Betting Talk

Sun Belt Football Week 8.........

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
Early start to the week:

WKU -3 1.5 Units

Going with the better defensive team at home tonight. There is also a 50-60% chance of rain tonight, and I think any bad weather would also favor the stronger running team as WKU has one of the top RB's in the nation in Antonio Andrews. The Toppers have been very good this season on both sides of the ball, except for turning the ball over to much. La-Laf has a very soft defense, and I think WKU can move the ball on them, if they protect the football. WKU also has a little more sense of urgency, having lost a conference game already. A loss tonight would almost eliminate them from championship contention. Im a fan of ULL QB Broadway, he is a very talented QB, but he tends to make mistakes in big games, and its hard for me to trust him in situations like this.

Comments

• JabJab Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm about 10 minutes from L.T. Smith Stadium. It's already starting to cloud up. All but certain that it will be raining by game time.
  • redrum14redrum14 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    took them on ml tonight! hope we hit ! good luck!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Best SB - We be opposite but one of us shall win
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited October 2013
    how's mom ?
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    how's mom ?

Home and doing better, thx for asking Kahuna. I'm sitting with her right now, about to break her damn TV after that 1st half. WKU is completly dominating this game, ridiculious that it's 13-13. I played them -3 in the 2nd half.
    edited October 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    how's mom ?

341 yards to 89 in the 1st half, Jesus.
    edited October 2013
    Still think I had the right side Tuesday night, but oh well, no use crying over spilt milk. Moving forward to Saturday:

S.Alabama -6.5 2 Units

This looks like a terrible spot for Kent. Its their 5th road game in 6 weeks, and they havent had a bye week yet this year. Starting QB is out injured, and also their excellent punter/kicker is out. Their best overall player, DL'men Roosevelt Nix is questionable also. S.Alabama is off a bye, and its homecoming for them.
    edited October 2013
    Texas St/Georgia St Under 49.5 1.5 Units

Low number for a reason. Ga St has been decimated with injuries on the OL, and the strength of the Texas St defense is its front 7. Texas St has been horrific offensively the last 2 weeks.
    edited October 2013
    Not a Belt game, but I love Bama to crush the hogs tonight. I dont think Saban will be as kind to them as Spurrier was last week. He will remember Fatty running his mouth before the season about how he had a better record in the Big 10 then Saban did, and I think he wants to welcome him to the SEC. Arkansas has no QB, and will not be able to run on the Tide D. Bama also gets back their top CB, who has been suspended the last 2 games. I think this could look alot like last years 52-0 beating Alabama gave them. I was fortunate enough to get it at 27 as soon as it opened, but you can still get 29 at BM.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    My monthly tribe/jala thread:

The line was -27.5 at BM when you started this thread (I have that position as well)

I have no problem with your "I bet team A at -3 on the opener and now its -3.5 mid week but I still think there is value" posts but I think a -27 opener bet with a saturday -29 recommendation is streching it. I just feel for less educated bettors looking at this thread thinking Alabama "will crush them for sure" at any number now that they see your post.
    edited October 2013

The line was -27.5 at BM when you started this thread (I have that position as well)

I have no problem with your "I bet team A at -3 on the opener and now its -3.5 mid week but I still think there is value" posts but I think a -27 opener bet with a saturday -29 recommendation is streching it. I just feel for less educated bettors looking at this thread thinking Alabama "will crush them for sure" at any number now that they see your post.

I started this thread Tuesday, and made my Bama bet Sunday, so when I started this thread is irrelevant. All Im saying is that IMO, this game is a huge mismatch, but thats just my opinion. Maybe some day I can be as educated as you, and be a successful gambler, or do well posting opinions on this site. Oh wait, I have already done that for 10 years now. Nevermind. Good luck today!
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't know how tribe and jala do it on a daily basis. This is exhausting!

Anybody with common sense will fully understand what I meant with my post. No need for the extra stuff.

Just looking out for those -29 -110 bettors needing a 52.4% clip to win
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Appears taco wasn't looking to bash here belt and only looking after the greater good. kiss and make up :).
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    it really doesnt matter at all. people give recommendations that they would bet up to a certain number all the time even dr bob does it ..
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    great work
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited October 2013

I'm still waiting on the first post in the history of the internet where said poster admits that he got a worse number than where it is at the moment. Hard to believe that's never happened to anybody lol
    edited October 2013
    SunBelter wrote: »
    . I think this could look alot like last years 52-0 beating Alabama gave them.BM.

And history does repeat itself. Hope all you uneducated dumbasses like me are celebrating with a cold Miller Light like I am.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    barmoycm wrote: »
    great work

Understatement.....simply put: O U T S T A N D I N G !!
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Reb, appreciate it.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited October 2013
    What's the ytd thus far belter?
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    What's the ytd thus far belter?

I have him at 15-13-2 +3.9u

The two games that he pushed, a better number was available, I am assuming the two pushes were winners for him for another 3u.