Betting Talk

CBB bad beat, bitch, and venting thread

RightAngleRightAngle Admin
edited November 2013 in Sports Betting
If you want to bitch or vent about a bad beat, RAS, StevieY, some other service, or about anything else, let's at least keep it confined to this thread.

It is a long season.

Thanks.

Comments

• Joe DogsJoe Dogs Member
    edited November 2013
    Son of a bitch,no good dirty bastard.....This has nothing to do with plays,or services,Its just my Turrets kicking in again,thanks.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Bullshit... I've had to deal with in-laws in town all week. And of course despite the fact they could easily afford a hotel(hell I would have paid for it) they and my wife decided it would be more fun to stay with us.

I played it cool and held up well despite often feeling urges to play in traffic.

They finally left yesterday evening and would you believe my wife gave me the "i'm tired" excuse when I ask for some sort of payment for my good deeds.

I did somehow manage to have 7.5 for Stevies W Va game last night. so I guess all is not bad.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited November 2013
    You have seven threads on page one related to bad beat consternation. One is too many, this forum is too advanced for such garbage. You should rethink allowing this thread if you want to stay in tune with the implicit mission statement of BT
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2013
    Everyone is human. Even I want to bitch sometimes.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I bitch all the time.
    edited November 2013
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Everyone is human. Even I want to bitch sometimes.

You evidently went 2-2 and all hell broke loose on here. You're making a mistake, zero doubt about it. Absolutely contradicts the "smarter/sharper forum" direction.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Jala, I see your point, but I can live with it all being in one thread.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Ed is prolly not doing it cause he agrees with having a bitch thread. He's doing it cause dumbasses like me keep starting new threads bitching about something. My guess is he prefers it all in one thread and not clutter the board. Which I agree with. Sorry to the board for continued bitching. Important 2 weeks for me. I was way out of line. Won't happen again. And I feel partly responsible for Ed having to start this thread and I feel bad about that. Sorry
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Those that Bitch excessively are either betting to much or just don't have the tolerance for putting money at risk. Ed I understand we all sometimes want to bitch about a bad beat tell your wife or the mirror and if it lasts for more then a minute and you can't move on you should think about doing something else with your time and money because stress can not be good for your health. It also leads to other negative actions Bigger Bets, Bets you wouldn't have made if you didn't lose that bet Etc. A thread encouraging this is a negative to this forum and will lead to more crying and less information regarding plays and such. You know if you told a funny story about a bad beat it can be entertaining but the way some guys cry you think there next home will be a cardboard box.
    edited November 2013
    You've said it won't happen again once every month for the past year golfer

Clearly the only reason Ed i$ $elling out the BT mission $tatement in allowing the thread is to appea$e the junky addict wing of his subscriber ba$e. But that wing is a fairly decent cash cow that he doe$n't wanna lo$e.
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    What this isn't worth a sticky? :laugh:
    edited November 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    You've said it won't happen again once every month for the past year golfer

Clearly the only reason Ed i$ $elling out the BT mission $tatement in allowing the thread is to appea$e the junky addict wing of his subscriber ba$e. But that wing is a fairly decent cash cow that he doe$n't wanna lo$e.

I will buy RAS whether I can bitch on here or not. Matters zero to me
    edited November 2013
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    I will buy RAS whether I can bitch on here or not. Matters zero to me

Not what you've implied in a couple of your whiskey-fueled meltdowns. I feel like I'm violating one of the unwritten codes in this hobby but I've never pined for somebody to go broke like I do you. You give all punters a bad name in conforming to the stereotype of the addicted gambler. Hope you lose them all.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Those that Bitch excessively are either betting to much or just don't have the tolerance for putting money at risk. Ed I understand we all sometimes want to bitch about a bad beat tell your wife or the mirror and if it lasts for more then a minute and you can't move on you should think about doing something else with your time and money because stress can not be good for your health. It also leads to other negative actions Bigger Bets, Bets you wouldn't have made if you didn't lose that bet Etc. A thread encouraging this is a negative to this forum and will lead to more crying and less information regarding plays and such. You know if you told a funny story about a bad beat it can be entertaining but the way some guys cry you think there next home will be a cardboard box.

Pretty much exactly this imo.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    IMHO

Do not like this thread!!!
    edited November 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    Not what you've implied in a couple of your whiskey-fueled meltdowns. I feel like I'm violating one of the unwritten codes in this hobby but I've never pined for somebody to go broke like I do you. You give all punters a bad name in conforming to the stereotype of the addicted gambler. Hope you lose them all.

I'm highly aware that money management is or as more important than the ability to pick winners. In your case, and most others, it's your inability to pick winners is why you lose. On another note, I can assure Ed doesn't need your help on how to run a business nor this forum. That being said he doesn't need my purchase of the service either.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Those that are against bitching on the Forum are all over this thread, and THEY'RE BITCHING. lol. Seems pretty straight forward to me, if you don't want to read others complaining, simply avoid this one thread.
    edited November 2013
    I'm highly aware that money management is or as more important than the ability to pick winners. In your case, and most others, it's your inability to pick winners is why you lose. On another note, I can assure Ed doesn't need your help on how to run a business nor this forum. That being said he doesn't need my purchase of the service either.

Earlier, you said this was "an important two weeks" for you. That certainly doesn't indicate money management, nor do your gazillion other threads where you lose it over a supposed bad beat. I'd lay -1000 that given your unit size you shouldn't be subscribing to RAS, and you're upping it in a desperate attempt to justify the cost of the plays.

Also, if you think Jalapanose is losing, you aren't paying very close attention.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I understand why some posters want a place to vent and I understand why other posters would prefer BT to be as serious as possible and not allow any bitching whatsoever.

While BT strives to be sharper and more serious than other forums, please remember we do still try to cater to both serious and recreational gamblers alike. With that in mind, I think this thread helps appease everyone. As bumpo posted above, like with many other threads, if it's not something you want to read, don't open the thread.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Ed is prolly not doing it cause he agrees with having a bitch thread. He's doing it cause dumbasses like me keep starting new threads bitching about something. My guess is he prefers it all in one thread and not clutter the board. Which I agree with. Sorry to the board for continued bitching. Important 2 weeks for me. I was way out of line. Won't happen again. And I feel partly responsible for Ed having to start this thread and I feel bad about that. Sorry

Won't happen again, are you kidding me!! You will be on here two weeks from now pulling the same crap. Venting is one thing, but when you come up here and say, Grand Canyon is a f****** loser when the game is at halftime, that a 12 year old immature little kid, who can't take the winning and losing swings when it comes to gambling. I'm with Jala, hope you either go broke, or just quit gambling.
    Surprised Goats let that that post go in the first place.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    it takes years I believe to deal with the roller coaster ride so maybe golfer is still in the younger years of dealing with it as we all at one point felt the exact same way he feels. learning how to deal with it is the key. gotta learn brother or quit b/c the gray hairs will mount quickly.
    edited November 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    it takes years I believe to deal with the roller coaster ride so maybe golfer is still in the younger years of dealing with it as we all at one point felt the exact same way he feels. learning how to deal with it is the key. gotta learn brother or quit b/c the gray hairs will mount quickly.

Very true. I can handle losing bad picks. I just fucking hate it when good picks lose. I felt like all 9 plays this year easily could have won. On the bright side id rather be sitting at 4-5 on the year than 5-4 with the opposite sides. I would be much more concerned if it was backwards
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Okay, just my opinion, but as long as there is only one thread where someone can bitch about a bad beat, then I'm fine with it. There's nothing wrong with blowing off a little steam after a tough loss, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. In fact it can even be somewhat cathartic to let it out sometimes. Hell, now that I think about it, I wish this thread was in place a few weeks ago after the ending of the NW-OSU game.
    edited November 2013
    Are we gonna have a thread for lucky winners, too? Or do the bad beat people believe that it never works the other way?
    edited November 2013
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Are we gonna have a thread for lucky winners, too? Or do the bad beat people believe that it never works the other way?
    Lmao!! Very true
    edited November 2013
    On a more serious note, I personally think there is some value on knowing what teams outperformed and didn't get the cover (bad beat). You can sometimes find value on that team the next week
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    On a more serious note, I personally think there is some value on knowing what teams outperformed and didn't get the cover (bad beat). You can sometimes find value on that team the next week

don't push it golfer :).
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2013
    Who doesn't want a place to vent about being on the wrong side of a 29pt run in under 10 minutes. This thread is great.
    edited November 2013
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Who doesn't want a place to vent about being on the wrong side of a 29pt run in under 10 minutes. This thread is great.

Brutal! I'm sure Wilmington will get a backdoor like all the dogs do when we have the fav
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I know ed didn't pick this lemon, let me guess he got a east coast handicapped on his team?
This discussion has been closed.