Betting Talk

if 5dimes lowers your limits...

stevebodnarstevebodnar Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Sports Betting
is there any chance of talking to someone to get that lifted?

thanx in advance

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2013
    I hate speaking in absolutes, but in this case, no. In fact, chances are they will continue to get lower.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Left those boys several years ago after getting limits lowed, didn't really beat them for much, they just did not like getting beat with steam moves.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Use the chat function

ask for tony

take a screen shot of the conversation

post it here
  • stevebodnarstevebodnar Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    my cousin said you can talk to the owner, tony but he is a real ass
    anyone have pull there?
    i have another book now - but their options are just too good
    edited March 2013
    lol my cousin said to email him the transcript as it will prob be a funny one
    edited March 2013
    ivan on live chat said he is not in now - will be 2moro
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    ivan on live chat said he is not in now - will be 2moro

Yes Tony is a very reasonable person who always has the players best interests in mind. Once you explain to him that you only have an edge in one sport or that you just got on a hot streak I am sure he will raise your reduced juice limits back to the max for all sports.

That is how I have seen him deal with these situations before.
  • mrwanker2umrwanker2u Member
    edited March 2013
    is there any chance of talking to someone to get that lifted?

thanx in advance

I'm jealous of anyone who gets limits reduced. My guy always wants to raise my limits. I don't think that is a good indicator
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I asked Tony for higher limits and to have my reduced juice limits put back to $500.

He pulled up my account and said no and to not ask again.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    My reduced limits were lowered to $100 some time ago. Same deal - I called and said I'd like to speak with Tony about getting my old reduced vig limits back. Wouldn't speak with me but about a week later they were raised to 250 with a ridiculously long delay and a longer wait on re-bets. He also profiled my account as internet only. The clerks won't even speak with me.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    holy shit, mine have been $50 for years on reduced juice...i'm going back and saying i want $100, same as bumpo

but the teachable moment here is we consider Pinnacle the sharpest book because of the better lines and much, much higher limits which suggests that people in the know play at Pinny and their opinion carries more weight than my max reduced juice bet on florida gulf coast.
    edited March 2013
    holy shit, mine have been $50 for years on reduced juice...i'm going back and saying i want $100, same as bumpo

Mine were $50 for a long time... then they were lowered even further.
  • coolmilcoolmil Member
    edited March 2013
    My guess is that anyone having the limits reduced must know what they are doing. Moving to LV seems like best option.
    edited March 2013
    coolmil wrote: »
    My guess is that anyone having the limits reduced must know what they are doing. Moving to LV seems like best option.

I'm by no means an expert on betting in LV, but aside from having no desire to move away from the house/area/family I love, my impression is that betting in LV isn't any better when it comes to betting the stuff that will get your limits cut at shops like 5Dimes (steam for example).
    edited March 2013
    agreed goats - far ways from vegas here
    now if nj and fatass christie wakes up then we might be in business
    does anyone, by chance have pull with this tony guy?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited March 2013
    agreed goats - far ways from vegas here
    now if nj and fatass christie wakes up then we might be in business
    does anyone, by chance have pull with this tony guy?

Christie is on our side here, not sure what criticism he deserves.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    5dimes, heritage, and others are recreational books and we know that going in and when people bet added games or steam for Max or close to it and are beating the books are you really surprised they're cutting your limits. They don't want that type of play max bets all day long on the same side why would they want that. If I owned or you owned that business you would do the same thing.

It's a different world then 10 years ago they call it gaming now not gambling. don't get those two confused.
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    5dimes, heritage, and others are recreational books and we know that going in and when people bet added games or steam for Max or close to it and are beating the books are you really surprised they're cutting your limits. They don't want that type of play max bets all day long on the same side why would they want that. If I owned or you owned that business you would do the same thing.

It's a different world then 10 years ago they call it gaming now not gambling. don't get those two confused.

Old Head much knowledge, loved the answer.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    If I owned or you owned that business you would do the same thing.

Maybe? Sure as hell you or I wouldn't be a rude wannabe telephone tough guy that insults players and portrays himself as "God". Also, threatened to send people to a customer's door for a questionable overpayment. He'll get his comeuppance................
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I know this has nothing to do with the amount of time you've been with 5 dimes, but I was wondering how long you guys had been with them before they started lowering limits? Is it for all bets, or just reduced vig lines? Sorry to ask all of these questions, but I just lost a local who dealt -105 lines and the rest of my outs are -110, so I have been searching for baseball season. Is there another book like Matchbook available to U.S. customers?
    edited March 2013
    *****: Hi Tony,how are you?
    Tony: how can I help you today?
    *****: I was hoping to talk with you regarding my limits as i do enjoy 5dimes and their options.
    *****: Would it be possible to reconsider this decision?
    Tony: no, that decision is final
    Tony: usually i allow people to get 30k on the positive side before we lower, i allowed you you to get to 42
    *****: is there a way to just allow a $500 max as $10 is just a little crazy
    Tony: no
    *****: Well is there anything I can do to get my limits back up? referraLS?
    Tony: no we dont need them
    Tony: lose about 15k here
    *****: So basically i am done at 5dimes
    Tony: that is up to you, now isnt it ?
    *****: Well, sir I dont think it is up to me as $10 is just pointless
    Tony: that is up to you
    *****: ok, well bottomline is my limits will be $10
    Tony: yes
    *****: ok, sir have a great day
    Tony: you as well
    edited March 2013
    wait, it okay that i posted this here?
    dont want to get into trouble?
    plz remove if a problem
    edited March 2013
    is it okay***
  • DegenGamblerDegenGambler Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Is it still possible to wager with pinnacle? I've tried a few times and have been denied.
    edited March 2013
    Is it still possible to wager with pinnacle? I've tried a few times and have been denied.

That question isn't going to be answered on an open forum think of what your asking.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2013

Considering all the options 5dimes has it is hard to say they are a rec book.

They will cut your reduced juice limits quickly for sure but not full juice on major sports.

They may not have bookmakers limits but they are nothing like Heritage.
    edited March 2013
    Getting cut to $10 after winning 30k if that's not a rec book I don't know what is.

But I like to get back to the conversation with Tony where he say's usually i allow people to get 30k on the positive side before we lower, i allowed you you to get to 42
    *****: is there a way to just allow a $500 max as $10 is just a little crazy

Is that lifetime or a week or a month what's the time limit for winning 30k before you get cut. what he's letting is 30k walk out the door because I don't know anybody that can win 30k and then bet $10 so he's telling you take it easy and goodbye we know that he's being cute with No Balls.

As a business as I said in the past your there to make money. But 30k is just little low "Just a little bit" Put him on delay, cut his limits to say $500/1k give him a direct number to one of your main guys and take steam games off and see what happens do something but don't chase him. He sounds like a scare bookmaker that cuts his loss's at 30k.

I've been in the gambling business all my life and to back off anyone for sports, BJ or whatever for being unprofitable is embarrassing.There's other ways to do things like a business man and have a shot at getting your money back.
    edited March 2013
    kass101 wrote: »
    They will cut your reduced juice limits quickly for sure but not full juice on major sports.

Are you saying they won't cut your full juice major sport limits quickly or they won't cut them at all? They most definitely can and will cut them drastically at some point.

BTW, wasn't trying to be argumentative, just wanted to clearly understand what you meant.

Also, to be clear, I have no problem with 5Dimes whatsoever, despite my limits having dwindled over the years. Sure I wish they had a higher floor for cutting limits (say $500), but I can't condemn them for choosing to run their business how they see fit. I still consider them to be one of the best options for smaller bettors (and anyone really until your limits get cut at which point they become less useful).
  • DegenGamblerDegenGambler Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Old timer can I send you an email?
    edited March 2013
    goats,

you or anyone have a connection there or is tony the bottom line

first time i ever asked/had to talk to him