• Joe DogsJoe Dogs Member
    edited October 2013
    underwraps wrote: »
    16 on philly are they missing a 5 th player :laugh:

Should of held onto Bynam,he was the glue. :laugh:
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Pelicans u40

horrible coach, very important player anderson had horrible summer, possible sophomore slump for davis, might take a few months for tyreke to get his bad SAC habits out of his system, will holiday/gordon/evans backcourt work etc, austin rivers is awful bad, solid upcoming player in brian roberts might not get the minutes he should get etc...
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    That # is absurd just on principal. 13 win improvement? In the west?
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I am taking the Under on San Antonio - old team that did nothing in the offseason to improve, Duncon's minutes will be limited and the team is either injury pron or Pop loves to rest his guys. Also like the under on the Hawks
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    amazing to see the lakers so low but this should be an ugly season for the gold and purple...
  • sweetjones55sweetjones55 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Pelicans u40

horrible coach, very important player anderson had horrible summer, possible sophomore slump for davis, might take a few months for tyreke to get his bad SAC habits out of his system, will holiday/gordon/evans backcourt work etc, austin rivers is awful bad, solid upcoming player in brian roberts might not get the minutes he should get etc...
    durito wrote: »
    That # is absurd just on principal. 13 win improvement? In the west?

Agreed on the Pelicans under. Just to add some... The Pelicans big signing was Jrue Holiday who is very over-rated. He's not very efficient shooting the ball at 43% and his assist to turnover ratio has been near the bottom of the NBA amongst point guards the last two years. He has never finished inside of the top 20 in PER (Player Efficiency Rating) in his entire career.

I highly doubt you will be able to take out the bad habits in Tyreke Evans. I think he is who he is at this point. He just has a low basketball IQ. They are also going to bring him off the bench which is something that will take him some time to adjust to. Evans has missed 20+ games in 2 of the last 4 seasons.

Eric Gordon started 9 out of 66 games in 2011. He started 40 out of 82 games in 2012. This guy doesn't stay healthy and that normally doesn't change for players. He had his worst year efficiency wise last season shooting 40%. He was very careless with the ball last season with one of the lowest Assist/TO ratio.

Anthony Davis is their best player but he's very unselfish. This team full of shoot 1st players in Evans, Anderson, Holiday and Gordon will end up taking a large % of the field goal attempts which will hurt them as a team because Davis is by far their best scoring option efficiency wise.

Everyone is looking at this teams additions in terms of the offense but everyone is ignoring the defensive problems that weren't addressed. New Orleans was the 3rd worst defensive team in the NBA in terms of Defensive Efficiency and the signings of Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday will not change that. They will finish among the bottom of the league again in defensive efficiency.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Just looking now but I'd put a very very generous amount on utah going under 28. They tanked the shit out of this season giving up two all stars to get wiggins in next years draft. I ran through their season a few times and even being generous the best I ever gave them was 20 wins. I have them starting at 3-22 to start this year.
    edited October 2013
    Il'll also take the clippers under 57. Chaunceys gone bledsoe and grant hill gone. Odom is out on drug leave. They're playing antawn jamison bj mullens and jj reddick. They're not winning 58 in the West.

Finally I'll add the other obvious one is golden state over 49.5. They won 48 last year with a young team. They bring em all back but jarrett jack and add iguodala and a healthy Bogut. I have these guys and SA as best two in West. Likely GS im the finals.
  • minimax314minimax314 Member
    edited October 2013
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Likely GS im the finals.

GS can't be more than the 4th most likely team to come out of the West (after SAS, OKC, LAC), and may only be the 5th most likely (after MEM).

And I love everything about this GS team (coaching, Iggy pickup, etc). Even their lower-level 2nd years all have looked good in summer league and camp (Bazemore and the newly lolskinny Draymond Green), and they'll take on some of the Jack/Landry minutes. Really cool team, really cool fans, really cool story.

But there's no way that they are more likely to make the finals than {SAS, OKC, LAC}.
    edited October 2013
    We'll see how it plays out. If you think their a 4th or 5th best team in the West then I'll assume you think U49.5? I just dont see Clips or OKC with better regular season records.

minimax314 wrote: »
    GS can't be more than the 4th most likely team to come out of the West (after SAS, OKC, LAC), and may only be the 5th most likely (after MEM).

And I love everything about this GS team (coaching, Iggy pickup, etc). Even their lower-level 2nd years all have looked good in summer league and camp (Bazemore and the newly lolskinny Draymond Green), and they'll take on some of the Jack/Landry minutes. Really cool team, really cool fans, really cool story.

But there's no way that they are more likely to make the finals than {SAS, OKC, LAC}.
    edited October 2013
    I think the 49.5 number aint that bad, maybe a bit high.

So much this season depends on how those 5-6 teams do the tankjob (we all know who is going to do it).
    edited October 2013
    reading your post I headed over to nbadraft.net to see who else was available after wiggins and almost fell off my chair when I saw Willie Cauley-Stein was rated #7?!?!? I know you can't teach size but man that guy looked hopeless last year.
    edited October 2013
    That team has 3 lottery picks on it, and an outside shot at a 4th. Kansas too. We can follow half of the lottery by watching 2 teams this season lol.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    underwraps wrote: »
    These are from Bobby boy at twit... He does good with these

- BKN TT UNDER 52.5
    - PHI TT UNDER 16.5
    - MIL TT UNDER 28.5
    - DEN TT UNDER 47
    - LAL TT OVER 33.5

I know it's breaking a rule but I'm asking anyway fell free to delete Goats or can ignore wraps But I love Regular season W/L total's in all sports to get another another opinion would be great so can I ask his twitter handle. I don't know who you mean I could be missing something simple.

Also to add Pelicans-40.0 down to 39 at LVH
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Pelicans popped up at u42 at bookmaker this past weekend...now it's been OTB since the game sat night. I can't find any info on why it would be OTB other than it was a bad #.
    edited October 2013
    im pretty sure it went otb because of the evans injury.

also i remembered that we forgot about hou when discussing the contenders in the west the other day (earlier in the thread).

jrue looked atrocious for noh the other night (like 8 tovs or something, beverley outplayed the hell out of him). the only wildcard i can see re noh is that anthony davis is going to be all growns up this year. stole the ball from lin out at the top of the key, then blocked dwight howard down low, about 3 minutes separated between the 2 things.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I know it's breaking a rule but I'm asking anyway fell free to delete Goats or can ignore wraps But I love Regular season W/L total's in all sports to get another another opinion would be great so can I ask his twitter handle. I don't know who you mean I could be missing something simple.

Also to add Pelicans-40.0 down to 39 at LVH

World_Wide_Wob
    edited October 2013
    pinny putting this up did more harm than good ffs. liquidity on these is sorta lame right now. i hit the gimme on here (tor o35.5) on pinny until they shifted it to -130 or some nonsense after 3 bets.
    edited October 2013
    anyone know the max bet limits at the hilton for these?
    edited October 2013
    simmons agrees!!

Those videos are pretty funny while still being somewhat informative
    edited October 2013
    I agree, videos are entertaining and informative. Watching the Lakers one, how has Jalen Rose not seen Tommy Boy?

CRIS holding strong at 40.5 on the pelicans
    edited October 2013
    edited November 2013
    Sixers o16.5
    edited January 2014
    gonna be hard to get to .500 if he's out for a long time

METAIRIE, La. -- The New Orleans Pelicans say forward Ryan Anderson has been diagnosed with a herniated disk and will be out indefinitely.

The 6-foot-10 Anderson has been New Orleans' leading scorer, averaging 19.8 points per game, along with 6.5 rebounds and 3.6 assists.

Anderson's injury occurred during a game in Boston on Jan. 3, when he collided hard with the Celtics' Gerald Wallace in the fourth quarter of a Pelicans victory.

New Orleans plays in Miami on Tuesday night.
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    minimax314 wrote: »
    anyone know the max bet limits at the hilton for these?

Limits were a dime. They allowed re-bets though after they moved lines. I was shocked at how hard NBA season wins were to bet in Vegas in general.
    edited February 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Sixers o16.5

eatingpopcorn.gif
    edited February 2014
    lol....I was looking for this thread the other day to post and got distracted