Betting Talk

StevieY MLB 2013 Discussion Thread

Comments

• mikief87mikief87 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    So I missed the 8.5 today at all my outs.

I can get o5 +100 for F5 and o3.5 -105 for 2nd half. I feel like splitting my normal wager between these two bets has to be good since I am effectively getting o8.5 -102.5 but I thought I would still ask since I really don't know what I am doing. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    May I ask who has a 2nd half Total on a baseball game
  • mikief87mikief87 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    bookmaker
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2013
    mikief87 wrote: »
    So I missed the 8.5 today at all my outs.

I can get o5 +100 for F5 and o3.5 -105 for 2nd half. I feel like splitting my normal wager between these two bets has to be good since I am effectively getting o8.5 -102.5 but I thought I would still ask since I really don't know what I am doing. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

I like the OV 5 +100 1st half more than the O 3.5 2nd half but playing both will lower your variance.
  • minimax314minimax314 Member
    edited May 2013
    idunno if anyone saw that pirates game but the first run the mariners got was atrocious umpire fail.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    minimax314 wrote: »
    idunno if anyone saw that pirates game but the first run the mariners got was atrocious umpire fail.

typical with how im running right now... ugh.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    typical with how im running right now... ugh.

Sometimes giving up 3 hits isn't good enough. *sigh*
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited May 2013

Because of the walks? Both were clean walks. Only thing unlucky about that game is marte falling down on steal attempt in 8th
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    DSI also deals mlb 2nd halfs just prior to or immediately following bottom 5th. Short window. Gotta move quickly.
    edited May 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »
    DSI also deals mlb 2nd halfs just prior to or immediately following bottom 5th. Short window. Gotta move quickly.
    I use to play with them a long time ago and got out before they went bad and then to there credit got back in action but was getting cold call 2/3 times a week I won't play with u if u call my house.
    Anyway I never knew there was a 2nd half bet in bb never even gave that a second thought doing this from a bike so please excuse any mistake its not like I do better from a desk. See I read mind to lol
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    OT, wudda you wanna live to 100? That turn around NBA bet musta got you going. Good for you. We all need breaks like that. This past year I made a good bet on Creighton minus 10 or 11. They barely won the game. Thought just another loser. Ok, next day as usual check betting history(they make mistakes too). OMG, I bet Creighton on the moneyline. A typical bridgejumper special by accident. The world was beautiful again. It can get confusing playing into different software. This stuff is suppose to even out.......so watch out. lol
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    StevieY you line movin summabitch...GL today.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Dbacks had their chances in the end and the total on the A's game was quick frustrating as well...
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Fucking disgusting
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    It seems like Buffet and Stevie have been against each other a quite a few times..............anyone know the record?
  • VOR101VOR101 Member
    edited May 2013
    New to the board, thought I answer this after reviewing Stevie tonight. I have him currently at 19-25 -6.34.. May be a little off, if so I apologize. Back with Buffet in a min.
  • VOR101VOR101 Member
    edited May 2013
    35-31 +1.03 for Buffet. As for head to head, I'll do that tomorrow. Gl to everyone!
    edited May 2013
    VOR101 wrote: »
    New to the board, thought I answer this after reviewing Stevie tonight. I have him currently at 19-25 -6.34.. May be a little off, if so I apologize. Back with Buffet in a min.

FYI, Stevie updates his record here every Monday & more frequently at Kostats.com, so no real reason to track it yourself unless you really want to.
    edited May 2013
    I have to get my 2 cents in. VOR101 I think you misunderstood the question by Pettimore. What I believe he's saying is they been on opposite sides of the same game quite a few times and he's asking what's there record in those games . As far as doing there record they both up-date there record about once a week.

Calcification Mr. Pettimore please.
    edited May 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I have to get my 2 cents in. VOR101 I think you misunderstood the question by Pettimore. What I believe he's saying is they been on opposite sides of the same game quite a few times and he's asking what's there record in those games . As far as doing there record they both up-date there record about once a week.

Calcification Mr. Pettimore please.

yes OT.....that's what I meant
    edited May 2013
    I've not gotten in every play from either, so I'm sure that I missed some. But out of n=87 total plays I've gotten off this year between the 2 of them combined, I've got n=2 where they're on the same side (both wins), and n=4 with them on the opposite side (BG won 3 of those).
    edited May 2013
    Please don't take this the wrong way but does anybody really care? they're both kind enough to offer there plays and there time to answer questions so lets not turn this into a pissing contest. you have every right to keep a record and display it and I know it doesn't bother either one of them but there's really no value in comparing when one has one side and the other has the other. There will never be enough plays to actually make a difference the way you look at each player. just an opinion.
    edited May 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Please don't take this the wrong way but does anybody really care? they're both kind enough to offer there plays and there time to answer questions so lets not turn this into a pissing contest. you have every right to keep a record and display it and I know it doesn't bother either one of them but there's really no value in comparing when one has one side and the other has the other. There will never be enough plays to actually make a difference the way you look at each player. just an opinion.

Oh wow, I'm really sorry (surely didn't mean to offend). I was just trying to answer OPs question, and had the data immediately at hand to share. Agree completely that there is no value in the data due to sss (never meant to imply otherwise).
    edited May 2013
    Nothing wrong with asking the question IMO since it was not rude or inflammatory, however, agree 100% with O-T and minimax in that the sample size will never be big enough to be meaningful.
    edited May 2013
    Oh wow, I'm really sorry (surely didn't mean to offend). I was just trying to answer OPs question, and had the data immediately at hand to share. Agree completely that there is no value in the data due to sss (never meant to imply otherwise).

I did not mean to offend you or anyone if you got offended then I apologize that was not my intent.
  • JchampJchamp Member
    edited May 2013
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but I feel that many times Stevie took a play early which caused the line to move into buffet favor ... It seemed like many times buffet was adding the play later .. Just my opinion but either, I appreciate all the useful info..
  • nahmiasnahmias Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    Does the lines move as fast in baseball as it does in his hoops... Thanks
    edited May 2013
    Stevies totals move pretty quick
  • nahmiasnahmias Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Pettimore
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Does John Axford have pictures of Ron Roenicke in a compromising position with a goat?