Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited May 2014
    Durito, nice write up.
    You might have a point on the selected memory thing. A million wagers later and I can't forget John Tudor -340 to Astros losing. Lol
    Question though, if I believe my dog wager is as strong as a favorite play , why would I wager 1/2 unit vs a1 unit, cuz if I am correctly managing my bankroll this allows me to pick up more then 1 unit.
    Thanks if you have time to respond.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    technical analyses for tonight:

Looks like a 3 - 3 finish for tonight unless the Astros come back and win which will then put us at 4-2 for the day and 1 up above the 0 trend line.
    earlier I stated that we where in a rising wedge which is true, but I also noticed that inside the rising wedge is an inverse head n shoulders pattern
    which is bullish and can certainly invalidate the rising wedge. If we close at 3-3 w'll still be kissing the above trend line and will have to wait until it breaks for further confirmation to the bullish side.
    That's a wrap for tonight
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Durito, nice write up.
    You might have a point on the selected memory thing. A million wagers later and I can't forget John Tudor -340 to Astros losing. Lol
    Question though, if I believe my dog wager is as strong as a favorite play , why would I wager 1/2 unit vs a1 unit, cuz if I am correctly managing my bankroll this allows me to pick up more then 1 unit.
    Thanks if you have time to respond.

Wrote up a response here but the forum is not connectinf to any of my computers or ips for some reason. Will try tomorrow.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I've changed my avatar....LETS DO THIS BG!!
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoTnGa-Dckw
    edited May 2014

If this works, BG followers are going to be kicking themselves for not finding an avatar during basketball season with the Big 10 scoring points. Lol
    edited May 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    If this works, BG followers are going to be kicking themselves for not finding an avatar during basketball season with the Big 10 scoring points. Lol

IF!? We don't need that kind of negativity around here, take it elsewhere please
    edited May 2014
    To support the moves on my chart I need a Volume indicator, so CLV will be used to back up the moves up or down on the chart.
    Now that I've taken a longer look at this I realize what WORM said is True "if that CLV don't break 1.0 we're in trouble"
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    DeadMoney wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good essay on this topic?

Read what durito referenced. Google "expected value vs expected growth" and read the stuff by Granchow, including all of the links.
    edited May 2014
    Just in case nobody knows "Granchow" works for Heritage
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    durito wrote: »
    I'd love to get as many plays as possible, but the service only advertised 15 picks a week and you already have low iq folks like homedog across the street claiming he is chasing every time there is more than 2 plays a day (since god forbid there could be more than 2 bettable games in one day).

That has got to be killin you! I only found 9 that were bettable (a word coopertino don't recognize)

How does this compare to his volume from last year? Nothing happens in a vaccum. When you run a service and realize people are paying a significant fee and risking more of their hard earned cash, it is a stressor. Not hinting or suggesting this is the case now. But I would in no way be surprised if BG didn't tighten up his trigger points and limited plays. Although I see someone saying there were 6 games yesterday. And the above only applies with honest businessmen, not the jack prices of the world.
  • TwoninerTwoniner Member
    edited May 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Ed, can you put a chart on Buffet's pick site like the ones you use on your site with daily movements?

I just drew up a chart, but it looks like shit so I wont post it. Anyway my chart show he's flirting with the resistance line on the W/L column.
    For Units W/L we need another chart which I don't have time to do right now.
    We need to win tonight folks in a bad way because if we don't and we go -2 we will crack the bottom line of a rising wedge which spells future disaster and its a long way down to the last bottom. If we win tonight and pass the resistance line we should be good to go higher the rest of the week.

Charts can work in the stock market, because buying and selling has to do with investor emotions.
    "I bought at 100, I've taken a bath, but I'm selling if it finally gets back up to 100" So you have resistance at 100.

But charts aren't going to help you with your favorite handicapper. If Jim Johnson blows a save and breaks the neckline on your units won chart, it means absolutely zero to how Jake Peavy is going to pitch tomorrow for your overnight wager.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2014

Good link...but can you explain how it applies to this thread?
    edited May 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    Good link...but can you explain how it applies to this thread?
    I guess you have a point since its about lottery outcomes
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    durito wrote: »
    I'd love to get as many plays as possible, but the service only advertised 15 picks a week and you already have low iq folks like homedog across the street claiming he is chasing every time there is more than 2 plays a day (since god forbid there could be more than 2 bettable games in one day).

He gave out a big dog that beat close easy today, still gonna lose though.

It's unfortunate that the quality of service is sacrificed due to people not having the intelligence or bankroll to go full out.

Whats "across the street"?
    edited May 2014
    But charts aren't going to help you with your favorite handicapper. If Jim Johnson blows a save and breaks the neckline on your units won chart, it means absolutely zero to how Jake Peavy is going to pitch tomorrow for your overnight wager.
    I know that.. this has nothing to do with the next nights Pitcher. The chart is testing the math models accuracy which was in fact created by a human with emotions
    edited May 2014
    Whats "across the street"?
    Its a zoo where this guy posts as him and his cat cwissy. If I ever see that cat Im gonna skin it alive in front of his face. or unless Durito wants to give it a Columbian neck tie :laugh:
    edited May 2014
    Just in case nobody knows "Granchow" works for Heritage

Everytime I bet an "off" line there I picture him sitting back and laughing at my stupidity
    edited May 2014
    Everytime I bet an "off" line there I picture him sitting back and laughing at my stupidity

why ???
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    why ???
    I'll take a stab at that...because they defend against bets a little like Pinnacle does...my experience has been that they are extremely sharp and when the best number is at Heritage, beware...I even played against the 'Heritage lean' last NFL season.
    edited May 2014
    munson15 wrote: »
    I'll take a stab at that...because they defend against bets a little like Pinnacle does...my experience has been that they are extremely sharp and when the best number is at Heritage, beware...I even played against the 'Heritage lean' last NFL season.

I've noticed heritage has lines 3 cents better than buffets release and we've been losing.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    My experience so far has been that they instantly move the lines against me so I gave up and play them elsewhere.
    edited May 2014
    yeah i don't blame you
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited May 2014

How does this compare to his volume from last year? Nothing happens in a vaccum. When you run a service and realize people are paying a significant fee and risking more of their hard earned cash, it is a stressor. Not hinting or suggesting this is the case now. But I would in no way be surprised if BG didn't tighten up his trigger points and limited plays. Although I see someone saying there were 6 games yesterday. And the above only applies with honest businessmen, not the jack prices of the world.

My biggest concern is when we get around the end of season. If he's below breakeven, is he going to be chasing trying to get into positive territory? On the flip side, if he's up a few units is he going to shut it down as mutual fund managers do in Q4 if they're beating the market?

Say he has 100 clients, thats almost $200K from his pocket if he doesn't finish positive.
    edited May 2014
    Jeez playing the redsox is almost like playing a 30-0 maiden claimer. Poor horse might die before it see's the winners circle.
    Shout out to Pistol Pete Feriolla or Gasper Moschera Juice these MOFO asap
    edited May 2014
    Say he has 100 clients, thats almost $200K from his pocket if he doesn't finish positive.

I highly doubt 200k is a concern for Mr. Buffett.
    Are you worried you might not get your 1750 back?
    edited May 2014
    jm wrote: »
    My biggest concern is when we get around the end of season. If he's below breakeven, is he going to be chasing trying to get into positive territory? On the flip side, if he's up a few units is he going to shut it down as mutual fund managers do in Q4 if they're beating the market?

Interesting question for late September and October. I thought the same thing, what if he is up 1 unit 09/15/14, do you see another play ? Don't know if playoffs are included in your package.
    As far as the refund, I am assuming there will be an offer to roll your $$$ to a RAS service or another BG service.

BTW - you might as well take Lester tonite at -129 , you know it will be a play tomorrow at -140.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    This is in no way a stab at BG, but I would be very surprised if he close to 100 subscribers. I don't know a lot about the tout industry but that seems awfully high at $1,750.00.
    edited May 2014
    As far as the refund, I am assuming there will be an offer to roll your $$$ to a RAS service or another BG service.
    I don't think that will cut it and that is not the proper way to do things. The site says refund not rollover.