Betting Talk

Baltimore Ravens Thoughts Tonight

WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
I have Baltimore on the list this week and now @ -2.5 I like them even more. I understand once the game starts the off field issues are forgotten for a few hours but has the scrutiny of the past week worn the team down (especially the coaching staff?) Thoughts?
I am not looking forward to the banter tonight about Ray Rice during the game and the eventual comparison to Roethlisberger's reduced suspension from his problem a few year's back.

Comments

• sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm in a pool with the picks on pitt. +2.5 is 31-5 highest consensus I have seen in a long time.. I like balt
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Baltimore has performed better at home over the last few seasons, compared to their road numbers. Actually one of the most consistent home-field advantages in the Harbaugh era after Seattle and New England. The numbers from last week vs Cincy were bad. Big chance of a rebound here.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I have no opinion on the game, but it is a bigger game for the Ravens. If they lose tonight, they're 0-2 with both losses coming at home against division rivals.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I considered what you said kane in my thought process and it is very valid. With a loss tonight and the off field issues that will not go away (nor should they reagarding Rice,) the Ravens could be in for a long season.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    The numbers from last week vs Cincy were bad. Big chance of a rebound here.

I disagree with this. Baltimore's numbers were good last week. 400+ yds of offense, outgained Cincy. They were 8-17 on 3rd down. Held Cincy to 4-14 on 3rd down. Lost turnover battle 2-0.

Now they are in the same price range, vs Pittsburgh, as they were vs Cincy? I don't have Cincy even with Pitt. Maybe others do. There's definite value on Baltimore if they can put the bullshit aside and play football. Probably easier said than done.

I had Baltimore -1.5 last week vs Cin. I have them -4 this week.
    edited September 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    I disagree with this. Baltimore's numbers were good last week. 400+ yds of offense, outgained Cincy. They were 8-17 on 3rd down. Held Cincy to 4-14 on 3rd down. Lost turnover battle 2-0.

We're actually agreeing here Ed. Let me clarify. A team that has good yardage numbers, converts it's 3rd downs but scores very few points will have bad efficiency ratings. That's why I said: 'the numbers last week vs Cincy were bad'. I meant that their efficiency ratings were bad. In the Harbaugh era their numbers have been much better at home, so I'm expecting a rebound. Thus the value is on Baltimore.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    i run a book and game getting 3x the action on Pitt than bmore
    edited September 2014
    Great win guys,

Just a note. Boxscore may say -3 TO's for Pittsburgh. But none of them were mistakes. All 3 forced. Gives the line a little bit more value for the Steelers, next week vs CAR. Keep it in mind and good luck.