Betting Talk

Sun Belt Football Week 11..............

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Sports Betting
Posting this one early, afraid of line movement:

Ark St -6 4 Units

Hitting ASU hard for the 2nd straight week. This is a huge game with conference title implications. Gus Malzahn runs a complicated offense, and Sr QB Ryan Aplin, and the rest of the team struggled with it during the 1st half of the season. But it looks like a light has come on in the last 2 games, as the Red Wolves have rolled up 50 and 37 in their last 2 games, both on the road. They also have had their entire OL healthy for the 1st time since week 1, which has helped in pass protection. The defense hs also slowly come around, after losing 8 starters, and having a new DC. Monroe comes in on a down note, having lost a huge rivalry game at home to ULL, and more importantly, have lost their QB Browning, to a foot injury. Its a devastating loss to the Monroe offense, as Browning was headed to a POY award. Now they have to regroup, and travel, on a short week, to play an ASU team that is full of confidence and playing its best football of the year.

Comments

• deadpaintdeadpaint Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I will follow you anywhere in the Sun Belt, Belter. Thanks for all of your picks. Weren't you surprised it opened this high? I was thinking 3-.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I feel obligtated to add the following disclaimer everytime I make a larger than normal bet, even though my history of these is pretty solid.

1. There are no "locks" "games of the year", or "guaranteed winners" in gambling. If you choose to follow, please dont bet more than you can afford. They call it gambling for a reason.

2. I'm not a tout service throwing out a huge play trying to get you to send me your money. If this play loses, I lose also.
    edited November 2012
    deadpaint wrote: »
    I will follow you anywhere in the Sun Belt, Belter. Thanks for all of your picks. Weren't you surprised it opened this high? I was thinking 3-.

Had Browning not gotten hurt, I believe you would have seen it open right around 3 dead.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    SunBelter wrote: »
    I feel obligtated to add the following disclaimer everytime I make a larger than normal bet, even though my history of these is pretty solid.

1. There are no "locks" "games of the year", or "guaranteed winners" in gambling. If you choose to follow, please dont bet more than you can afford. They call it gambling for a reason.

2. I'm not a tout service throwing out a huge play trying to get you to send me your money. If this play loses, I lose also.

Most likely the most intelligent post ever made at BT...
  • MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Posting this one early, afraid of line movement:

Ark St -6 4 Units

Hitting ASU hard for the 2nd straight week. This is a huge game with conference title implications. Gus Malzahn runs a complicated offense, and Sr QB Ryan Aplin, and the rest of the team struggled with it during the 1st half of the season. But it looks like a light has come on in the last 2 games, as the Red Wolves have rolled up 50 and 37 in their last 2 games, both on the road. They also have had their entire OL healthy for the 1st time since week 1, which has helped in pass protection. The defense hs also slowly come around, after losing 8 starters, and having a new DC. Monroe comes in on a down note, having lost a huge rivalry game at home to ULL, and more importantly, have lost their QB Browning, to a foot injury. Its a devastating loss to the Monroe offense, as Browning was headed to a POY award. Now they have to regroup, and travel, on a short week, to play an ASU team that is full of confidence and playing its best football of the year.

Hey Belter... Been following you for a few years and so I have no doubts about your expertise in this conference. I'll also follow you pretty blindly at this point, but I'm curious why you don't keep a running record. I assuming its because you simply have no desire to make a business of this?
  • stumpy4stumpy4 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    sunbelter dont usually see a 4 unit play from u is this the highest u rate games

thx
    edited November 2012
    stumpy4 wrote: »
    sunbelter dont usually see a 4 unit play from u is this the highest u rate games

thx

Pretty much. Last week I had 3 units on ASU, and 1 on the team total over, so I guess you could say they are equal in amount wagered.
    edited November 2012
    MachineGun wrote: »
    Hey Belter... Been following you for a few years and so I have no doubts about your expertise in this conference. I'll also follow you pretty blindly at this point, but I'm curious why you don't keep a running record. I assuming its because you simply have no desire to make a business of this?

That's pretty much the reason Machine. I invest enough time in this stuff without trying to keep an exact record. I'm just trying to add a little to this great site Ed has created for all of us. I know there are people who dont want to follow anyone that doesnt keep a detailed record, and thats cool with me. Doesnt hurt my feelings a bit. I have given it a thought from time to time about starting a small service, but wouldnt even begin to know how to start, and it probably wouldnt be worth the trouble.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Trailer Park Hero!!!

We thank you!!

Picture up in Bertha's Brothel!!!
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Will you give me the rest of the season free? LOL
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    gl belter grabbed -6 Sunday night, it was pretty cold but had a great time fishing in Mountain Home area. What do you think of the total 59.5
    without Browning, total seems about right but just curious as to your thoughts?
    edited November 2012
    Dave Mason wrote: »
    Will you give me the rest of the season free? LOL

Lol, you got it Dave! Just remember me at Christmas time buddy.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I'll send you my bowl selections. 1-35 last year!
  • rock2rock2 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    YOYOYO SUNBELTER long time bro BUT STILL FOLLOW U THANKS 4 ALL THE WINNER AS ALWAYS U HVE ANY THOUGHT ON TONIGHT HOLY TOLEDO GAME THANKS BROTHER
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    rock2 wrote: »
    YOYOYO SUNBELTER long time bro BUT STILL FOLLOW U THANKS 4 ALL THE WINNER AS ALWAYS U HVE ANY THOUGHT ON TONIGHT HOLY TOLEDO GAME THANKS BROTHER

I was going to make fun of this, but it's just too easy
    edited November 2012
    chuckh wrote: »
    gl belter grabbed -6 Sunday night, it was pretty cold but had a great time fishing in Mountain Home area. What do you think of the total 59.5
    without Browning, total seems about right but just curious as to your thoughts?

Sorry it took me so long to respond Chuck. You were about 2.5 hours from me in MH. Both of these teams play so fast, that even w/o Browning I think 60 or more is still possible, so I think the total is about right.
    edited November 2012
    rock2 wrote: »

Good to hear from you rock! Hope all is well with you.
    edited November 2012
    Bumping this up, in case anyone missed it earlier. Line is 7 now. One other factor in me liking this one so much that I failed to mention earlier, Monroe was off in week 1, and has had to play 10 straight weeks since then. I think that gives ASU another edge in a short week. Good luck tonight guys, I'm about to head home to change and get ready for the game. Watch for me on TV, if ASU fails to cover, I will be the guy swinging from the goal post with a noose around my neck! Haha
  • ReidpipeReidpipe Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Not only is ULM's starting QB out, but #1 and #2 RB's as well.
  • jimmymojimmymo Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks SB....riding this one high with you!
  • peacemakerpeacemaker Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I'll be toasting you at the pub in a few hours. Thanks for the Sun Belt leg work!
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    How does Alpine throw that pick just before the half. 3 damn points guarenteed and over my 17TT at the half and he pukes it up on a horrible pass. DAMNNNNNNNNNN!
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    arky st rolls 2nd half -3
    edited November 2012
    cabster13 wrote: »
    How does Alpine throw that pick just before the half. 3 damn points guarenteed and over my 17TT at the half and he pukes it up on a horrible pass. DAMNNNNNNNNNN!

Penalties in the red zone tilt me, although I think that would could have gone uncalled.
    edited November 2012
    Penalties in the red zone tilt me, although I think that would could have gone uncalled.

That call was bullshit along with the PI call on 3rd down that kept the Monroe drive alive in the 3rd. Welcome to my world in the sum belt. Fucking clown crew.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Ak St. running strong now... 2 half over covered and ASU moving it well. Yes
    edited November 2012
    That call was bullshit along with the PI call on 3rd down that kept the Monroe drive alive in the 3rd. Welcome to my world in the sum belt. Fucking clown crew.

Yeah, not only was that not P.I., I think it might have even been tipped (not sure though). Also, on that onside kick I think they just didn't pay attention to who recovered it.
  • Petey PabloPetey Pablo Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    thanks SB for the all info you give and great call on the game. $$$
  • ChrisTChrisT Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Nice hit SB. Followed.
  • thebattinathebattina Member
    edited November 2012
    hell ya!