Betting Talk

Stock Market thread

Comments

• BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for keeping up with some of the news on the board BTD....passed by you yesterday at 20 mph on the way up to visit my boys

Make sure you listen to our little radio station on the way thru-- 89.1 FM--- you can get it from Tonopah down to the now closed Shady Lady brothel. And drive safe.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    This is the type of stuff from the good guys that you need to see on TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkJ10Nq1xmM
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    This is the type of stuff from the good guys that you need to see on TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkJ10Nq1xmM

I'm sure you will be seeing that type of stuff in fairly "short" order my friend ....love the video, especially the shot of the bird feeder use of the exubera tube
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited February 2015
    stock acts well, thru 7
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    MNKD
    Good Volume
    Good Run
    Time for Shorts To Try and Cover
    edited February 2015

I was just going to post this. Looks good and I think we're rounding the far turn and hope we have enough horse because Belmont has that long stretch.
    edited February 2015
    I was just going to post this. Looks good and I think we're rounding the far turn and hope we have enough horse because Belmont has that long stretch.

I don't know why but the following came into my mind when I read the above highlighted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ferrari+488+gtb&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS544US544&oq=ferrari+488&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.15136j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for keeping up with some of the news on the board BTD....passed by you yesterday at 20 mph on the way up to visit my boys

Make sure you listen to our little radio station on the way thru-- 89.1 FM--- you can get it from Tonopah down to the now closed Shady Lady brothel. And drive safe.

Listened on the way home last eve. 501C? was it doctor dave? and the mix of Crosby Stills Nash, Kingston Trio, Eagles was nice....btw someone should have told the Shady Lady they were closed, looked fairly active as I was driving by LOL...
    edited February 2015
    The Shady Lady closed right before Xmas. It's up for sale, if you're interested. I would buy it, but with my short bankroll I'd have to run it by hand. :scare:
    edited February 2015
    We're sad to see them go as they were a sponsor of our non-profit station.

file:///C:/Users/verismo/Downloads/Shady%20Lady%20Ranch%20Brothel%20-%20spot.mp3
    edited February 2015
    In case you missed this after the close last friday, BlackRock disclosed they now own over 5.1% of MNKD, judging by today's price action guess the shorts took notice :) :

secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FileName=0000215457%2D15%2D000048%2Etxt&FilePath=%5C2015%5C02%5C06%5C&CoName=MANNKIND+CORP&FormType=SC+13G&RcvdDate=2%2F6%2F2015&pdf=
    edited March 2015
    Waving the white flag on MNKD, My dollar cost avg is about $5.50 so my risk/reward was well worth it to hang on. Bullshit or not the shorts are still not going anywhere. IMO and that's not saying much but the big boys run the show and there on the other side. I'm hoping for one quick run or the price not going to much lower because early april it becomes Long term gains. saying goodbye and hopefully in 3 years from now I could say I could have have killed it but choose to leave.

EDIT: There's a stock I missed the boat on that a few months ago that was $24 and now in the $60's and another one that I sold for a nice gain but two days later the company was sold and went up another $10. So good luck to all I can't seem to get past the 60/80k I should have made.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Say it ain't so OT!! Well, I do hope you are wrong about this one ;)

The recent activity is a bit concerning but I thought there were some very reassuring factors in that BlackRock bought up a ton of MNKD shares and that they are tripling production of Afrezza, working 'round the clock to do so.

Reb...some positive reinforcement please?
    edited March 2015
    Cools wrote: »

The recent activity is a bit concerning but I thought there were some very reassuring factors in that BlackRock bought up a ton of MNKD shares and that they are tripling production of Afrezza, working 'round the clock to do so.

I'm not out yet and I'm no expert but you need the doctor's to recommend the inhaler and from what I'm reading they maybe reluctant to recommend it to their patients. You read good u read bad but the price always reflects the bad news. It was 7.50 a week ago its under 6 again. I could wait 2/3 years if I had to don't want to but this is getting old. The shorts are strong and holding firm. Like I said I'm no expert but gee can't hang around the 7's for a while. How low is going this week. Good luck mid April Ill consider at that time and hopefully it will be around 7
    edited March 2015

I can't give you any more reinforcement other than I finally just closed on an investment property that I cleared just under 100k on in two years (short sale I purchased at a great price).....I listed it awhile back and waited to get my price...figuring the appreciation rate on it is going to slow down to more normal 3-5%/yr. so am now going to buy about 200 leap contracts (jan '17 in the money calls 3 strike for about 3 in change)...will cost me 60k+ and give me equivalent of 20k more shares....so if that doesn't tell you where I still stand I don't know what will lol....Goldman Sachs downgrade yesterday exposed where the shorts are connected and that was all I needed to see for final conviction....they are the 800 lb. gorilla in the room and are looking to either cover themselves or for a large client....I see what you see also with the institutions continuing to accumulate, also shares that are lent out to the shorts now are getting as high as 21% on their money at Fidelity...how long the shorts can continue to pay that juice is anyone's guess but it sure has to be painful for them...if you want to see where the results of this great therapy for diabetics lies...just google afrezzauser blog or afrezzauser twitter and see how Sam's life has changed...he has to remind himself he is a type 1 diabetic at times now ;)
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Love it Reb, and congrats on the property sale. LONG AND STRONG!
    edited March 2015
    LONG AND STRONG!
    Reb's wife's XMAS wish!
    LOL
    edited March 2015
    Love it Reb, and congrats on the property sale. LONG AND STRONG!

Congrats on the sale good job. I don't want to sound like Doom and Glum but last year we were reading wait until the first quarter well that's here and it's under $6.00 maybe time to buy more :) Two weeks ago I read sales were good and everyone was happy then 3 days later everyone is disappointed in sales and the market reflects that. Don't know who to believe and who not to believe. If things were going good or at least people had the impression that things were about to change after 10 years of the same story with MNKD this stock would at least hold steady.

It's( I could be wrong) the biggest shorted stock in the market. Please don't quote me I could be way off. I'm just hoping it stays over $5.50 because that's my break even number. Like I said I'm no expert but I know when something does nothing after all this time that was suppose to be a major break through in diabetes. My son has has type one and I had to tell him about this and ask his Doctor who knew nothing about it. Not only do you need the Doctor's to back this you also need the insurance company's and that's going to depend on price. It's just my opinion and most likely not as informed as people who know the market much better then me I can't see this stock hitting $15.00 by years end not even close. I built a decent amount of cash in a fun account with hit and runs a few thousand here a few thousand there but this is almost a year and it's like dead money. I'm in till the end of April or see it going in a positive direction if I not I hope you all hit it big.
    edited March 2015
    Congrats on the sale good job. I don't want to sound like Doom and Glum but last year we were reading wait until the first quarter well that's here and it's under $6.00 maybe time to buy more :) Two weeks ago I read sales were good and everyone was happy then 3 days later everyone is disappointed in sales and the market reflects that. Don't know who to believe and who not to believe. If things were going good or at least people had the impression that things were about to change after 10 years of the same story with MNKD this stock would at least hold steady.

It's( I could be wrong) the biggest shorted stock in the market. Please don't quote me I could be way off. I'm just hoping it stays over $5.50 because that's my break even number. Like I said I'm no expert but I know when something does nothing after all this time that was suppose to be a major break through in diabetes. My son has has type one and I had to tell him about this and ask his Doctor who knew nothing about it. Not only do you need the Doctor's to back this you also need the insurance company's and that's going to depend on price. It's just my opinion and most likely not as informed as people who know the market much better then me I can't see this stock hitting $15.00 by years end not even close. I built a decent amount of cash in a fun account with hit and runs a few thousand here a few thousand there but this is almost a year and it's like dead money. I'm in till the end of April or see it going in a positive direction if I not I hope you all hit it big.

The misconception about sales is that they haven't marketed this anywhere really yet as they are still manufacturing around the clock to meet an expected demand, the first and most important phase was to get the primary's and endo's up to speed via educating...Sanofi knows how to ramp up a launch of a diabetes drug better than anyone...see Lantus when it first came out until it became their all time best seller... as far as getting an appointment these days with a primary under our new lovely healthcare system it takes some almost a month before they can even get in, so the scripts numbers will take a bit of time but week over week you should see the growth percentages improve. Go back to his twitter starting 1/28 when he is about to pick up his prescription and then read on from there....it's unprecedented and amazing to watch from the beginning, a true game changer and send to your son as well https://twitter.com/afrezzauser ;) ....talk soon, when we meeting up for March madness again? Okie, what days are you coming in, and Dubbs also...anyone else?
    edited March 2015
    LONG AND STRONG!
    Reb's wife's XMAS wish!
    LOL
    Look at Vegas thread
    Three below right now
    See u
    edited March 2015
    date, time and place, March 16 I take my daughter for out patience surgery it's like 5am if they stay on schedule. Then March 17 I take my wife to the eye doctor to make sure the eye healed at 2pm and that's always a 2/3 hour visit . But I'm good even on those days more towards the evening then the days. after that I'm free.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Guys, I want to give you a play that I am super bullish on, I have never been this long in one stock in my entire life as I am on WisdomTree (WETF) and I am actually contemplating buying more. The company is an ETF sponsor, all they basically do is create different ETF’s that provide investors exposure to any and all markets, they have something like 60-70 different funds, their average fee on AUM is 52 bps. They have two funds that have had huge returns and the most inflows in the entire industry (more than the funds of fidelity’s, blackrocks, etc). HEDJ, which is an etf focused on European equities that hedges out the euro exposure. You make money when the euro goes down and/or when the equities rise in price – both scenarios have been occurring and the fund is up something like 17% this year (http://www.nasdaq.com/article/how-wisdomtrees-hot-etf-doubled-to-10b-in-8-weeks-cm442257). They also have a fund with exactly the same concept but focused on Japanese equities (ticker: DXJ) and it’s also a blockbuster (I own both of the funds as well). It’ pretty simple to evaluate the stock, the more assets under management they have, the more they will have in fees. The company updates their aum and net inflows daily on their site (http://ir.wisdomtree.com/index.cfm) --- they have been growing at about 1 billion dollars a week, going from 39 billion in the beginning of the year to 49 billion today. Also, they started 100mm buy-back program about 6 months ago and have issued a dividend, company has no debt and about 150mm of free cash with a market cap of 2.5 billion. If they keep growing at this rate there is no reason they can’t manage 100 billion by year-end and have the value of their share price double. I bought them at every level possible and I am super fucking long (wish my wife thought the same!). Good luck if you follow!
    edited March 2015
    Buying more MNKD at this level
    Major firms are trying their best to drive it down
    IMHO
    edited March 2015
    The following is unprecedented and very powerful, more so from a humanitarian standpoint for the future of the diabetic community:

http://afrezzauser.com/afrezza-confirmed-by-doctor-as-real-deal/

if in fact it is reversing insulin resistance, there cannot be enough said in how this will change the lives of millions of people. OT you should have your son read this, truly amazing - see you and the others soon ;)