Betting Talk

Just another boxing robbery

bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
Bet Mayweather by Unanimous Decision. The ESPN expert scores it 120-108 Floyd but somehow CJ Ross scores it a Draw and I lose as it is a Majority Decision. How do these guys not get investigated?

Comments

• BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Ross just spotted the ball in tempe as well!
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    What a joke, wisc. Gets robbed
  • bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Ross was the same judge that had Bradly over Pacquaio last year. Teddy Atlas on ESPN just said it best, "incompetent or criminal". FBI investigates point shaving but not this. Same difference it seems.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2013
    Ross just spotted the ball in tempe as well!

Hard to take any sport seriously anymore. I think they all take the "no publicity is bad publicity" to heart.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Even though it appeared the refs messed up the ending in the ASU game, if you're Wisky just kick the damn FG. With no TO's why even risk something weird happening.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    the scumbags on espn were less accurate
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    kane wrote: »
    Even though it appeared the refs messed up the ending in the ASU game, if you're Wisky just kick the damn FG. With no TO's why even risk something weird happening.

The kneel in the center+spike the ball plan was not a bad one. Just poorly executed by the QB.
  • Hank WhiteHank White Junior Member
    edited September 2013
    Man. The judge was awful bro. I feel terrible for you man I really didn't think he lost a round.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    The kneel in the center+spike the ball plan was not a bad one. Just poorly executed by the QB.
    I agree that the plan was correct. French (Wis Kicker) has been shaky and centering the ball for him was a good idea. While I agree Stave (Wis QB), could have been more definitive with his kneel-down, numerous views show that he clearly took a knee, and show that his right knee was clearly on the ground with 15 seconds left. That the Pac 10 officials doing the game did not allow time for the ball to be spiked was a travesty, and allowing a AZ ST player to lay on the ball from the 10 second mark till only 2 seconds remained is mind-boggling to me. I suppose knowing that they were Pac 10 officials, one could argue that Wis should have just tried the field goal from the right hash with 18 secs left, but I don't believe that a coach should have to account for getting ass-fucked by any officials
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I was just pissed that I didn't cover my ASU -4 2H play :). brutal ending the way it turned out but a hell of a game to watch none the less with the fake punt, big 4th down play... feel for ya bucky.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    The Wisconsin ending was a joke.

While it may not have been clear that his knee hit the ground without a replay, the ref clearly blew the whistle. Once that happens, the ASU guy diving on and laying on the ball has to be a penalty. The refs have to stop the clock there. NCAA should have the power to change the outcomes of games that are clearly crooked. Additionally, why the hell didn't they have neutral refs for a non conference game?!
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I bet Mayweather to win, he picks boxer whom he knows that he can beat with one hand behind his back, and he stole millions this way. I paid for a ppv once, but will never pay for his "fights" again, if you can call a fight. I call it a SHOW
  • Joe DogsJoe Dogs Member
    edited September 2013
    CJ Ross is crocked as a day is long.....This isn't the first fight she had some suspicious scoring issues in the fights shes judged.

Hard to believe Boxing still allows this person to judge fights with all these obvious discrepancy's.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2013

That's my point, with no TO's left you can't take a chance on something flukey happening. Stave should have knelt down and immediately tossed the ball to the ref instead of leaving the ball on the ground, that's where it all went wrong. I understand why it's better to get the ball in the center of the field, but again, without a time out you're taking a chance something goes wrong. Even though the refs messed up, the Wisky coach should have never put them in a position to potentially mess it up, just kick the damn FG.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Laid a pretty decent sized bet also on mayweather to win by unanimous decision or KO. CJ Ross should never ever judge another fight.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited September 2013
    Ross was probably just doing what she was told. Majority decision like that probably allowed the books to scoop the pot, no?