Betting Talk

Are there any legit services out there?

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    There's only ONE Tuesday per week.. I think you mean second Tuesday of Each Month
    edited August 2013
    Homer, I think Jalp is Questioning your record, not sure why.
    But anyway, Thank goodness I never mentioned my 71% 2012 NBA Record, otherwise this thread might go 300 pages Long.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    underwraps wrote: »
    There's only ONE Tuesday per week.. I think you mean second Tuesday of Each Month

Wimpy, from Popeye
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited August 2013
    So I am to assume you are questioning my BT record, my integrity and my ability as well?

In order - Your "service"'s record - yes; maybe a little; and finally - yes.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Homeplayer,

Would you be so kind as to take $1.280 on the second Tuesday of each week for your picks?

I'm in, Babe!!!

Thanks

Your stuff is straight comped here Okie, your money is no good. Funny part is after my earlier post I was thinking bout your baby brother and how every year around this time he and i would converse about my self doubt. Same thing this year cept I have to talk myself. I still worry that my results are more the result of randomness than any particular ability I have.

Anyhoo, you gonna find some new wifi to steal in the trailer park for your baby bro to post plays this year?

Whatever happened to grandpappy Huey Beale?
  • minimax314minimax314 Member
    edited August 2013
    So is Bob definitely -EV, even for college football?

I'll concede to having bought the past 2 years. Made meh money the first year but had to endure *endless* whining about fumbles. Did well last year but just lost all confidence in anything about him based on various factors (and now moreso for adding that baseball bozo to his roster). So I was going to call myself lucky to be up and call it quits there (and just play RAS). But then part of me figures he may still be a tiny bit +EV and I'm up with the bozo so Idunno. Just call myself lucky to be up and call it quits, right?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Your stuff is straight comped here Okie, your money is no good. Funny part is after my earlier post I was thinking bout your baby brother and how every year around this time he and i would converse about my self doubt. Same thing this year cept I have to talk myself. I still worry that my results are more the result of randomness than any particular ability I have.

Anyhoo, you gonna find some new wifi to steal in the trailer park for your baby bro to post plays this year?

Whatever happened to grandpappy Huey Beale?

I always looked forward to the conversations with Horn; aka. my little brother and you

miss Howie; ah, the good old days

Homeplayer stay solid, bro!!!
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Bob is legit. I hope with more time to focus on CFB now, he'll find another edge. I have no problem adding people he respects to his site. He never really did much with baseball so he found someone he believes in. Remember his poor baseball season is not enough to conclude he stinks. And for him to give up NFL to someone he respects is admirable. He recognizes he's lost his value in that market. And you don't have to buy their service to get his picks. I am up and I have been with him for more than 10 years.
    RAS is also legit for sure.
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    "And you don't have to buy their service to get his picks." But you still have to buy his picks. Right?
  • speedboyspeedboy Member
    edited August 2013
    Have heard a lot of good things about Sweetjones55 and Mike Jacobs ,although not sure if true or not. Anyone know much about these cappers? Thank You
    edited August 2013
    How about Jen Barry I heard when she gives out loser you get free phone sex :)
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    speedboy wrote: »
    Have heard a lot of good things about Sweetjones55 and Mike Jacobs ,although not sure if true or not. Anyone know much about these cappers? Thank You

From whom did you hear such nonsense? Yourself?
    edited August 2013
    Durito, Just looking for an honest answer.
    edited August 2013
    Sweetjones is a coin flipper, but you would know that since you are him.
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Bob is legit... I am up and I have been with him for more than 10 years.
    RAS is also legit for sure.

What sports did you follow for 10 years?

I've looked carefully at his records annually, and don't see how this is possible.

Are you including the 10 year costs of the services?
  • David LarryDavid Larry Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    When was the last time one of these threads got started without several shills getting involved?

If everything was so fine and dandy on planet Dr Bob I don't think he would've felt the need to add a Tout from Pregame, a break even NBA capper, and an NFL guy no one has ever heard of. Quite the lineup he has going there.
    edited August 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    In order - Your "service"'s record - yes; maybe a little; and finally - yes.

It is times like these when I am so happy to be a member of the BT family. I thank you not only for your honesty, but for unknowingly adding credence to one of claims. I can type all day about my legit and honest record, but you will never accept it. Nothing will ever change your mind.

However.

Had one of your heroes here on the board, say Dr H or Ronbets vouched for me (nothing intended toward either of them as they have no involvement here and I picked them randomly based on your abundant thanks button usage) I would need to have you surgically removed from, as Snoop said on the Chronic, Deez Nutz.

Near impossible to break in the business these days. Thank you for helping illustrate my point.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Can't we squash the beef here, gentlemen?

The tough thing about NFL is that there are so few plays. A 57% record over three years can easily happen to a coin flipper, just by chance, while a 57% bettor could easily go 50% in that period. Line movement is much more indicative. If homer has records of that, I'm sold. And if not, I'll take him at his word.
    edited August 2013
    I joined Bob for football 2000 and basketball 2002. I am ahead. I am not a shill for him. Not sure what that would mean to be honest. I have no connection to him. I think the fact he is hiring other people and stepping away from things he feels he lost his edge is pretty smart.
    I am in for another year of cfb and I look forward to hopefully winning again. Just came off a very good basketball season.
    Again I have nothing to gain and I think I am recommending an honest capper who grinds out a profit.
    edited August 2013
    This thread must go 300 pages before first kick off.
    The 300th poster will receive a free membership to an undisclosed NFL capper who picks 72% for the past 10 years :)
    edited August 2013
    Squiggly wrote: »
    What sports did you follow for 10 years?

I've looked carefully at his records annually, and don't see how this is possible.

Are you including the 10 year costs of the services?

Bob has an ok 10 year record (v good if you don't include NFL). He's been profitable over 5 years as well, but 78.3 stars (which is like 31 units as his avg play is 2.5*) in 5 years over 2 sports makes it not worth the effort or cost (even if it isn't that expensive).

I would expect him to win going forward at NCAAF.
    edited August 2013
    baseRunner wrote: »
    Can't we squash the beef here, gentlemen?

The tough thing about NFL is that there are so few plays. A 57% record over three years can easily happen to a coin flipper, just by chance, while a 57% bettor could easily go 50% in that period. Line movement is much more indicative. If homer has records of that, I'm sold. And if not, I'll take him at his word.

No beef here sir. z-score my shit in lieu of me digging up data from my failed ventures. i'm going to google my service name and see what happens...

I guarantee no one on this board can get 55% over 200 picks in any sport or multiple sports ever with -110 lines (or -105) for shopping purposes. That isn't bragging. Edward actually did that one time, was fucking great. There was some debate over whether 55% over 250+ plays should be considered world class or not. So Edward challenged the entire board to post 200 plays and hit 55%.

No one did.

Sweatin out this Bucs Under here BR. Ground Chuck proved me wrong and went 7 strong.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    speedboy wrote: »

Don't post a lot hear but for what its worth Sweetjones is a dart thrower that specializes in spin. I had access to a subscribers picks and tracked for a while and of course it didn't match up with what he had on site. No real tracking, never kept up with things when he was losing, instant updates when on winning streaks. Routinely graded on stale lines. Basically everything from scummy capper 101.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    No beef here sir. z-score my shit in lieu of me digging up data from my failed ventures. i'm going to google my service name and see what happens...

I guarantee no one on this board can get 55% over 200 picks in any sport or multiple sports ever with -110 lines (or -105) for shopping purposes. That isn't bragging. Edward actually did that one time, was fucking great. There was some debate over whether 55% over 250+ plays should be considered world class or not. So Edward challenged the entire board to post 200 plays and hit 55%.

No one did.

Sweatin out this Bucs Under here BR. Ground Chuck proved me wrong and went 7 strong.

Picking 110/200 games correctly (55%) would happen about 9% of the time.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Sounds simple but the key information missing from most services out there (if you compare it to forum posters) is the time any selection was "released"

When you open up a random MLB thread with 6 gameday MLs posted at 6pm EST you know what you are dealing with right away
    edited August 2013
    Last year according to my own records Bob made me just under $7,000. Now I play $200/unit. I do not have all his records going back to 2000. But I can tell you going back over the years to 2000 I lost money 3 years. And made money the other 10 years. Included in that was one unbelievable year where the profit was over $16,000 for me. I am definitely up and it really isn't that close. But I am pretty sure Bob has all his records posted and I think he is up something like 200 units over his career or something like that.
    I am not here to cause problems I am just being honest, he has proven to be a long term winning investment.
    edited August 2013
    bump bump
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Anyone have any horror stories from "betting resource"? Ran into their site tonight and they at least list their pics. I've never heard of them however.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Never mind. The more I read their site, it sounds like BS. Wise guys plays too. :idoit:
  • elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm impressed with John Rainey so far. Therainman.com . Of course they don't win every play but they seem legit. Not too many plays. Make sure you play units correctly etc. We are off to great start.