Betting Talk

Chicago Bears @ Tennessee Titans

WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Sports Betting
Everything points to an easy Bears victory, so why only (-3 ?)

Not sure myself. The number moved down from (-3.5) and I am fine with it.

As stated that Kansas City could not possibly continue to keep up the turnover rate, which they did, Chicago cannot keep up the pace they are on forcing turnovers, right?
Matt Hasselbeck has fumbled three times since taking over and with most of his OL either out, hurt or starting for the first time this week, I am counting on the Bears defensive line to make things happen...going out on a limb here. ;)

Chris Johnson is now playing well but for his efforts he gets the best defense against the run this week...behind a make shift offensive line.

This is going to force Hasselbeck to take to the air against the risk-taking, league leading defensive backfield in the NFL.

Did I mention the Bears have some good LBs?

Jay Cutler and the inept passing game gets a shot at the worst defense in the NFL. Brandon Marshall is having a good season and should destroy the Titans' DBs.

Matt Forte will get his yards from a short, safe passing game and pick up plenty of YAC against the weak Titans LBs.

Jay Cutler has the highest passer rating in the 4th quarter this year, by the way.

Did I mention Kenny Britt is complaining they do not go downfield enough? Jared Cook is demanding to be traded? The Titans lost to the Colts last week in overtime and the team is disgruntled? Momentum is not on their side.

Chicago fought hard and beat Carolina last week in the closing moments to go (6-1.) Momentum is on their side, IMO.

Lovie Smith has publicly stated he is not going to apologize for being (6-1) even though nobody thinks they should be.

I am taking my son to his first NFL game this Sunday (he is 8yrs old.) I am originally from Chicago and my first game was a Bears victory, so how is that for a trend? ;)

I have a good feeling this game shows what the Bears are all about against a weak opponent and the Titans are going to get crushed.

My son's favorite team is not the Titans or the Bears....he loves the Atlanta Falcons and still refers to them as "The Dirty Birds." Of course my favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys so we will get home in time to watch that Dallas disaster.

Chicago (-3)...with confidence.

--Wynn

Comments

• StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I just don't think the bears are that good. They have played one of the weaker schedules in the league. They should have lost last weekend to a bad panther squad. Enjoy your write-ups and good call on cassell being a to machine.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Chicago's defense ranks near the top and their offense has been good enough to win, obviously, but Mike Tice is getting that OL in shape. This is the glaring weak spot for Chicago. As long as I can remember, the Bears have always had a cast of querky characters that seem to fit the style of the city. Cutler and Marshall are cocky, aloof knuckleheads but they gel and the longer they keep winning, Chicago will embrace them.

Ownership has Lovie Smith's back and that is a huge relief for a headcoach but most important, he is a player's coach and they love him. I hear and read enough out of Chicago that this team in particular will run through fire for him....and that makes them especially dangerous.

That Green Bay loss earlier in the season was brutal. Lovie Smith first arrived in Chicago and stated immediately, " We need to beat Green Bay." That statement made him an instant fan favorite.

The Bears have all the parts to win the Superbowl this year though everyone, including myself, figured the Packers would walk away with the division.

Maybe it's the chemistry and no expectation of reaching the Superbowl that has them playing so hard and loose.

JMHO

--Wynn
  • DeanoDeano Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I agree with Strick...despite the record, I do not see them as that solid a team. Last week should have been an easy Bears victory on paper but they just didn't show up and should have never won.
    edited November 2012
    Carolina is better than they are playing. Blame a sophmore slump for Cam Newton or simply he had an off season to get comfortable with his new wealth. DCs have more film on him and understand his style is the real reason.

Remember, Panthers' HC, Ron Rivera, played for many years as a Bears' LB and he had to have his team up for that game. Rivera is all about defense and conservative play and that matched up well with the Bears. I also believe QBs like Newton & Cutler play clearer on the road without the home crowd pressure.

--Wynn
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited November 2012
    Hasselbeck not a very mobile QB and makes stupid decisions alot, and since CJ has not been himself after the big holdout. I see this as a Bears runaway. I only see -3.5 but I don't think it will matter, as the Bears beat up on Titans.
    edited November 2012
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Hasselbeck not a very mobile QB and makes stupid decisions alot, and since CJ has not been himself after the big holdout. I see this as a Bears runaway. I only see -3.5 but I don't think it will matter, as the Bears beat up on Titans.

This is the nfl. You have to dig deeper into the game than what is entirely obvious. I have liked the titans all week and hope for a better number.
  • NFLPicksGuyNFLPicksGuy Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Wynn I agree with ya buddy. Good luck!
    to note: Cutler and the Bears are a full touchdown worse on the road than at home. Since he got with the Bears they avg 25.6 ppg at home. And 19ppg on the road. What's sad is I think it's probable 19 will be enough to cover as the Titans have posted 15 points or below in 5 out of 8 games this year.. yikes.
    edited November 2012
    After only scoring 10 points @ Green Bay, Chicago has dropped 34 @ Dallas & 41 @ Jacksonville in the last two road games.
  • NFLPicksGuyNFLPicksGuy Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes that's true but those scores are very deceptive.
    I think they were up 6-3 late 3rd against the Jags, and a pick 6 sparked a monster 4th quarter.
    And of course the Dallas game was when Romo had 5 picks and 2 went back for a TD.
    I think the real Chicago is the 13-7 win against Detroit.. and I expect something similar this week.
    edited November 2012
    I would look for a few more points out of Chicago this week simply because the Titans' defense is awful. Detroit did hold the Bears to 13 points under head coach Jim Schwartz who was the Titans' DC when they were dominant on defense years ago.
    edited November 2012
    Over may be the way to play this game.
    edited November 2012
    Stricknine, taking into consideration the Bears continuing to score points on defense I would lean over as well. (43.5) is what I am seeing right now. NFLPicksGuy stated earlier it was (6-3) against Jacksonville late and the Bears ended with 41 points. With Cutler's 4th qtr rating and a trailing team throwing downfield late to score, the Bears defense will have their opportunities. Chicago's defense thinks it can score on every INT....and they know they need to.

--Wynn
    edited November 2012
    Stricknine wrote: »
    Over may be the way to play this game.

Hopefully I can split on this game. Titans in big trouble. Good call Wynn
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    31-3 5 minutes into the 2nd stanza, I think this was a good call
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited November 2012
    This is the nfl. You have to dig deeper into the game than what is entirely obvious. I have liked the titans all week and hope for a better number.

Really ? No I think I evaluated correctly.
    edited November 2012
    No doubt about it. I was clearly on the wrong side.
    edited November 2012
    Well that went accordingly to plan. My son & I were on the field and he said, " The Bears are so much bigger than the Titans ! The Bears are going to kill them !" Good call, son.

--Wynn