Betting Talk

Steve Fezzik picks Lions/Falcons game tonight

eug44eug44 Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Sports Betting
Isn't this a bizarre analysis or did I have one too many last night? He sh*ts on the Lions and then ends up picking them. I was going fairly big on the Falcons but don’t want to go against sharp money. Anyone have any thoughts on this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQe3abkFB8&sns=tw

Comments

• redrum14redrum14 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    i think falcons come up flat here! lions win outright!
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I love the Lions. Late season is when home dogs really shine. And while I don't know on which side is the sharp money, I have seen a lot of square money on Atlanta.
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I have seen the Lions play almost every week. They will find away to lose this game with either a key turnover, ill timed penalty or act of god.
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I agree helmut. I am big Lions fan and have been sickened every game. They find a way to lose no matter the lead they have, very much the opposite of last year.
  • jpg30jpg30 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think I've lost more $$ on Lions sides & totals than every other team in the League, combined. Last week's losing Under was the last straw.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Yes, the Lions are all that. That said, they've actually played pretty well at home this year. Big let down spot for Atl and after the embarrassing loss to AZ last week, if the Lions have any pride left at all, they should be focusing on this game with a national tv audience.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I may be wrong on this but it just seems that every major capper has the Lions…dr.bob, fezzik, kelso. I just can’t get myself to pull a trigger on them – they find ways to lose games. I am afraid if I bet them and they are up by 3 with a minute to go in the 4th, Atlanta has the ball it’s 4th down and the Lions commit some sort of a personal foul penalty, I am going to break my TV.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    falcons are the right side
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm on the Lions, and I know I'll have a right side loser. Helmut nailed it, a turnover, penalty, stupid coaching decision, or something that will cause them to not cover, every week it's the same thing with them. A talented team with no discipline or leadership. The Lions have out-yarded their opponents by an avg of 69 yds a game, yet they are only 4-10.
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    "The Lions have out-yarded their opponents by an avg of 69 yds a game, yet they are only 4-10."

Great stat and points to either bad luck or internal issues. The latter is more true.
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Typical Detroit!

Big 45 yd pass play deep into ATL territory

Very next play
    > FUMBLE
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    If you were fading Fezzik this season, you'd be a very happy man. The most overrated handicapper you will ever see.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I am fading him this game!
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    getting interesting... megatron an absolute beast.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Stefan Logan takes a knee at his own 4 yd line after a free kick. Jim Schwartz "That's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen". That play sums up the entire Lions season.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I haven't seen Fezzek in years. He's a lot bigger than he used to be. And he's just as bad at picking nfl games as he ever was. I know he won Hilton twice, but he's a lifetime loser. I watched their video, and he basically took Detroit after saying he had no idea. I remember a fight we had back in week 2 of the 1998 or 1999 season and I took them has a fav against Denver and he reminded me many times of how dumb that move was. KC won and covered on my angle, and I don't think he has said much to me since then.
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    His problem is he doesn't understand the game. He does zero match-up handicapping. He doesn't pay attention to injury situations (see this year's NO/OAK game when he said all week that OAK would win outright despite a horrid cluster injury situation (they got smoked)). He thinks being ahead of line moves means you're doing the right thing. It's such garbage. His followers this season are buried ... and if you read other message boards, the last six weeks have been a study in amateurism.

Best advice I can ever give someone is to bet your own picks, good or bad. If not, follow someone like Edward with a proven record or somebody who will give you detailed analysis with sound reasoning for said pick. Fezzik is none of those things.