Betting Talk

Nascar Fantasy question

BiggTBiggT Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
My son in law runs a Nascar Fantasy Contest where you can pick any driver 2 times and in the All Star race you can pick anyone. So your most likely to select the top 18 drivers and pick them 2 times, but where?? My question is, what drivers do real well at certain races? Is there a site that has this? Thanks for any info

Comments

• peacemakerpeacemaker Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    yahoo.com has an easy drop down under their "Stats" link that shows results for YTD, prior year, last 5 years and last 10 years. It gives # of starts, # of wins, # of Top 5's and 10's and # of DNF's. It also has average qualifying spot and average finish. You can also check jayski.com for test results if you want to dig a little deeper.

Good luck with it...
  • themartythemarty Senior Member
    edited January 2013
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2013
    BiggT wrote: »
    My question is, what drivers do real well at certain races? Is there a site that has this? Thanks for any info

From my days of doing fantasy nascar (though I don't any more), I can tell you that there are certainly guys that do better at certain tracks or types of tracks. A short track race can be very different from a speedway, and the road courses are even more different. Someone else would have to tell you who is good at what, but it's sorta like golf where different style courses suit different guys.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    From my days of doing fantasy nascar (though I don't any more), I can tell you that there are certainly guys that do better at certain tracks or types of tracks. A short track race can be very different from a speedway, and the road courses are even more different. Someone else would have to tell you who is good at what, but it's sorta like golf where different style courses suit different guys.

You follow NASCAR??? I now seriously doubt that you're actually from the northeast.
    edited January 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    You follow NASCAR??? I now seriously doubt that you're actually from the northeast.

Dude, I ran a Fantasy XFL League (completely serious). I'll do fantasy anything (which reminds me, I need to get thinking about my fantasy horse racing card tomorrow, also completely serious). And since I stopped fantasy NASCAR a few years ago, you can count on one hand the number of races that I've watched. :)
    edited January 2013
    Dude, I ran a Fantasy XFL League (completely serious). I'll do fantasy anything (which reminds me, I need to get thinking about my fantasy horse racing card tomorrow, also completely serious). And since I stopped fantasy NASCAR a few years ago, you can count on one hand the number of races that I've watched. :)

You can only count the number of races I've watched on one hand if you include a closed fist or the thumb/forefinger "zero" symbol. I'll have to give some thought as to whether being a fantasy geek gets you a pass.
    edited January 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    I'll have to give some thought as to whether being a fantasy geek gets you a pass.

It never did with my wife (when she complained every time she walked into the room as I was watching NASCAR).

And you must be a fish out of water down there.
  • bobbyputnambobbyputnam Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    It never did with my wife (when she complained every time she walked into the room as I was watching NASCAR).

And you must be a fish out of water down there.

Depends on what part of Florida Goats resides, once you pass Gainesville you're back in Michigan.
  • bobbyputnambobbyputnam Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    My advice as far as Nascar fantasy goes this year is that past results may not fall into play since they have once again redesigned the car.
    edited January 2013
    Depends on what part of Florida Goats resides, once you pass Gainesville you're back in Michigan.

Tommy and I continued our conversation backchannel to avoid further hijacking this thread and that's more or less what we discussed. :)

Although despite living significantly south of Gainesville, I still can't get away from those damn Gator fans.

In short, Florida is a real interesting state where the demographics vary GREATLY from one area to the next. It's got its more southern parts (both rural and just older towns), but plenty of areas populated by tons of transplants and tourists as well.

As a native of the Philly burbs, I'm not exactly alone. My favorite hoagie shop is owned by a family from Pittsburgh whose kids went to PSU and they import their meats from the northeast, we had a local cheesesteak place owned by a Temple graduate (although it closed unfortunately), my favorite pizza place is owned by a family from New York who imports their hoagie rolls from Amoroso's (it's a famous Philly company), and the guy who hosts trivia at an Irish pub I frequent is a Philly native... so while I'm certainly out of place at times, I'm far from alone down here.