Betting Talk

Tennessee Titans 2013

WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
edited August 2013 in Sports Betting
With all the optimism for the upcoming season and alleged talent on this team, (6-10) may be the reality.

The defense did get bolstered with some heavies on the DL & signing some talented free agents in the defensive backfield will help, but the Titans gave up nearly 30 points a game on average so improving their stats should be a no-brainer. My question is who is the leader?

Jake Locker had his shoulder repaired and the offense is now going to be geared towards his talents & scrambling ability to get the ball downfield. The WRs are average at best and no TE is a pass catcher. Once again, the OL is not good and Chris Johnson will have no room to run.

The Titans open with two road games @ Pittsburgh and @ Houston and could easily be winless coming home to face San Diego. Facing the strong NFC West and adding road games in Denver & Oakland, the mileage for a losing squad hurts. Getting division wins against Houston & Indianapolis will not be easy and the Jaguars always seem to split with Tennessee.

As training camp opens soon, I will be on top of the info and keep us posted.

I am the optimistic one looking at making some money against the hometown Titans this year. ;)

--WynnBig

Comments

• wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    welcome back,good to hear from you wynn big
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    game # 1 vs Pitt is an easy cover at +6.5 or +7 if you wait
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Chris Johnson injured his ankle and stated it was nothing serious but has said he does not have to play any preseason games anyway. ???? Under a new OC it might be a good idea to keep quiet and get in a few reps. Shonn Greene is waiting in the wings, though.

The defensive drama is already beginning. Jerry Gray DC has Gregg Williams looking over his shoulder and will be in the booth "observing" the players. If the Titans start off the season like they ended it on the defensive side of the ball, the change will come soon.

The Redskins come to town on Aug. 8 as slight underdogs in NFLX week 1 and RGIII will be the headliner whether he plays a series or not, but Washington has some depth at QB. I would not be surprised to see Locker get some extra action in game 1 to develop some kind of grounding and keep the Ryan Fitzpatrick cheering section at bay......for now.

--Wynn
    edited August 2013
    Spoke with an assistant coach for our home team this evening and , of course, I asked if are we going to take care of the Redskins in this first game or what? He said," We got a little someting for ol' Shanahan." A firm handshake and a wink made me smile. Just thought I would pass it on to the board. ;)

--Wynn
    edited August 2013
    The coaching staff has said the starting units will play 20-25 snaps on both sides of the ball in game 1.

I have seen this line dropping to (-2) and I am currently leaning Tennessee as a play. Like Dallas, this coaching staff has to prove to the owner keeping them around & promotions were the correct moves so I expect some intensity and playing to win this Thursday.

Washington needs to stay healthy (RGIII) and they have to be focused on the regular season coming off the division title while the Titans just need to get some confidence and momentum at home. All week the talk has been about pride, the history of the organization (Oilers included,) and what it means to play for the Titans. I believe in a meanliness game for the Redskins, the Titans can pull a victory.

Nothing set yet, though.

--Wynn
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    I have the Titans to rebound this year. Hope that Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams can work their magic on defense and get them in the top of the League again (on defense).

I like the Titans too for the game against Washington, If not for the fact that Washington has better QB depth with Cousins and Grossman. Waiting on more news to see wether it becomes a play.
    edited August 2013
    Obi One, though the Titans may play hard in the preseason, I have doubts about this team overall for the season. Jake Locker is athletic but his accuracy & decision making will be huge question marks behind an offensive line needing time to gel. I am not sold on the defense that has not improved with any real significance. I agree they should improve but their schedule is full of teams with much better squads and coaches. If Tennessee struggles out of the gate, a very long season may be in store for them.

--Wynn
    edited August 2013
    We are under flash flood warnings in Nashville and it is raining hard. Sloppy track tonight.

--Wynn
  • LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Shanahan likes to win, even pre-season.
    edited August 2013
    I agree with Shanahan's preseason history but Munchak likes to win NFLX games @ home as well. Shanahan has a legit contender this year, something he has not had in a while so risking any injury could be more damaging than years past.

--Wynn
  • natasnatas Member
    edited August 2013
    Total hasn't moved...is whether expected to stay bad through game?
    edited August 2013
    Local weather showing another band of storms hitting around 8pm CST.

--Wynn
    edited August 2013
    underwraps wrote: »
    game # 1 vs Pitt is an easy cover at +6.5 or +7 if you wait

I am keeping a close eye on Pittsburgh this preseason with LeBeau changing his defensive scheme to bring more heat/speed rushers to adjust to the pass happy NFL. Tomlin has always started strong at home throughout his career and pressuring Jake Locker will cause turnovers. Switching up to a 3-4 will keep Locker from doing what he does best....rolling out & scrambling if the defense is dedicating a "spy" to him.
    edited August 2013
    Maikon Bonani should be kicking for Tennessee tonight as Rob Bironas has an injured back and is rumored to not participate tonight.

--Wynn
    edited August 2013
    Look for the Titans to go downfield tonight with Locker opening up the offense. I still have major concerns with his decision making and accuracy but from what I have been reading and hearing, this is the gameplan. I am passing on the game as Cincinnati looked very good last week. Lean (over 41) if I had to call it but I will wait for a better read on this team. FYI

--Wynn
    edited August 2013
    Still no urgency with this team especially on defense. The focus will be stopping the run as Cincinnati gashed the Titans. That is fine but Atlanta will take to the air and continue to expose the weak DBs.....who cannot tackle. Even when Locker is getting into a rhythm, his receivers drop the ball. No confidence in this team so I am grabbing the Dirty Birds (+3.)

--Wynn