Betting Talk

Compiling a list of all handicappers who move lines

Comments

• thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    BIGTEX5 wrote: »
    sharp football analysis moves nfl totals. They move a half point upon release. I have been a client for 3 years.

then you had a rough year last season. -14.85 Units (lost 18 Units on Super Bowl) I have followed him in the past though.
  • EscootEscoot Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    then you had a rough year last season. -14.85 Units (lost 18 Units on Super Bowl) I have followed him in the past though.

Sharp's site shows 143-116: 55%
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Escoot wrote: »
    Sharp's site shows 143-116: 55%

I'm stunned. A tout falsifying records?!?!?
    edited August 2012
    I kept track all seasons on a google doc. Lost several high juice props on super bowl, but his site says he won super bowl as he got the side right
    edited August 2012
    I'm stunned. A tout falsifying records?!?!?

I'm sure there is an explanation for the disconnect, whether it was wide range of units assigned to each play, or someone (not)including a computer system that was strictly "leans," or regular season records only.
    edited August 2012
    I'm sure there is an explanation for the disconnect, whether it was wide range of units assigned to each play, or someone (not)including a computer system that was strictly "leans," or regular season records only.

There is an explanation - he's a scammer. Omitting plays that lost is lying about your record.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I am very leery of all paid cappers records. The reason I asked the guy because I assumed if he has been following this touts picks he should know his actual record based on the plays he pays for. I would not follow anyone blindly unless there is transparency. Steviey is an example of transparency. Numbers are WA at release and his plays are very well documented. Ras same way for paid service. Sixth Sense appears from everything I have researched appears honest and transparent also.
    edited August 2012
    I emailed sharp a few times to get an explanation on win loss record last year and units +/-. He said he does not keep track of units just a record. Yet he has .5, 1, 1.5 and 2 unit plays (his overs which I will say have been awesome before last year) which is very misleading. He told me what each play was worth so I figured out the units. The day afte the super bowl all his props (like 15 of them) were taken down as well as the weekly win loss record which was good, but once again didnt have the units. I will say I think he only had a couple bad weeks.
    week Sharp Football
    1 -1.5 Season Total -14.85
    2 0.7
    3 2.8
    4 5.45
    5 6.75
    6 -1.9
    7 0
    8 -2.25
    9 9.15
    10 3.7
    11 2.85
    12 -11.2
    13 -1.1
    14 -3
    15 2.8
    16 -3
    17 -4
    wc -2.4
    div 0.85
    champ -1.55
    sb -18
    edited August 2012
    There is an explanation - he's a scammer. Omitting plays that lost is lying about your record.

I was sarcastically recalling 3 of the more often used tactics I have come across, but yes in all seriousness without a legitimate record, there is no sugar coating it. Needing a customer to verify the posted record is quite the problem.
    edited August 2012
    I was sarcastically recalling 3 of the more often used tactics I have come across, but yes in all seriousness without a legitimate record, there is no sugar coating it. Needing a customer to verify the posted record is quite the problem.

My bad, I missed the sarcasm in your earlier post. My detector breaks sometimes.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    My bad, I missed the sarcasm in your earlier post. My detector breaks sometimes.

Step ur game up Jeff, u leave BT for a little bit and look what happens... :)
  • NemaNema Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Big Al's higher rated plays in most sports are strong, but his college and pro football 5* are very good.
  • James702James702 Member
    edited August 2012
    I was a Kruger client. last year fir NFL he a stand up guy,
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Another vote for Helmut, moved lines when he was under the cover, then a paid service and now at BT.
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Here's a *********** thread with Sharp posting as "puffdawg".

See especially post #11, where he's deliberately deceptive and instead of saying "I am Sharp" he pretends to be "puffdawg" discussing Sharp.

[URL="http://www.***********/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=21&sub=100798264&page=1"]http://www.***********/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=21&sub=100798264&page=1[/URL]

EDIT - Or here's not the thread.

Apparently we're not allowed to post a link to another forum.
    !!!???

Did I just take a wrong turn and wander into the rx?
    edited August 2012
    damn i want to read this
  • snakeyjakeysnakeyjakey Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    SharpFB advises he is in the registration queue and hopefully will be posting soon.
  • SharpFBSharpFB Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    I just registered for this forum. I don't know if it's frowned upon here but I was advised by clients I was being discussed and wanted to come weigh in.

Yes, I run Sharp Football Analysis.
    Yes, last season my totals (NFL totals) consistently moved the line.
    Yes, I have posted on Covers and the "prescription" since 2004, so obviously I was known by my username on those forums.
    No, I haven't posted anything on Covers in years, and never once did I ever indicate I was not running Sharp, so there should be absolutely no confusion there.

I only started selling plays in 2009, so I was a member of both forums for 5 years prior to selling plays and have a very good history on both forums of 1) sharing a ton of information and 2) putting posters on to good trends or situational plays and 3) amassing a solid W/L rate on plays that were posted.

As for the subject of the thread - moving lines, I guess I can't link to my site but I can tell you that I had 71 totals that beat the closing number (using CRIS) and 21 that lost to the closing number.

That's 77% of lines that moved beat the closing number.

Overall, my totals recorded 0.5 points of line value (including games that moved against me).
    Of the 77% which moved in my favor, the avg. line value was 1.2 points per game.

Those numbers alone have been considered very strong by those in the industry I'm in contact with, win/lose, to beat the closing number vs. lose to it 77% of the time in the NFL. You can obviously judge for yourself, you can see a chart on my website under the records tab of week by week closing line value (CLV).

Yes, I work closely w/ Krackman (who will be a weekly guest on a new podcast each Sat night this year) and some of his associates when planning totals releases every Tuesday.

Yes, collectively we decide when to release the games. Many are on Tuesday if we think the market will move with us, and some are later if we think the market will move in our favor.

Last season, my numbers were WA at the time of release, certainly for a longer period of time than they were for RAS.

No, I don't move NFL totals like RAS moves CFB/CBB totals. The NFL market is far larger and RAS is far more influential, those would be the dominant 2 factors.

But yes, you'll pretty much have your Sports Options account or your Don best account alerting you to a key move for a NFL Total when I release them more often then not (obviously not 100% of the time).

Yes, I like to set the market as opposed to respond to it, which is why I release my totals most often on Tuesday each week. Last season, thru my network of associates, I saw that many syndicate betting groups would be on the same side of my totals. So I made a point to get the plays up early to beat them to the number.

I have no idea how things will go w/ moving numbers in 2012, I just know that they really started moving the last 1-2 years.

In terms of moving totals in the NFL, I only know of 1 other service which does it on releases and it's Sixth Sense.

There really are only a few individuals who are either selling plays or posting plays in each sport who have the influence to move numbers. Certainly RAS is at the top of the list. I'm happy to be on the list as well, for NFL totals, but let's just see how they move in 2012.

Yes, I do post every single play on my website "real time" like RAS does, so the records are 100% documented. Unlike RAS, however, my actual plays are graded on game day (W or L) and remain there until Tuesday, when I begin the next week (and start releasing Totals). Of course the records remain, the plays themselves go down. Example: Thursday night plays will be there until Tuesday. Sunday plays will be there until Tuesday. Monday night plays will be there until Tuesday. On Tuesday, only the cumulative W-L record for the week remains, the plays themselves are taken down.

Last year I was on the Behind the Bets podcast w/ Chad Millman and you can dig up the archive to listen if you care, it was sometime early Jan 2012.

This season you'll be able to hear me on Ken Thompson's/Cantor's radio show on SportsXRadio (720AM) every Wednesday night, also I think on Sirius Fantasy for a few minutes every Tuesday night. I'll also be competing in multiple NFL contests as well.

I don't have much time to post online anymore. I work full time as a licensed Professional Engineer and the last 14 months I've been working on a very cool sports betting app which several big names in the industry are involved in, and it will be out sometime in September. But since I respect RAS and my clients who sent me here, I wanted to add some feedback on moving the line.

Good luck to all this season,
    Warren Sharp
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to the forum SharpFB.

Ability to post links to therx forum have been restored.
    edited August 2012
    EDIT TO ADD: Steve Fezzik, the real one not the fake scammer, also will move NFL totals on his releases more often than not.
    edited August 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum SharpFB.

Ability to post links to therx forum have been restored.

Thanks Edward, keep up the good work.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited August 2012
    Are touts allowed to promote their services at bt now? Seems a bit contradictory to allow touts right off the street to basically advertise their services while any of "us" who do so gets either banned or said references instadeleted.
    edited August 2012
    I'd say it's fair to be able to address your service since it was being talked about on here. Now about the 100% documented plays and there being a discrepancy? :huhsign:
    edited August 2012
    Contrarian wrote: »
    Are touts allowed to promote their services at bt now? Seems a bit contradictory to allow touts right off the street to basically advertise their services while any of "us" who do so gets either banned or said references instadeleted.

Generally no, but will take it on a case by case basis. Don't mind giving SharpFB the chance to explain/defend himself in this instance.
    edited August 2012
    SharpFB wrote: »
    I just registered for this forum. I don't know if it's frowned upon here but I was advised by clients I was being discussed and wanted to come weigh in.

Yes, I run Sharp Football Analysis.
    Yes, last season my totals (NFL totals) consistently moved the line.
    Yes, I have posted on Covers and the "prescription" since 2004, so obviously I was known by my username on those forums.
    No, I haven't posted anything on Covers in years, and never once did I ever indicate I was not running Sharp, so there should be absolutely no confusion there.

I only started selling plays in 2009, so I was a member of both forums for 5 years prior to selling plays and have a very good history on both forums of 1) sharing a ton of information and 2) putting posters on to good trends or situational plays and 3) amassing a solid W/L rate on plays that were posted.

As for the subject of the thread - moving lines, I guess I can't link to my site but I can tell you that I had 71 totals that beat the closing number (using CRIS) and 21 that lost to the closing number.

That's 77% of lines that moved beat the closing number.

Overall, my totals recorded 0.5 points of line value (including games that moved against me).
    Of the 77% which moved in my favor, the avg. line value was 1.2 points per game.

Those numbers alone have been considered very strong by those in the industry I'm in contact with, win/lose, to beat the closing number vs. lose to it 77% of the time in the NFL. You can obviously judge for yourself, you can see a chart on my website under the records tab of week by week closing line value (CLV).

Yes, I work closely w/ Krackman (who will be a weekly guest on a new podcast each Sat night this year) and some of his associates when planning totals releases every Tuesday.

Yes, collectively we decide when to release the games. Many are on Tuesday if we think the market will move with us, and some are later if we think the market will move in our favor.

Last season, my numbers were WA at the time of release, certainly for a longer period of time than they were for RAS.

No, I don't move NFL totals like RAS moves CFB/CBB totals. The NFL market is far larger and RAS is far more influential, those would be the dominant 2 factors.

But yes, you'll pretty much have your Sports Options account or your Don best account alerting you to a key move for a NFL Total when I release them more often then not (obviously not 100% of the time).

Yes, I like to set the market as opposed to respond to it, which is why I release my totals most often on Tuesday each week. Last season, thru my network of associates, I saw that many syndicate betting groups would be on the same side of my totals. So I made a point to get the plays up early to beat them to the number.

I have no idea how things will go w/ moving numbers in 2012, I just know that they really started moving the last 1-2 years.

In terms of moving totals in the NFL, I only know of 1 other service which does it on releases and it's Sixth Sense.

There really are only a few individuals who are either selling plays or posting plays in each sport who have the influence to move numbers. Certainly RAS is at the top of the list. I'm happy to be on the list as well, for NFL totals, but let's just see how they move in 2012.

Yes, I do post every single play on my website "real time" like RAS does, so the records are 100% documented. Unlike RAS, however, my actual plays are graded on game day (W or L) and remain there until Tuesday, when I begin the next week (and start releasing Totals). Of course the records remain, the plays themselves go down. Example: Thursday night plays will be there until Tuesday. Sunday plays will be there until Tuesday. Monday night plays will be there until Tuesday. On Tuesday, only the cumulative W-L record for the week remains, the plays themselves are taken down.

Last year I was on the Behind the Bets podcast w/ Chad Millman and you can dig up the archive to listen if you care, it was sometime early Jan 2012.

This season you'll be able to hear me on Ken Thompson's/Cantor's radio show on SportsXRadio (720AM) every Wednesday night, also I think on Sirius Fantasy for a few minutes every Tuesday night. I'll also be competing in multiple NFL contests as well.

I don't have much time to post online anymore. I work full time as a licensed Professional Engineer and the last 14 months I've been working on a very cool sports betting app which several big names in the industry are involved in, and it will be out sometime in September. But since I respect RAS and my clients who sent me here, I wanted to add some feedback on moving the line.

Good luck to all this season,
    Warren Sharp

Hey mr. Sharp. Would you mind addressing the fact that you promote your service as winning in 2011-12 despite being negative units? Also, do you promote your service at other forums using various ghosts pretending to not be mr. "sharp"? Thanks in advance.
    edited August 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Generally no, but will take it on a case by case basis. Don't mind giving SharpFB the chance to explain/defend himself in this instance.

Except that he didn't address the issues, he just basically gave a free advertising pitch.
    edited August 2012
    Contrarian wrote: »
    Except that he didn't address the issues, he just basically gave a free advertising pitch.

I trust there will be some follow ups.
    edited August 2012
    All self promotion, no answers.

You were documented by our very own captain as having a losing season last year, and neglecting to post losing picks. Are you going to address that issue?
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    All self promotion, no answers.

You were documented by our very own captain as having a losing season last year, and neglecting to post losing picks. Are you going to address that issue?

-1000 yes, with a convoluted answer not actually addressing the questions.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I emailed sharp a few times to get an explanation on win loss record last year and units +/-. He said he does not keep track of units just a record. Yet he has .5, 1, 1.5 and 2 unit plays (his overs which I will say have been awesome before last year) which is very misleading. He told me what each play was worth so I figured out the units. The day afte the super bowl all his props (like 15 of them) were taken down as well as the weekly win loss record which was good, but once again didnt have the units. I will say I think he only had a couple bad weeks.
    week Sharp Football
    1 -1.5 Season Total -14.85
    2 0.7
    3 2.8
    4 5.45
    5 6.75
    6 -1.9
    7 0
    8 -2.25
    9 9.15
    10 3.7
    11 2.85