Betting Talk

Bookie did NOT love the SF by 4 score

old schoolold school Banned
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
Look at the lines: anyone who shopped at all got a win. Timing and shopping are way more important than handicapping. I just heard some fool state: "the books must have loved the final score, right on the money". In this case, the money went FROM the books to the bettors. But, yes, all that money will end up with the books.

Comments

• BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2013
    The books are already crying via different outlets, claiming they got murdered today because of the 4 and that it kept all parlays and teasers going. They bitch all the time. Yet they make millions. comical.
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    they got it back late with Balt.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    old school wrote: »
    Look at the lines: anyone who shopped at all got a win. Timing and shopping are way more important than handicapping. I just heard some fool state: "the books must have loved the final score, right on the money". In this case, the money went FROM the books to the bettors. But, yes, all that money will end up with the books.

I would argue that handicapping is important as well.
  • pokpok1616pokpok1616 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't understand how the books got it back late with Baltimore when all week, the line kept moving down from 10 to 7.5, with money going all to ravens side, granting there was enough money that went with patriots to move te line back to 8 before gametime. Overall, I think the books for once, took it on the chin in the nfl this weekend.
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    didn't they get hit on the totals also with the #' sliding up in atl and down in baltimore?
  • old schoolold school Banned
    edited January 2013
    billymac wrote: »
    they got it back late with Balt.

Our locals had 70% of their action on Balt. plus Balt on ML. A disaster.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    pokpok1616 wrote: »
    I don't understand how the books got it back late with Baltimore when all week, the line kept moving down from 10 to 7.5, with money going all to ravens side, granting there was enough money that went with patriots to move te line back to 8 before gametime. Overall, I think the books for once, took it on the chin in the nfl this weekend.

The books got a chunk of money back from the losing NE teasers