Betting Talk

I sure do miss those days

TheRebTheReb Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Sports Betting
Years back for those of you who remember and were part of it (FP when it was free), Jon in Oakland use to host a weekly conference call with a "guest". Some were unbelievably good with a wealth of info, each week there was at least one guest, AB would be a regular during CBB season, there were guests that were niche players ie., super bowl props, NFL or NBA totals, CBB totals (Helmut) etc., NFL picksguy's MNF thread triggered the memories of those calls because they brought out things you can't pick up from forums. I miss those days, would be nice to have similar conf. calls with some of the newer sharp cappers. Oddly enough, I can't remember if Ed was ever on there, I believe he may have been. Anyway, those were good times and I still will listen to MP3 archives, however I have lost most from not having backed them up...anyone else on here remember/participate in them? If so, any favorite segment stand out to you that you can remember?

Comments

• ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited October 2012
    Ed was definitely on a conference call or two......JiO currently runs a forum which houses the sharpest posters known to man.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Eogradio has a podcast that will feature some knowledgable fellows. Like listening to dink and rainbow for what it is worth.
  • jimmymojimmymo Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I could listen to AB talk all night...he was (is) a very entertaining guy. I remember one call where AB was making a case for wichita state laying 11 being a very, very good play -- someone mentioned that there were a bunch of sharp money on the other side pushing the line down. AB proceeede to go on about a 2 minute expeletive filled rant about how he doesn't give flying fukk about sharp money this, sharp money that -- finally he just said the wichita state press is going to manhandle this team's backcourt and they will win going away. Anyway, wichita state ended up winning by about 30 points.

As I recall, he was one guy that definitely got line movement when he gave out games.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    For some reason the older I get the more I like trips down memory lane. Thanks I remember them well. I use to love AB rants about MK