Betting Talk

Pitt at Iowa thoughts

tiptontipton Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Sports Betting
I am probably one of the few that have actually watched both of Pitt's games this year since the only place to watch them was online on espn3. For the life of me I cannot figure out why Iowa is only favored by 3 points this week. Granted, I know that Iowa is down this year and just lost to Iowa State, but this Pitt team is so far below expectations and has looked horrible winning against Buffalo and Maine. Quite simply Pitt's defense and QB are horrible. Sunseri the qb for Pitt cannot run the offense and has little grasp on new coach Todd Graham's system. Graham pulled Sunseri in the 4th quarter against powerhouse Maine last week for a bit in favor of a walkon freshman qb that by all accounts is nowhere near ready to start either. Graham finally came out this week in the press saying he is disappointed in Sunseri's ability to run the new high tempo offense and they are missing a ton of opportunities. from watching both games, Sunseri is a joke, so inaccurate with his passes and takes a ton of sacks. hell, he got sacked 7 times by MAINE. as 30 point+ favorites at home against Buffalo and Maine Pitt looked horrible in both games and failed to cover both times, last week only beating Maine by 6 points and the game was in question the entire time. Sunseri is a big problem on offense, but the entire defense has played very poorly with the new change to a 3-4 defense this team does not have the linebackers to play this style, and with the offense not moving the ball and snapping it so quickly they are constantly tired.

i see Iowa as a 7-10 point favorite....but maybe i'm missing something.

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    A respected 'capper that I talk to likes Pitt because of Ia negatives. Dunno?
  • jeffmcjeffmc Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    I'll take Ferentz off a loss..Hawkeyes are 30-13-1 ATS in games after a loss since coach Kirk Ferentz’ second season on the job
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Iowa state is also a decent team. That loss isn't as bad as the public thinks because IST is much better than they have been in the past. I expect them to beat UCONN on the road tonight. So I agree with you on Iowa. Have always respected Ferentz as well. A Belichik deciple.
  • BigfistBigfist Member
    edited September 2011
    Belichick's Cleveland Browns team of 1994 may well have had the greatest set of future college coaches ever, serving as assistants at the time...Nick Saban, Kirk Ferentz, and Pat Hill.
  • odiecabodiecab Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    My play is on the under. Current line at most books is 50.5
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    under and the hawks for me... posted in thread. gut wrenches me to back the hawks right now but its a good time to.
    edited September 2011
    Hurry Hawkeye supporters...........you can lay 3-01 at Pinny or one of their clones.
  • ween87ween87 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    JMO...Iowa wins 13-6
  • hawk17hawk17 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    It's difficult to get a read on this year's Hawk team but typically Iowa plays well after a loss. We'll be at home, Captain Kirk is from Pitt, spread just a fg, I think we cover. You should see some of our msg. boards, people are always pissed off with our conservative approach, but coming off a 3 ot loss to our bitter rivals they're ready to lynch someone. This is all we got here, so people get pretty worked up. If we don't open up the offense soon, our off. coor. Kenny O'Keefe might need a bodyguard. I see us winning by doubles, but obviously I'm a homer.
  • NittanyLionNittanyLion Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    Jase - this line seems to good to be true in favor of the Hawkeyes. I think that should tell you something.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Pitt - my upset pick of week
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Watching and reading what Ferentz had to say this week, I think the wraps are coming off the Iowa QB. I would be shocked if Iowa isn't up 3 td's by halftime.
    edited September 2011
    Pitt - my upset pick of week

Not playing too bad!!!
    edited September 2011
    Okie,

Apply salt only after Gatorade bucket is emptied.
  • thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    wish pitt would join the Big Ten.
    edited September 2011
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Okie,

Apply salt only after Gatorade bucket is emptied.

LOL - Drinks Instead!!!
    edited September 2011
    I'm cooking CROW right now!!!
  • RayboltsRaybolts Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    What a shitty ending. Sorry OO, had em as well
  • tiptontipton Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    One thing that can always be counted on is for pitt to choke. Happens every year.

Sunseri is horrrrrible. Pitt coaching helped iowa a ton too