Betting Talk

CBB bad beat, bitch, and venting thread

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    BigJoey wrote: »
    I know ed didn't pick this lemon, let me guess he got a east coast handicapped on his team?

Got an email before season from RAS saying they had a 12 man team. I always just thought it was a couple guys like it use to be. I was shocked when I read that.
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    There is no such thing as a "bad beat." Being on the "losing side" is all that it is. There is no such thing as a "lucky win." Being on the winning side is all that it is.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    just logged into my account, what the hell happened Howell III against Boo? Wow?
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Very true. I can handle losing bad picks. I just fucking hate it when good picks lose. I felt like all 9 plays this year easily could have won. On the bright side id rather be sitting at 4-5 on the year than 5-4 with the opposite sides. I would be much more concerned if it was backwards

No- you can't handle losing, you have proven that over and over again.
  • natasnatas Member
    edited November 2013
    Ed...do u really have a 12 man crew now?
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    omg sorry I replied in this thread! Shit happens get over it move on just replied in good nature but appears more serious? WTF? Let's move on guys Bad beats is part of gambling 101 so are games we should have lost but won, Geez done with this thread
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2013
    It was a bad result, everyone knows it, there is nothing to do from here but move on. Yes we've got 12 people, couple more than last season, and that is a very positive thing.
  • natasnatas Member
    edited November 2013
    Cool...certainly appreciate u investing back in the business with increased capping power..
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    imo NOV-DEC CBB bitching is ok

If you are a smart bettor you are pounding these lines at a 1.5-2.5% bankroll clip on these 54-56% bets and if you happen to run bad during this period your yearly profits will suffer greatly.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Nice plays this week six sense... 0-4...
    Just a bad week all around...tomorrow is a new day
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    buythehook wrote: »

Yes, this is definitely one to sleep off for the NFL (maybe a season to sleep off for the NFL)

Stevie 1-2
    Buffetgambler 1-3
    Sixth Sense 0-3-1
    Combined 2-7-1

Plus all three in red year to date NFL.

Include RAS losing a bball game as well and it just makes it one of those days you wish you would have went outside instead of watching the massacre.

Oh well, its tommorow now.
    edited November 2013
    buythehook wrote: »

My mistake six sense went 0-3-1
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    above poster is buy the hook, how about buy3 -165. Some say its ill advised, I say it takes the bad beat out things and has saved me on some tickets. Caveat is you have to correct side.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited November 2013
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Who doesn't want a place to vent about being on the wrong side of a 29pt run in under 10 minutes. This thread is great.

I'd think your clients would want you spending more time making selections of better quality than wasting time slumming with the addict junky types. Just a guess.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    I'd think your clients would want you spending more time making selections of better quality than wasting time slumming with the addict junky types. Just a guess.

Do his clients also want him to wear an adult diaper for the next 3 months so that he doesn't waste any time going to the bathroom? I'd think that would take more time than making a post on a forum.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited November 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    Do his clients also want him to wear an adult diaper for the next 3 months so that he doesn't waste any time going to the bathroom? I'd think that would take more time than making a post on a forum.

His philosophies on a lot of things seem to be regressing, may as well backslide in that area as well.
    edited November 2013

Lolll

U always have a negative comment on everything... I don't think Edward coming on here for 10 seconds is going to effect his capping ability.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2013

I could care less. I expect the cappers I follow to be relatively normal humans with families, outside hobbies, free time, etc., not machines locked in a room capping 24/7.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited November 2013

So by posting in here does this qualify me as addict/junky type? I feel bad now.
    edited November 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    I could care less. I expect the cappers I follow to be relatively normal humans with families, outside hobbies, free time, etc., not machines locked in a room capping 24/7.
    debatable. if you have outside hobbie and free time in season going to be hard to win. You don't see an NFL coach golf mid week during the season.
    edited November 2013
    Bad bad beat for not so sweet jones.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2013
    debatable. if you have outside hobbie and free time in season going to be hard to win. You don't see an NFL coach golf mid week during the season.

This reminds me of the post on a PSU football message board a few weeks ago after a loss complaining about the fact that someone saw Bill O'Brien and his family at mass on Sunday morning, when he should have been working and figuring out how to fix the defense.

As far as it being "hard to win", shouldn't Ed probably know a little bit about what it takes to win in college hoops? I'd say that whatever he's been doing for the past several years has worked out pretty well, and I don't think that locking himself in his office until January will suddenly make the service more successful.
    edited November 2013

Lolll... Big difference in going on a chat board to vent that took 10 mins and playing golf which could take 2-6 hours...maybe it's a stress relief.. Most coaches exercise during the season, IMO you have something to clear ur head.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Nice to have west.michigan go our way.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2013
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    Nice to have west.michigan go our way.

The ones that should never be close are the ones that go our way. Blew a 17 pt 2nd half lead only to bail it out at the end.
    edited November 2013
    Any fuckin chance I hang on for a push on this Miami under? Shocking this is going to lose. Another prime time over
  • James702James702 Member
    edited November 2013
    Riverside +2.5 dam
    edited November 2013
    I was lucky enough to have Riverside +5.5 -165, I was also lucky to be on the correct side Pepperdine -1.5, I know this is a bitch thread but I don't like to bitch.
    edited November 2013
    I was lucky enough to have Riverside +5.5 -165, I was also lucky to be on the correct side Pepperdine -1.5, I know this is a bitch thread but I don't like to bitch.

Wow..nice play!
    edited November 2013
    Sport / Period: NCAA Basketball / Game
    Selection:
    .Cleveland State 11/13/2013 11:00:01 PM - (EST)
    +9½ -165
This discussion has been closed.