Betting Talk

Godaddy.com Bowl..........

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
Heading out early in the morning for Mobile, so posting now, as I dont think the line is going to get any better. I made a wager on Kent +5 when Malzahn left ASU, hoping for more of a drop than this, so having to play even more on this to come out ahead. If ASU wins by 4, you guys will see me running naked across the field as soon as the game ends.

Ark St -3.5 2.5 Units

On the surface it looks like a similiar situation to last years game, with ASU facing another coaching change. This one is completly different however. Last year Hugh Freeze gutted the coaching staff, leaving ASU with grad asst's and volunteer coaches to try and gameplan. This yr every asst coach on staff is still with the team. Last year was also the first bowl apperance for any of the Red Wolf players, and there was a sense of just being happy to be there. This yr they are on a mission to avenge last years defeat, and finish the season strong. Im hoping the long layoff wont effect the roll they were on at seasons end. This team improved tremendously from week 1 to the last game against Middle Tn, in whch they played a near perfect game. Kent is a very solid team, but doesnt have the balance that ASU has. They have a very strong 1-2 punch at RB, but do not have a very strong passing game. The game could come down to 2 areas, special teams and TO's. Kent has phenomenal TO ration, and is 2nd in the nation in interceptions, but is only 77th in total defense. If they dont force TO's, they cant win this game. ASU has been fantastic at protecting the football in their current 7 game win streak. QB Ryan Aplin has a TD/Int ratio of 23/4, and can also beat you with his legs. Outside of having a pretty good FG kicker, ASU has been awful on special teams. They have one of the worst net punting averages in the country, and Kent counters with one of the most electric kick returners in the country in Archer, who earned AA honors this year. ASU will try and keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Kent hasnt been to a bowl game in 40 yrs, and I have to think they will be a little like ASU last year, just happy to be there. I think ASU wins this one by DD's, unless they get careless with the football.

Comments

• stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    gl to u own that hafe a safe trip.
  • nedpnedp Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Have Fun.... I'll be watchin from the Cheap Seats when You run on the Field....LMAO

I'll be offshore but watching... I hope... If the Rig don't sink and I'm not in my Suit...

I'm with You on the Side, cause one of my Buds, a Frosh K from Fay says it's been a good month of practice...FYI

don't spend the night in Montgomery....

Nedp
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Have a great time Sunbelter! Get drunk and drink one in the name of beefcake.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    the first and last time in my entire life i will be hoping to see another man naked
  • TnbreakersTnbreakers Member
    edited January 2013
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Heading out early in the morning for Mobile, so posting now, as I dont think the line is going to get any better. I made a wager on Kent +5 when Malzahn left ASU, hoping for more of a drop than this, so having to play even more on this to come out ahead. If ASU wins by 4, you guys will see me running naked across the field as soon as the game ends.

Ark St -3.5 2.5 Units

On the surface it looks like a similiar situation to last years game, with ASU facing another coaching change. This one is completly different however. Last year Hugh Freeze gutted the coaching staff, leaving ASU with grad asst's and volunteer coaches to try and gameplan. This yr every asst coach on staff is still with the team. Last year was also the first bowl apperance for any of the Red Wolf players, and there was a sense of just being happy to be there. This yr they are on a mission to avenge last years defeat, and finish the season strong. Im hoping the long layoff wont effect the roll they were on at seasons end. This team improved tremendously from week 1 to the last game against Middle Tn, in whch they played a near perfect game. Kent is a very solid team, but doesnt have the balance that ASU has. They have a very strong 1-2 punch at RB, but do not have a very strong passing game. The game could come down to 2 areas, special teams and TO's. Kent has phenomenal TO ration, and is 2nd in the nation in interceptions, but is only 77th in total defense. If they dont force TO's, they cant win this game. ASU has been fantastic at protecting the football in their current 7 game win streak. QB Ryan Aplin has a TD/Int ratio of 23/4, and can also beat you with his legs. Outside of having a pretty good FG kicker, ASU has been awful on special teams. They have one of the worst net punting averages in the country, and Kent counters with one of the most electric kick returners in the country in Archer, who earned AA honors this year. ASU will try and keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Kent hasnt been to a bowl game in 40 yrs, and I have to think they will be a little like ASU last year, just happy to be there. I think ASU wins this one by DD's, unless they get careless with the football.

I love this play! Going large!!!! Do you like as well! Seen Ark St Go crazy this year! Thinking about a dime!!!! What are your thought!
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. Still pumped up enough from the basketball game to make the 8 hour trip tonight I think,haha. Tn, can't really say if you should bet that much or not, depends on how big of a player you are.
    edited January 2013
    Guess I should have waited.

Adding:

1 unit on ASU at -2.5
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    thats great but that line wasnt available at bm or pinny....am with you on this but cant post it until it becomes avail ,

i hope i can get it at 2.5
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    So if I. Got this right, belter got 3.5 units on ark st and also has a play on kent st. ( unit size not mentioned) and guys want to hit ark st. Hard because of belters play. I'm thinking he don't like this play as much as you guys do. Don't even know net units wagered on ark st. Gl
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    BigJoey wrote: »
    So if I. Got this right, belter got 3.5 units on ark st and also has a play on kent st. ( unit size not mentioned) and guys want to hit ark st. Hard because of belters play. I'm thinking he don't like this play as much as you guys do. Don't even know net units wagered on ark st. Gl

i guess that is right but he seems to like the ark st. side now that the coaching stuff has shaken out
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    BigJoey wrote: »
    ... and also has a play on kent st. Gl

Wha??
    edited January 2013
    I just spent an hour in the press box talking sports gambling with Danny Sheridan, how freaking cool is that?
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    SunBelter wrote: »
    I just spent an hour in the press box talking sports gambling with Danny Sheridan, how freaking cool is that?

That's bad ass! So are we still feeling strong about Ark State?
    edited January 2013
    Dubbs wrote: »
    That's bad ass! So are we still feeling strong about Ark State?

I still like ASU alot. Fwiw, Danny likes ASU also, but didn't release it to his clients
  • redrum14redrum14 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    oh god!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Does arky state know the game started?
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    they do not. Can Sunbelter play QB?
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Now I need 4 more TD's by Ark. St to cover my over TT 33.5. Over at the half is history. Hopefully their O will settle down and run up a lot of points in 2H!
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    TD #2 before the half...yes..
  • creamcream Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh shit, naked man running on the field!!! Hahaha!!!
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2013
    go ahead and run belter. I got bail $$$$. I got your back! Streak baby streak.
  • parlaykid33parlaykid33 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You naked man you !!!!!!
  • Petey PabloPetey Pablo Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    nice call $$$
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow wasn't the game that anyone was expecting that's for sure... but what the hell a cover is a cover. Nice call !!
    edited January 2013
    Thanks guys, my BP was through the roof on those last few drives. Never expected a defensive battle. Biggest payday of my life, even if Danny did chastise me for making a middle play. He was one of the nicest guys I have ever met.
  • nucoffenucoffe Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Hey belter I didn't see you streaking across the field when you hit your middle!!!
    edited January 2013
    nucoffe wrote: »
    Hey belter I didn't see you streaking across the field when you hit your middle!!!

It was about 35 degrees, I was worried about "shrinkage", to quote George Kastanza.
  • nucoffenucoffe Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Excuses!!!
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Great job SB........... I'm glad you cashed.
    I thought Danny sold his service some years ago
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Arkansas St beat Middle Tennessee St
    Middle Tennessee St beat Georgia Tech
    Georgia Tech beat USC
    USC beat Syracuse
    Syracuse beat Louisville
    Louisville beat Florida
    Florida beat Texas A&M
    Texas A&M beat Alabama

Therefore, Arkansas St > Alabama! Co-National Champs!!!???