Betting Talk

E8 osu -4'/Wichita +4'

2»

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    Thx for the info but your location line etc rather key components that we are missing.

I was just going to comment type of client, limits, everyone knows Ohio St so depending on other factors I agree with Jala it could be relevant but personally I don't think it is. feedback is always welcomed.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Thx for the info but your location line etc rather key components that we are missing.

My location is listed under my name. My line was the same as you had earlier 4 1/2, that is why I chimed in.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I was just going to comment type of client, limits, everyone knows Ohio St so depending on other factors I agree with Jala it could be relevant but personally I don't think it is. feedback is always welcomed.

type of client......squares

limits.... 1 unit-1.5 units
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone seen a Wichita play anywhere out there today? I sure haven't seen anyone backing them..........
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Not to say it isn't the right side, but OSU is NOT the sharp side here. Reverse line movement knocks a very public team (and a 2 seed vs. a 9) down to a "too-good-to-be-true" number. Something doesn't compute, here. I had this line at OSU -6 and felt it was generous to OSU. Numbers and the eye test say OSU at -4/4' is a gift. But getting gifts this time of year just doesn't happen. I could very easily be wrong, but I'll be playing the over (already played) and looking for a halftime position to take.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    Upsilonman wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a Wichita play anywhere out there today? I sure haven't seen anyone backing them..........

Dr bobert 3* wichita
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    the more I think about it the more I like wichita, they are a huge team that can really rebound the ball and that wears down an opponent to me ohio state is a perimeter team that lives by the jump shot (and defense!). I am big on the over and taking a small position at 4.5
    edited March 2013
    babaoriley wrote: »
    Not to say it isn't the right side, but OSU is NOT the sharp side here. Reverse line movement knocks a very public team (and a 2 seed vs. a 9) down to a "too-good-to-be-true" number. Something doesn't compute, here. I had this line at OSU -6 and felt it was generous to OSU. Numbers and the eye test say OSU at -4/4' is a gift. But getting gifts this time of year just doesn't happen. I could very easily be wrong, but I'll be playing the over (already played) and looking for a halftime position to take.

What do you mean by "reverse line movement"? Opened 4', sits at 4' now.
    edited March 2013
    eug44 wrote: »
    the more I think about it the more I like wichita, they are a huge team that can really rebound the ball and that wears down an opponent to me ohio state is a perimeter team that lives by the jump shot (and defense!). I am big on the over and taking a small position at 4.5

I agree with the over 129 and, as you said, the more I think about it the more I like Wich. St getting the 4'. Hoping some late money will get it up to 5. I see the squarest book in the world is on 5 but don't use that place as an out anymore. I'll be on Wich St. one way or another, though I'll be small on the side as well...
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    $$ coming on the bucks. if you like the 4' then you should grab the 5.
    edited March 2013
    What do you mean by "reverse line movement"? Opened 4', sits at 4' now.

Got bet down to 4 before getting bet back to 4.5. At BM at 12:48 CST it was 4. Not sure how long that number held.
    edited March 2013
    Got bet down to 4 before getting bet back to 4.5. At BM at 12:48 CST it was 4. Not sure how long that number held.

Full disclosure: I jumped on OSU -4 (at 12:48CST) without thinking too much about it. The number just looked good. I then bought that back after thinking about it and seeing the +5 a few minutes ago. I think it's safe to say that OSU is not the sharp side in this one, regardless of the RLM or lack thereof.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    baba, what is your main reasoning for thinking the bucks is not the sharp said and if they aren't then does that make the shockers the 'sharp' side?
    edited March 2013
    Full disclosure: I jumped on OSU -4 (at 12:48CST) without thinking too much about it. The number just looked good. I then bought that back after thinking about it and seeing the +5 a few minutes ago. I think it's safe to say that OSU is not the sharp side in this one, regardless of the RLM or lack thereof.

I think it's safe to say that you covered all of your bases there lol I'm totally confused now but that's easily done I guess
  • 6pounder6pounder Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    eug44 wrote: »

They are a very good rebounding team but I wouldn't call them
    A huge team.
    Fwiw and I know it really isn't worth much at this time, I think both of Ohio states previous two opponents are better teams than Wichita.
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Jala,

Since 4 isn't coming, you playing or passing?
    edited March 2013
    6pounder wrote: »
    They are a very good rebounding team but I wouldn't call them
    A huge team.
    Fwiw and I know it really isn't worth much at this time, I think both of Ohio states previous two opponents are better teams than Wichita.

you can also make an argument that Ohio State should have lost to both of those teams...two buzzer beaters
    edited March 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    baba, what is your main reasoning for thinking the bucks is not the sharp said and if they aren't then does that make the shockers the 'sharp' side?

Obviously there doesn't have to be a "sharp" side as many games are just complete passes and I'm using "sharp" kinda loosely here. I'm just saying that OSU is the public side (without looking at any of the various betting %s that are available) and the 4' got bet down to 4 despite what I'd assume to be a heavy OSU bias in terms of action (possibly a false assumption, but one I feel comfortable making based on this thread, the seed difference, and the perceived difference in class between the Big 10 and the MVC). It also got bet down to 4' when it hit 5, but who knows.
    edited March 2013
    I think it's safe to say that you covered all of your bases there lol I'm totally confused now but that's easily done I guess

Fair enough, Jala. I actually confused myself as I bet that number after coming home from an easter egg hunt that featured plenty of mimosas and Bloody Mary's... I didn't even realize I had a position in that game (other than the Over) until I checked my bet log... Was glad to luck into the opportunity to buy myself out of it.
    edited March 2013
    any thoughts on the 2nd half...wichita is +6.5
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    osu-7 second half
  • 6pounder6pounder Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I think Ohio state might try to make this more of a full court game in half 2. I lean over second half.
    edited March 2013
    eug - I threw a half-unit on an OSU -7 (-105) and Over 70.5 parlay. Same flawed reasoning I took the over in Marquette/Cuse though: figuring OSU gets this down to a FT parade and can't possibly shoot this poorly for another half...
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Shock the world!
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I use a local so halftime line not available, but I would love Ohio State -7. Hope Wichita State wins the game.
    edited March 2013
    baba....i think if you take Ohio State 2nd half you almost have to parlay it with the over but boy are they struggling tonight, like i said you live by the jump shot you die by the jump shot and there is no way they are going to out rebound this team. I am going to fade and double down on wichita!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Upsilonman wrote: »
    Jala,

Since 4 isn't coming, you playing or passing?

I wish -4 wasn't there but it was last night and today for short periods O i wish it wasn't but I would have played it anyway but for slightly less. I hope the -4.5 chased some of you guys. Always looking out for my buds.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Under 32 is the play here imo.

CLV is fun.