Betting Talk

Baseball

CoopsCoops Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Sports Betting
Just wanted to say that baseball may not be flashy or as entertaining to watch as football, but tonight is an amazing night to watch. 20 minutes to 11 here in NYC and things still aren't decided, just ridiculous. It's America's pastime for a reason!

Comments

• CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Are u faking kidding me! Someone has to be watching the Rays game! Amazingn
  • bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I have the Yanks ML and the Yanks -1 1/2 +375. Just brutal!!!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I parlayed the 4 must win teams just for shits and giggles... Gambling aside, this is a special night. 7 runs down in the 8th... Come on man.
  • keywest813keywest813 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Coops wrote: »
    I parlayed the 4 must win teams just for shits and giggles... Gambling aside, this is a special night. 7 runs down in the 8th... Come on man.

I did the same thing just for fun. Amazing comeback by the Rays.
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    1 strike away and Johnson does that? Hollywood would laugh you outta the fuqin room if you brought that script to them
    edited September 2011
    The Rays get out of that inning without giving up a run. Amazing! Runners at the corners with no outs.
    edited September 2011
    Rays win and the Red Sox lose!!!! Lost the small wager but it's good to see that the Red Sox will advance as far as my Twins in the playoffs this year :)
  • hawk17hawk17 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Craziest night in baseball that i've ever seen!
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    im gonna pay for this tomorrow but when my grandkids ask me "grandpa, did you get to see the wildest night of baseball ever?" I can say yes kids I did

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
  • eatdust11eatdust11 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I've never ever seen anything like this... amazing stuff! The Red Sox sooo deserved that too.
  • jpg30jpg30 Member
    edited September 2011
    Maybe the most exciting night of regular season sports ever.
  • biggunsbigguns Member
    edited September 2011
    Last night kind of reminded me of the 1999 nfl football season when the Packers were in a heated battle for a wildcard spot in the playoffs. The tie breaker went down to points scored between Green Bay and Carolina. ESPN did great job with the NFL primetime show (after the games were completed) switch back between games in real time, probably the best prime time ever. Everytime Carolina would score Green Bay and #4 would march right back down and score also. Green Bay was playing Arizona and they were getting mad thinking Green Bay was running up the score. They ended up scoring more points than Carolina for the tie breaker but it was all for nothing as Dallas won in the late game so it did not come down the points scored tie breaker.

Running up the score article I found.

The one exception to this general rule is in regards to the NFL's tiebreaking rules that are used to determine which teams qualify for the playoffs if they are tied in the standings. One criterion to break ties is comparing the total number of points scored by each team during the regular season. Under this scenario, running up the score in a late season game is not considered poor sportsmanship because there is a benefit to having the score higher. This scenario occurred during the 1999 season when the Green Bay Packers could possibly have made the playoffs if the Dallas Cowboys had lost and they had scored enough points against the Arizona Cardinals in their final regular season game to surpass the Carolina Panthers in total points scored. They ended up beating the Cardinals 49-24 (not a huge margin of victory by football standards), but Dallas went on to beat the Giants later that day to earn the final playoff spot and knock the Packers out of the playoff picture anyway