Betting Talk

Unless I am crazy - Vandy/Wisc

124»

Comments

• hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Jim Boeheim has only Coach K to ahead of him in wins... and he can't coach? His zone defenses have given people fits for years.

Check this out and let me know that Bo Ryan could have done this:

lazarus Simms
    JasonCipolla
    Todd Burgan
    John Wallace
    Otis Hill

1 NBA player that played for a total of 381 whopping games and average a robust 7.6pts/game. Not one other guy played in the league.
    Bo Ryan coached better players than this as witnessed by what they have done in the league.
    Yet this lousy coach had University of Kentucky and 6 NBA players on the ropes in the final game. Yet he is a lousy coach. Let me know when Bo even makes a final four before you begin to chastize and lecture us on how much better he is than Jimmy B.
    I think Ryan can coach - but to put above JB is a little short sighted.
    I would argue that most of Ryan's teams were as talented if not more talented than the 1996 Cuse team that went to the finals and it was a heck alot tougher then than it is now as teams like Kentucky don't exist anymore. Now a days its all freshman.

Jim Boeheim can coach period.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Jim Boeheim has only Coach K to ahead of him in wins... and he can't coach? His zone defenses have given people fits for years.

Check this out and let me know that Bo Ryan could have done this:

lazarus Simms
    JasonCipolla
    Todd Burgan
    John Wallace
    Otis Hill

1 NBA player that played for a total of 381 whopping games and average a robust 7.6pts/game. Not one other guy played in the league.
    Bo Ryan coached better players than this as witnessed by what they have done in the league.
    Yet this lousy coach had University of Kentucky and 6 NBA players on the ropes in the final game. Yet he is a lousy coach. Let me know when Bo even makes a final four before you begin to chastize and lecture us on how much better he is than Jimmy B.
    I think Ryan can coach - but to put above JB is a little short sighted.
    I would argue that most of Ryan's teams were as talented if not more talented than the 1996 Cuse team that went to the finals and it was a heck alot tougher then than it is now as teams like Kentucky don't exist anymore. Now a days its all freshman.

Jim Boeheim can coach period.

I was actually addressing this in another thread. And I even pointed out that this team was his best coaching job. Aside from that, I think you'd find it hard to argue that he's overachieved given his talent.
    edited March 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    another great response tribe... LOL. you act as if your have delivered a monster year in college hoops with your comment back to Euro. is that the case?

I think I ended up pretty close to even, up like half a unit or something? But I didn't quit posting when I was down, and I kept an accurate record the entire season and updated it daily. That's a hell of a lot more than I can say about Euro. I GUARANTEE if he were winning he'd have kept posting.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    you are prob right tribe and you did keep a solid record which should be appreciated by all. lets find some more winners goin forward!
    edited March 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    you are prob right tribe and you did keep a solid record which should be appreciated by all. lets find some more winners goin forward!

Amen to that.
  • EuroSportsEuroSports Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I think I ended up pretty close to even, up like half a unit or something? But I didn't quit posting when I was down, and I kept an accurate record the entire season and updated it daily. That's a hell of a lot more than I can say about Euro. I GUARANTEE if he were winning he'd have kept posting.

It is funny that this comes up...I was down a couple units, and couldn't post for a few weeks (moving, as the long labored discussion was before). Now this shit pops up again. Incredible. Several people vouched for me on here, from previous experience at SFW etc....but...whatever. The fact you go this route as your response speaks volumes of yourself. This is my final response on the subject. You talk +EV on shit, then keep the same type of talk on the coaching aspect. Neither coach did well on the defensive side of the ball...that is pretty clear, and both coached taking advantage of it. Does that make Ryan 10x better...no, not even close.

As far as results and hockey....I am not going down that road again. I know my bankroll grew, but if it wasn't posted here, it matters nothing to the board. The people that know me know that I do well in certain markets, euro hockey and smaller market futbol to be exact. Frankly, posting on this board was probably a mistake anyway, as most players on here don't have the access to markets to even really bet on it, or get any numbers that approach what is available in the euro market. I do throw plays up on a private board that is shared with other players that concentrate on certain markets, but that is by invite only, so not available to all. My season this year has been ok, but far from my best. Still in the positive, but barely.
    edited March 2012
    Oh...and BTW....I did watch the game, for your other smart ass remark. The question is did YOU actually watch the game. I guess you call it +EV to let Syracuse score 12 of their 27 scores (almost half) as layups or dunks instead of the mid range jumpers. Makes about as much sense as your 10x comment.
    Sharp...very sharp.
    edited March 2012
    EuroSports wrote: »
    It is funny that this comes up...I was down a couple units, and couldn't post for a few weeks (moving, as the long labored discussion was before). Now this shit pops up again. Incredible. Several people vouched for me on here, from previous experience at SFW etc....but...whatever. The fact you go this route as your response speaks volumes of yourself. This is my final response on the subject. You talk +EV on shit, then keep the same type of talk on the coaching aspect. Neither coach did well on the defensive side of the ball...that is pretty clear, and both coached taking advantage of it. Does that make Ryan 10x better...no, not even close.

As far as results and hockey....I am not going down that road again. I know my bankroll grew, but if it wasn't posted here, it matters nothing to the board. The people that know me know that I do well in certain markets, euro hockey and smaller market futbol to be exact. Frankly, posting on this board was probably a mistake anyway, as most players on here don't have the access to markets to even really bet on it, or get any numbers that approach what is available in the euro market. I do throw plays up on a private board that is shared with other players that concentrate on certain markets, but that is by invite only, so not available to all. My season this year has been ok, but far from my best. Still in the positive, but barely.

You were down a couple of units, took some time off for personal reasons, came back and lost more. So at that point, you stopped posting. I'd lay -10000 that if you had won when you came back that you'd have continued posting. Oh, but you were extremely profitable on unposted plays. Right, that's what the proven liar that vouched for you claimed, too. Don't we all hit 60% on our unposted plays?

The fact that you think that Wisconsin was capable of stopping Syracuse from getting 12 layups speaks to your lack of knowledge. Syracuse was vastly superior athletically. I don't care what defense you play if you're Wisconsin, you aren't stopping them from getting into the paint unless a) you're just going to give up wide open looks at 3s like Syracuse did and is one reason that they didn't cover, or b) Syracuse stops themselves, which they did, and is the other reason that they didn't cover. Syracuse should have attacked MORE instead of settling, but they are so poorly coached that they didn't.

You've made my point for me. 12 out of 27 layups or dunks. 5 3-pointers. So that leaves 10/27 field goals that were midrange jumpers, which is the lowest EV shot in basketball. That's almost 40% of their field goals and 30% of their total points, and that's when they shot well from midrange! How many midrange jumpers did Wisconsin hit in that game? I'll spare you the research. The answer is 3, which is 14% of their field goals and 9% of their total points. Understanding that difference is goes a long way towards understanding why Bo Ryan > JB.
    edited March 2012
    I came back and posted 2 plays. One won, one lost (at a + price), the net being a push. Get your facts straight. You can go back and look...xscores.com has all the scores of euro hockey on the team tables. And...did I say I was extremely positive on unposted plays? I said in the earlier post that I barely popped out on top this season, which means maybe I did 4 or 5 units on unposted plays. Nothing great. Most of my bankroll growth this year came from a private group that shares plays, not from euro hockey...that part was just a grind this season. I said nothing about hitting 60% on plays.....show me where I said that.

Who is the proven liar, and why does this come up in a discussion on Wisc/Syracuse coaching? That is the kind of shit you have to bring up in a discussion? What does it have to do with that discussion at all? Effectively, you make any argument you make worthless when you have to start in both a condescending tone as well as bring up shit that has NOTHING to do with the topic that is being discussed. Pretty pathetic in reality.
    edited March 2012
    EuroSports wrote: »
    I came back and posted 2 plays. One won, one lost (at a + price), the net being a push. Get your facts straight. You can go back and look...xscores.com has all the scores of euro hockey on the team tables. And...did I say I was extremely positive on unposted plays? I said in the earlier post that I barely popped out on top this season, which means maybe I did 4 or 5 units on unposted plays. Nothing great. Most of my bankroll growth this year came from a private group that shares plays, not from euro hockey...that part was just a grind this season. I said nothing about hitting 60% on plays.....show me where I said that.

Who is the proven liar, and why does this come up in a discussion on Wisc/Syracuse coaching? That is the kind of shit you have to bring up in a discussion? What does it have to do with that discussion at all? Effectively, you make any argument you make worthless when you have to start in both a condescending tone as well as bring up shit that has NOTHING to do with the topic that is being discussed. Pretty pathetic in reality.

Show me where I asked you to hit 60%? I don't care if you hit 50%, I just think it's weak when people stop posting just because they aren't winning, especially if they come back later and talk about how they won. I lost almost 10 units in the NFL this year, but I continued to post what I played and I continued to update my record.

As far as the proven liar that vouched for you ... *sigh* I have to revisit this? Here's the Cliff's Notes of that one:

TheDude: "I'm pro. I win. I'm awesome. Contracts/agreements. I don't keep a record. Off-screen moves. Walter. I make bazillions. Etc."
    Tribe: You lost on over 250 posted plays at SFW.
    TheDude: Pathetic that you'd make that up. LMAO. No I didn't. I have a team. Checkers. Random Big Lebowski quote. Prove it.
    Tribe: Ok, here's all of your plays. You lost over 10 units and were basically a coin flipper.
    TheDude: I can't believe you made up that list of fake plays. You're pathetic. Those are not my plays.
    Contrarian: (posts about 30 links of TheDude posting those exact same plays)
    Tribe: Still want to say those aren't your plays?
    TheDude: (exits stage left)

I notice that you had no response regarding the actual basketball discussion. I take it that part is over because you obviously had nothing more to offer. You've taken to attacking me because you can't attack the argument.

This will be my last post in this thread.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited March 2012
    Per request, I don't report any of the massive line gaming, etc that takes place here these days (and it shows tbh), but ol' euro seems to be violating one of bt's tenants. Apologize in advance for bringing up what bt "wants" members to bring up.

"7. Unless you are a paid site sponsor, do not refer to any past picks or post any records of picks that were not originally posted on the BettingTalk forum before the outcome was determined. This includes any picks given out in the chat room."
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited March 2012
    how did a nice conversation about Wisconsin basketball go so south ? and turn into a pissing contest ?

Come on fellows... go piss down each others legs somewhere else.
    edited March 2012
    Contrarian wrote: »
    Yes, props to your valuable input itt kahuna, the fades were sweet!

Yeah, you know Contarian we all can't be like you "always right about everything", never lost a game, always the great inside on a game, must be difficult for you "Jesus" to speak and communicate with us humble people.

Like i have said before Contarian, start your own thread, only allow yourself to comment on it, and that way you will actually confirm that you are genius. Otherwise if you decide to come out to the real world, get ready to be ripped for the fricking moron that you are.
  • Clark GriswoldClark Griswold Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Contrarian wrote: »
    Yes, props to your valuable input itt kahuna, the fades were sweet!

Another value comment. Such a tool.
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited March 2012
    pjgrace wrote: »
    Another value comment. Such a tool.

Agreed
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited March 2012
    Stick to hockey. Oh, wait. You stopped posting it because you weren't in the positive.

Was this really necessary to get your point across? It is not pertinent to the discussion at all. See posting rules #1 and #2. Posts like these create an atmosphere where people are discouraged from contributing, therefore hurting the whole community.

You can "guarantee" Euro's own reasons for not posting all you want, it doesn't matter. He isn't required to post a record or post plays at all, and he isn't asking anything in return for his posts, he is simply contributing to a forum. He certainly wouldn't be the first or last to not be motivated to keep a record when losing (if that is what happened), but does that mean he should be reminded of it anytime he participates and/or disagrees with someone in an unrelated thread?

If someone put their mind to it, they could find negative things to say (or remind people about) for almost any poster, you, me, whoever.
    edited March 2012
    Ed, that was out of line and you're right. I apologize to you, the forum, and to Euro.
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Pettimore wrote: »
    I like this thread, people giving reasons in a civil manner. Now we need Edward to realease Wisconsin, so I can get the Orange -2.5

This thread needs to stop, im surprised goats has let it getthis far, the vandy/wisconsin game is over, and the conversation is not benefiting anyone.....
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    In-Before-the-Lock.gif
    edited March 2012
    hey ggm1976 - obviously you have a memory disorder. So let me help you out, you made the same comment on page 4. Everyone at that time suggested you to stop viewing this thread and go away. Let me remind you again, GO AWAY ... paste those 2 words to your computer, so you don't request this again in a day or so.
    edited March 2012
    ggm1976 wrote: »
    This thread needs to stop, im surprised goats has let it getthis far, the vandy/wisconsin game is over, and the conversation is not benefiting anyone.....

Yes, some of this might have gotten out of hand. But there was a lot of valuable information and discussion in this thread.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2012

Sorry, haven't been around as much as usual and didn't keep up with this thread. I tend to be pretty burnt out once CBK winds down, and when it coincides with a personal downswing like it happened to this year, I try and spend a lot less time chained to the computer.

I'd address things now, but Ed has already done a fine job taking care of it IMO, so no need to be redundant.

Again, my apologies for not being on top of things in my usual manner.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited March 2012
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    hey ggm1976 - obviously you have a memory disorder. So let me help you out, you made the same comment on page 4. Everyone at that time suggested you to stop viewing this thread and go away. Let me remind you again, GO AWAY ... paste those 2 words to your computer, so you don't request this again in a day or so.

Again, have to find a way to make your point (albeit a valid one) without the personal attacks.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Euro, FWIW I would love to see you start posting again. Anytime you specialize in such a small market you have my attention. I'm sure other posters would agree.
  • OrlandoMagOrlandoMag Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    worm33 wrote: »
    Euro, FWIW I would love to see you start posting again. Anytime you specialize in such a small market you have my attention. I'm sure other posters would agree.

Ditto, although I don't really have the outs to play much on these. But hey, a couple bucks would be better than zero.
    edited March 2012
    Hey tribe, no need to get arrogant in front of a computer screen, just entitled to an opinion and feel like this site is better than someone posting nonscence
    edited March 2012
    Hey tribe, no need to get arrogant in front of a computer screen, just entitled to an opinion and feel like this site is better than someone posting nonscence

I admitted that I might have gotten out of hand and said that there is valuable information in this thread. How is that arrogant????
    edited March 2012
    Sorry tribe, maybe I do have a disorder, that message was for bigkahuna, guy who wants to help me out.....
  • OrlandoMagOrlandoMag Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Arrogance was probably the tone that was taken, not even considering anyone else's opinion, or almost being attacking to anyone with an opposing opinion when having a discussion. From what I read here, seems like that was the case with several posters making an opposing argument.

That said, both coaches sucked on the defensive end of the court. Seems like neither did much to try to put out the fire that was attacking them. You would think JB would extend the zone and take the chance, but maybe he didn't think Wisc could keep hitting at that pace...probably the same for BR with their attack of the rim. Not sure either of these guys stacks up as an "elite" coach.

I think you would have to admit that any team that can light up the 3's is a poor matchup for a team playing a 2-3 zone. That doesn't make someone a great coach, but getting more out of less certainly does.

But hey...that game is long over. Looking forward to UK and Louisville...great rivalry.