Betting Talk

Are these from Ann Arbor?

GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Sports Betting
Just continues to be another horribly refed game. Louisville not getting any calls to what looks to me like blocks in the arm when they shoot. Not being a homer, just calling it like I see it.

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2013
    GooseSTL wrote: »
    Just continues to be another horribly refed game. Louisville not getting any calls to what looks to me like blocks in the arm when they shoot. Not being a homer, just calling it like I see it.

Did you miss the rake on McGarry's arm called a travel, or when they undercut him in the air, or the goaltend against Hardaway early on? Just calling it as I see it. They have been bad both ways.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I am just curious why a mich fan was holding up a sign "Shock the World"???
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    StevieY wrote: »
    Did you miss the rake on McGarry's arm called a travel, or when they undercut him in the air, or the goaltend against Hardaway early on? Just calling it as I see it. They have been bad both ways.

No, I've just seen the game since around the 10 minute mark. I guess it's the overall throughout the tourney. Been awful.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    I am just curious why a mich fan was holding up a sign "Shock the World"???

Lets be honest they haven't really tasted too much success recently.
    edited April 2013
    buckeyes wrote: »
    Lets be honest they haven't really tasted too much success recently.

true but they aren' the shockers here and were one of the higher caliber teams all year. just a poor choice of signs and confusing.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    It was the Fab Five's slogan during their tourney run their Freshman season.
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    true but they aren' the shockers here and were one of the higher caliber teams all year. just a poor choice of signs and confusing.

I think it has more to do with what Muhammad Ali told the Fab Five when they were playing on their way to the championship games back then. Of course we are ten years later.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Refs have basically sucked both ways. The game is being played at such a fast pace these older refs can't keep up. Biggest blown call was the goaltending early on Louisville as the ball had clearly come off the backboard before being rejected. Anyone in the upper deck could see it but the three blind stripes didn't. GREAT GAME just too bad the whistles aren't keeping up. Just hope they do not screw up the outcome!
    edited April 2013
    It was the Fab Five's slogan during their tourney run their Freshman season.

aaah. yes tribe you are correct. I should've thought a little deeper. should be a fantatic 2H.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    mltn1010 wrote: »
    I think it has more to do with what Muhammad Ali told the Fab Five when they were playing on their way to the championship games back then. Of course we are ten years later.

I wish it was only 10 since!
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2013
    U see how the rest of the Fab 5 are there but no CWeb... wtf is he thinking ?
    edited April 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    U see how the rest of the Fab 5 are there but no CWeb... wtf is he thinking ?

Webber is there. They showed him before the game started.
    edited April 2013
    Webber is there. They showed him before the game started.

Oh cool, I missed that. I just thought it would be nice for Hardaway, as he has been wearing a "Free the Fab 5" shirt for the past 3 years.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Honestly i think its been called fair for both teams. Few missed calls but fair both ways.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Hancock should have 4 fouls, that was a big mistake by the ref.
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree.......missed calls......but they are letting them play
    edited April 2013
    what a fabulous game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited April 2013
    Pettimore wrote: »
    I agree.......missed calls......but they are letting them play

Letting them play? Tell Burke after the clean block.
    edited April 2013
    bad call there on burke for sure. gotta love the energy on both ends by both squads.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    One of the best blocks you'll ever see, another terrible call
  • Clark GriswoldClark Griswold Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    kane wrote: »
    One of the best blocks you'll ever see, another terrible call

Refs have been scary bad...
  • OrlandoMagOrlandoMag Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Dreadful officiating and becoming a factor in crunch time.
    edited April 2013
    okay fellas, it hasn't been that bad one way or another. this game is going so damn fast that there are going to be bad and good calls both ways which is happening. the call on burke was horrible but that doesn't make it leveraged either way. mich in double bonus right I believe.
    edited April 2013
    Letting them play? Tell Burke after the clean block.

So one bad call justifies poor calls for the whole game? I have Mich and I think you guys are dead wrong. Calls have been equal and you know mich will get some late to keep it close.
    edited April 2013
    cpech56 wrote: »
    So one bad call justifies poor calls for the whole game? I have Mich and I think you guys are dead wrong. Calls have been equal and you know mich will get some late to keep it close.

I never said they haven't been equal. Read the entire thread before you comment. Bad both ways is what I said. My comment about the Burke block was on letting them play. inconsistently bad.
    edited April 2013
    great D by smith there on burke and another foul called. bad call.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Ok, now they are horrible both ways that I've seen the whole 2nd half so far.

Went vs. the grain and took over 2nd half, so that came through. Need Louisville to win outright to win my 22 Pool. Gonna be a great finish.
  • zmanchitownzmanchitown Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Defense on both sides has been worse than the calls
    edited April 2013
    chalk it up as a hell of a final in my book. much better stuff than most any game of the tourney. both teams worthy and fought a true battle. came down to ville just making more shots/plays in the 2h.
    edited April 2013
    I never said they haven't been equal. Read the entire thread before you comment. Bad both ways is what I said. My comment about the Burke block was on letting them play. inconsistently bad.

Clearly read the whole thread as ive commented twice. Agree though it was equally bad.