Betting Talk

Sharing the Love

meowmix10meowmix10 Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Sports Betting
Hello All,

I joined this forum because I've been on a crazy streak, and I want to share my plays with you all in hopes of increasing everyones bankroll over the holidays! I have been betting mostly college football with some nba plays mixed in.

I missed a 9 team NFL parlay $180 to win 20k that came down to Dallas last week, just sickening.(here's a pic so you know I'm not just some troll(http://imgur.com/izuEe) Anyways, I don't claim to be any sort of handicapper, I honestly just go off gut feeling with a bit of research, hard to explain, maybe some of you can relate. I had a streak like this back in '10 where I turned $50 into 12k.

In return for my plays I'm looking for some advice on how to best manage my bankroll, I am relatively new to sports betting and bankroll management is my biggest struggle and concern.

So the plays for today...

Rutgers +2

minn vs Texas tech - Under 55

Best of luck,

A

Comments

• turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    this should be interesting, good luck with your picks
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Welcome. Please read the record keeping guidelines stickied at the top of the forum (if you plan to keep a record) as well as the posting rules.

I'm sure you meant no harm, but we're not really interested in and don't allow records to be quoted for picks not posted here so I edited your thread title. Anyone can claim an undocumented record. Similarly, that's great if you bet Rutgers +2 earlier, but that line is long gone, so sharing it now is not as helpful as sharing it when others could actually bet it if they wanted to (not that anyone should be following the picks of someone with no record who goes by "gut feeling").

Apologies if any of that came off harshly, but this is a more serious forum than most others out there, just doing my best to give you a crash course.

As far as money management goes, google "Kelly Criterion" for a thorough explanation of how one should size their bets. For a shorter answer, keep your bets to roughly 1% of your BR and don't bet long shot parlays unless you're just playing them for entertainment value.
  • meowmix10meowmix10 Junior Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks turk, it's been a fun ride
    edited December 2012
    Thanks goat for the heads up. I completely agree by the gut feeling thing lol, just want to keep things honest. Appreciate the info on kelly criterion... looking forward to being a part of this community.
    edited December 2012
    meowmix10 wrote: »
    just want to keep things honest.

While not stated anywhere in the site's rules or guidelines, honesty is also appreciated. :) Best of luck!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Apologies if any of that came off harshly, No that was fine the kids changing his pants now. I love when you Apologize and say If in the same sentence. F***ing Bowl season.

Don't bother responding I'm not coming back to this thread
  • redrum14redrum14 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    you and every other sucker is on rutgers~
    edited December 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Apologies if any of that came off harshly, No that was fine the kids changing his pants now. I love when you Apologize and say If in the same sentence. F***ing Bowl season.

Don't bother responding I'm not coming back to this thread

This is a forum meant for discussion, not monologues, so please don't tell me or anyone else not to respond to your posts.

Whether you choose to respond to this response or not is your prerogative, but fwiw, I'm a bit baffled by your post. Different posters react differently to strongly worded comments and/or constructive criticism, which is why I add stuff like that. If you'd like to clarify what you meant, feel free. I see nothing wrong with my post to the OP and clearly neither did he.
    edited December 2012
    Take it easy it's the holidays lighten up yes that's right I'm telling you lighten up it's sad when somebody can have a laugh or two by all means lets not laugh that's against the rules. almost Everyone is having a bad week. All you had to do was say please read the rules about posting picks and then after that if he doesn't get it then you could explain in a more professional tone. He may have not understood your reply but I did.

Don't bother responding I'm not coming back to this thread, That's was a joke.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Goats wrote: »
    This is a forum meant for discussion, not monologues...
    , unless of course you're Johnny Carson :) (figured Goats and I are among a few on this board that could appreciate that comment)
    edited December 2012
    TheReb wrote: »
    , unless of course you're Johnny Carson :) (figured Goats and I are among a few on this board that could appreciate that comment)

Holy crap, please tell me I'm not supposed to appreciate it b/c you think I'm old enough to have watched Carson. :surprised:
    edited December 2012
    Take it easy it's the holidays lighten up yes that's right I'm telling you lighten up it's sad when somebody can have a laugh or two by all means lets not laugh that's against the rules. almost Everyone is having a bad week. All you had to do was say please read the rules about posting picks and then after that if he doesn't get it then you could explain in a more professional tone. He may have not understood your reply but I did.

Don't bother responding I'm not coming back to this thread, That's was a joke.

Sorry, I honestly just didn't understand your criticism of my post and obviously missed that the last line was a joke (just an unavoidable byproduct of internet forum communication, sometimes tone will be misconstrued).

FWIW, I'm not having a bad week and I didn't realize "almost everyone" was. I haven't bet hardly anything since CBK got slow for the holidays. Ironically, I was away from home with relatives enjoying the holidays. I'm not in a bad mood, sorry if it came off that way.
    edited December 2012
    We have no problem Goats and I understand your position and you do a great job. I know I can speak for most when I say we appreciate it and we know it's not easy at times. Have a healthy, happy and safe New year for you and your love ones. We move on.
    edited December 2012
    We have no problem Goats and I understand your position and you do a great job. I know I can speak for most when I say we appreciate it and we know it's not easy at times. Have a healthy, happy and safe New year for you and your love ones. We move on.

Same to you and yours.

Apologies for any misunderstanding and to meowmix for hijacking this thread.

meowmix, by all means, feel free to start a new thread for the rest of your picks.

P.S. Still waiting to hear what TheReb meant by his Carson comment. :)
    edited December 2012
    P.S. Still waiting to hear what TheReb meant by his Carson comment. Ummmm, no comment...taking the 5th on that one LOL!
    edited December 2012
    TheReb wrote: »
    P.S. Still waiting to hear what TheReb meant by his Carson comment. Ummmm, no comment...taking the 5th on that one LOL!

edited December 2012
    Goats wrote: »

Maybe my bad, it's only been about 20yrs. (since he was on the tonight show) thought you were older, shit maybe it just feels like you been on the boards for that long...sorry didn't mean for you to take it to heart...guess I'm the only old fart on here...might be the goat too (they are associated with a certain term you know ;-)
    edited December 2012
    I wasn't actually upset, just a little surprised. No worries. For the record, I was in high school 20 years ago. :)
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Goats, do you remember Jimmy Durante on the radio??? Curious, I never heard him!!!
    I did see Johnny Carson and Gunsmoke!!!
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2012
    There was a Tonight Show before Jay Leno? I guess you learn something new every day.

;)
    edited December 2012
    There was a tonight show before Carson
    A golfer, I think
    Jack PARR
    edited December 2012
    TommyL wrote: »
    There was a Tonight Show before Jay Leno? I guess you learn something new every day.

;)

You're not old like me I guess.
    edited December 2012
    Haha glad to see my first thread got so much action, albeit for the wrong reasons. Regardless, may the streak continue!
    edited December 2012
    TommyL wrote: »

;)
    LOL, this is how bad it is I still remember Leno when he was a regular guest on David Letterman...and Goats saying he was in high school 20yrs. ago is like my wife's stating she's 29 on her next birthday...before you go off ...JUST KIDDING Goats...ok enough of the hijack, carry on Meow
    edited December 2012
    Meow, thanks for your first post

PS - Goats does have a white beard, just look at the avatar; still a cute animal even if he was in high school for 20 years; 3x prom King
    edited December 2012
    PS - Goats does have a white beard, just look at the avatar; still a cute animal even if he was in high school for 20 years; 3x prom King

I've got a few stray white hairs... but that's due to the stress of gambling for a living, not my age. I'm starting to get a complex here. I even look young for my age for crying out loud!
    edited December 2012
    meowmix10 wrote: »
    Haha glad to see my first thread got so much action, albeit for the wrong reasons. Regardless, may the streak continue!

Again, apologies for hijacking it and please start a new thread for your picks. Clearly it's a bit late to give this one back to you.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited December 2012
    Say it isn't so, you never saw Carson ? Wholly shit ! Please don't tell me you don't know who Richard Pryor is ? I may never respect anything you say ever again !

Before you start Newcombe - I am Joking, making a joke, attempting to be funny. Ha ha laugh laugh
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    No joke, I always pictured goats as an older dude. Figured u were late 40s, early 50s.
    edited December 2012
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Please don't tell me you don't know who Richard Pryor is ?

He's starting for the Raiders Sunday, right?

J/K. I might not have seen Carson host the Tonight Show, but have seen many a Pryor movie. Brewster's Millions, The Toy, and Harlem Nights come to mind without putting much thought into it. His stand-up was pretty classic too.