle those that can't afford the extra money if the insurance company doesn't pick it up. That's my sticking point the Insurance Company's and what's it going to cost them and you. Yes the inhaler is more convenient but it's going to have to show much better results then the needle to make the Insurance company's pay. Talking to Reb he says the results are great they going to have to be that way and stay that way Reb also says no side effects big plus bit IMO I've been around to long and have dealt with Insurance for a very long time the stock has a way to go but as I said JMO I'm not waiting, well I'll wait till I hope $7/$7.50

This is just my Opinion I don't like money just sitting doing nothing I would rather get out the first chance I get and move on to something I else. I'm a believer of IN and Out in my Father's day it was buy and hold. I wish all good luck I really and maybe you'll wake up one and it will spite to $10 it's not asking a lot.
    edited May 2015
    My wife sent me this from a blog in her field. I think it's going to be very hard to convert long-term needle users but hopefully new folks diagnosed will see the benefits. It's going to be a LONG LONG hold I see now.

http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2015/05/15/unkind_to_mannkind.php
    edited May 2015
    My wife sent me this from a blog in her field. I think it's going to be very hard to convert long-term needle users but hopefully new folks diagnosed will see the benefits. It's going to be a LONG LONG hold I see now.

http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2015/05/15/unkind_to_mannkind.php

I read the blogs comments, they obviously have not done any due diligence other than the one poster (anonymous) who obviously was frustrated with the ignorant comments. The numbers don't lie, take another look at the link I posted to afrezzauser.com his blog and bio. It won't be a long long time IMO...I think you'll end up pleasantly surprised ;)
    edited May 2015
    Alright I'm back in the Doctor said I got 20 more so I bought more this morning. A lot more.
    edited May 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Alright I'm back in the Doctor said I got 20 more so I bought more this morning. A lot more.

There went your kids inheritance.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    The stock market is way out of sinc with the real economy right now and the bear is just waiting to tear it all to shreds.
    A better tell is bond prices than stock prices. When the economy is thriving the yield curve is normalized. We have bee running a flat to inverted yield curve for years now. All the moves Bernanke made to save the bankers will come back to cripple this country
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    anyone here know anything about commodities trading? i know its a broad question. just wondering though.

If anyone does which do you know about?