Betting Talk

Anyone have a bet tracking program?

utixutix Banned
edited April 2012 in Sports Betting
Not looking for day to day (like bet tracker) as I am looking for something to keep a years worth of picks in. If not I'll just spend some time on Excel, but I'm thinking there has to be something out there that specializes in gambling

Comments

• CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    i made one that is pretty good, u have to log every play though, but it has a macro built in that will break down ur plays by sport and type. let me know if you'd like it and if i have permission, ill post here.
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Coops wrote: »
    i made one that is pretty good, u have to log every play though, but it has a macro built in that will break down ur plays by sport and type. let me know if you'd like it and if i have permission, ill post here.

I'd be interested in this Coops. Thanks.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited January 2011
    that sounds great
    edited January 2011
    Can I just have a mod say its ok to attach here? I dont know the rules and dont want to get in trouble.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Coops wrote: »
    Can I just have a mod say its ok to attach here? I dont know the rules and dont want to get in trouble.

Go for it.
    edited January 2011
    having some problems deleting my data from it, i hate macros, i will post as soon as i can get a clean sheet.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited January 2011
  • drnoxdrnox Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm interested as well. Thanks in advance for sharing.
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I downloaded the linked sheet. It is pretty nice and easy to use. Only thing that isn't tracked easily is parlays and teasers, if you play them.
    edited January 2011
    i didnt forget about this, the sheet that works is @ work, i will upload tomorrow AM (around 10 AM NYC time). Sorry for the wait.
    edited January 2011
    So...the file is to big to attach, limit here is 65.2kb and my file is 120kb. I will have to upload to a site and post the link here, but of course I cant upload while at work.... So, when I get home tonight I will upload the file and then post the link. Once again, sorry for the delay...
    edited January 2011
    Without further ado...

http://www.mediafire.com/?3g1kggpvznepydc

That link SHOULD download my tracker, please let me know if it doesnt.

Quick How To:

Download the file where you want it, and then open it in Excel, that should set the macro up.
    Use the ledger tab to log your plays.
    Sport has a drop down (I dont list NHL as I dont bet it)
    Vig is pretty obvious (-110) usually but I included a calculator at the top to figure out parlays, etc.
    Type is a drop down also (Pts, Tot, ML, Tea, Par)
    Result is either W, L or P
    That will calculate your cash flow.

The refresh button at the top runs the macro and splits all your plays up on the Records tab.
    You can drop down Month on the record tabs on the bottom.

Also, on the Ledger tab you can set your units, its default is 1 unit is between 1 and 99, 2 units is between 100 and 199 and 3 units is from 200 up. You can configure this to your liking.

Any questions, let me know, and sorry for the delay.

-Coops
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Seems to have downloaded just fine.

Thanks.

Now I'll try and figure this out. Never used something as detailed and descriptive.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited January 2011
    Going to have to give this a few minute to sink in. Simple stuff like this blows my mind.

Awesome job on this. I'm sure I'll be back with questions
  • sparkyl2sparkyl2 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks Coops! Great tool to have.
  • SconnieSconnie Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    awesome source coops. Thank you. I entered some games into the tracker but when I hit refresh it takes it to the ledger but does not update or transfer over any data. How can I fix this?
    edited January 2011
    Sconnie wrote: »
    awesome source coops. Thank you. I entered some games into the tracker but when I hit refresh it takes it to the ledger but does not update or transfer over any data. How can I fix this?

Sconnie - I would save the file down and the open the file in Excel from the saved location. Also, this works in Excel 2007, not sure about 2003. Need to make sure you have macros enabled also. Hope this helps.
  • EscootEscoot Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Coops:
    Do you know you change the inputs so I can track my bets by also qualifying them as a 1H or 2H bet if that is the case. Then I could see my side record, total record, and 1H/2H sides and totals for example.
    Thanks for the download, great sheet.
    edited January 2011
    Escoot wrote: »
    Coops:
    Do you know you change the inputs so I can track my bets by also qualifying them as a 1H or 2H bet if that is the case. Then I could see my side record, total record, and 1H/2H sides and totals for example.
    Thanks for the download, great sheet.

Escoot - I am in the process of adding this feature but it is causing the file to become massive in size. Adding 1H, 2H and Game seems simple but it adds another layer of complexity. Also, trying to build in a feature that tracks when I buy the hook and how much I lose by doing it. Been busy @ work recently but I aim to have this released by mid/late January.
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the response. Since I will strictly bet NCAAB, is there a way the tracker would recognize and track my bets if I changed NFL to NCAAB1H, and MLB to NCAA2H for example? So basically I define my type of bet under the sport instead of adding another qualifier to the spreadsheet.
    edited January 2011
    the easy way wouldl be to just leave ur self a note that NFL means 1H and MLB means 2H
    edited January 2011
    Hah...that is true. That would be the easiest quick fix
  • drnoxdrnox Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    What is supposed to go under SETTLE?
    edited February 2012
    Bumping as requested...
  • parlayinparlayin Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks but the link is no longer active. I think the spreadsheet would have to be posted on that file transfer site again.
    edited February 2012
    parlayin wrote: »
    Thanks but the link is no longer active. I think the spreadsheet would have to be posted on that file transfer site again.

I found the original sheet @ work. I will upload it somewhere tonight and post the link here.
  • minet123minet123 Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    wagerstation (google it) is now free but they offer no support
  • tiptontipton Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    If you have an android phone download and use betbud absoulutely amazing app with all lines and live scores for all your bets. Tracks as well and there are tons of different breakdowns you can use. Highly highly recommended

Its coming to iphone soon as well
  • parlayinparlayin Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    I have betbud and it works great for what it is. I want to do some manual manipulation/analysis beyond what the program has pre-featured, though. And I want to input games from this past year to analyze, which I don't think betbud allows.
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Why not just throw the spreadsheet up on Google documents for all to download? I think Google Docs supports macros embedded in the file.