Betting Talk

Houston in the AL

rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Sports Betting
I'm fading Houston for the early part of the season. It's gonna be like interleague play for them. Should be brutal.

Comments

• hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    rhinoceros wrote: »
    I'm fading Houston for the early part of the season. It's gonna be like interleague play for them. Should be brutal.

would imagine you are going to have to pay a bit to do so, no? not saying it isn't correct, but i would imagine you are going to be up against some heavy chalk. best of luck.
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, horns, I will be betting chalk. Houston sucked in the NL. But I think they will be very seriously outclassed in the AL.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    There's a bunch of individual MLB players that make more $$ than the entire Astro payroll. Talk about the need for contraction? Here's a prime example.

Rhino, do you think you're getting on the ground floor of this idea. The taxes will eat you up.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    The first 14 games for Houston are tough, Actually the whole season for Houston is tough but taking a conservative approach your going to have to win at least 10 of the 14 to show a profit 9 won't hurt you but that will be the amount of wins needed to not lose money. Texas is -160 on the road with Houston's ace going what are they going to be at the Angels and Oak from the 12th through the 17th. I'm maybe using a to conservative approach trying to avg out the lines. Good Luck.
    edited April 2013
    I was reluctant to jinx the streak. But now that Houston won its 2nd game I will update. YTD:

6-2 +3.02.

I'm still on it.
    edited April 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    The first 14 games for Houston are tough, Actually the whole season for Houston is tough but taking a conservative approach your going to have to win at least 10 of the 14 to show a profit 9 won't hurt you but that will be the amount of wins needed to not lose money. Texas is -160 on the road with Houston's ace going what are they going to be at the Angels and Oak from the 12th through the 17th. I'm maybe using a to conservative approach trying to avg out the lines. Good Luck.

Through those 14 games (before today's afternoon start, in progress):

10-4, +3.51 units

It looks like you overestimated the prices. 9-5 would have been plus about 1 unit, depending on which other game they won. Anyway, I'm obviously happy with +3.5 units. I'm still fading Houston, probably for another month, until their first interleague games.
    edited April 2013
    Congrats, Always nice to see a plan followed through and come together. Keep it going
    edited May 2013
    I'm still on the train. Now 21-8, +8,69. The lines are getting rather high-- I had to lay -200 or more throughout the NYY series and the Boston series. I'm going to continue through 5/15. Their first interleague series starting 5/17 seems like a good place to wrap up this idea.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Good job Rhino. I thought the juice would nix it.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    rhino very nice gl, tended to agree with Ron
    edited May 2013
    I'm wrapping up this idea 2 days early with today's game. Final tally is 29-10, +13.62 units.

Last week the lines were routinely -200, this week they are around -300. Sentiment (which I often find important) has been against Houston on every game, and the linesmakers are fed up with losing so much on this team.

Sentiment remains strongly against Houston, and I intend to bet Houston in each game of their upcoming series with Pittsburgh.
    edited May 2013
    Great Job, Books acted very slowly seemed I over estimated them. Should have took the train ride with ya.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    well done. glad you didn't let the heavy chalk scare you in the early going. this team is really, really bad