Betting Talk

UFC 126 Plays

kass101kass101 Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Sports Betting
Ryan Bader +310 over Jon Jones

was posted a while ago by me as I felt it had very good value at that number. I think Jon Jones is the favorite in this fight but Bader is a very good and athletic fighter as well and has a solid chance at the upset. I was obviously right on the value as it has moved to +250 at most shops.

Ricardo Romero +115 Over Kyle Kingsbury

Romero has a very good ground game and has shown some very good toughness in his last fight, surviving some big shots from Petruzelli before finishing him. Kingsbury will try and take this fight to the ground and use his top game but Romero is dangerous from his back and Kingsbury does not have the wrestling ability to hold Romero down for 3 rounds, nor has he shown the ability to be dynamic and finish fights.

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto -120 Over Demetrious Johnson

The success of Japanese fighters coming over has not been good but Yamamoto while late in his career is a dynamic striker and an exceptional wrestler whos only losses recently have come to two of the top fighers in the world and he for the most part has been fighting above his natural weight class. Johnson is a solid fighter but Yamamoto is better in every area. If "Kid" can overcome the first time in the UFC effect he should be able to put on a good show and begin his clime of the UFC Bantamweight division.

Banuelos/Torres Over 2.5 Rounds -111

Both are tough guys, and Banuelos has gone to decision in the majority of his fight, Torres while finishing more fights usually does it late in the fight after he wears the other fighter down. Banuelos will be trying to get inside and take top position while Torres most likely will be using his reach and jab to wear down Banuelos.

Michihiro Omigawa +260 Over Chad Mendes

Mendes is a terrific wrestler which is the reason he is so heavily favored here, however Omigawa is one of the best fighters in the world and much better than anyone Mendes has fought so far. Omigawa has very tight boxing which will be the key to this fight, if he allows Mendes to take him down at will it will be over but if he uses his footwork and works his jab he has a great shot to pick up the win. This is a great fight and will be a huge win for either fighter, one of the top 3 fights on the card.

Belfort/Silva Over 2.5 Rounds +115

Anyone who has seen Silva fight lately knows he is fighting cautiously, and using his jab to control the fight. The key here is Belfort if he starts the fight controlled and uses his footwork, we go over. However if he comes forward wildly like he can do, he is playing right into Silva's hands and will most likely get hit with a counter shot and go down.

77-80-2 (+18.02 Units)

Comments

• utixutix Banned
    edited February 2011
    I'm leaving tomorrow to go to the fight. Any lean on Silva/Belfort? I'll save my opinion until I hear back. Thanks a bunch!
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    utix wrote: »
    I'm leaving tomorrow to go to the fight. Any lean on Silva/Belfort? I'll save my opinion until I hear back. Thanks a bunch!

It is an interesting fight in that Belfort has the tools to beat Silva but his style also plays right into Silva's hands. Belfort likes to come forward and use his great boxing but Silva loves to counter and has very good power when doing so. Silva's weakness is obviously his wrestling and if Belfort can take him down he has a chance to pull the upset because unlike Sonnen he will not get submitted by Silva as his BJJ is much better. Belfort also has the power to end it on the feet as we have seen consistently from him. However I still think Silva will catch Vitor with a counter shot and drop him and continue to pepper him before Vitor runs out of gas in the 4th. So Silva will win by TKO in the 4th or 5th.

This is a great fight card, I wish I was in your shoes and got to see it live.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the great info.

Silva is far and away my favorite fighter in all of MMA and I normally envision him dominating but I could see Belfort catching him and finishing it in a rally. I don't think Silva has fought many people with the 1 punch power of Belfort, but as you said, that might play right into Silva's hand. Anyone that comes straight forward on Silva will need to be woken up in the immediate future. I'm not sure what exactly happened in the Sonnen fight as far as him not being ready, truly being injured, etc. but I don't think this is a fight he will come out flat. Dana has been on his ass to perform, Belfort should force the action, and the Vegas lights typically bring out the best in people.

I'm also surprised Griffin and Franklin are willing to be in the same building as Silva after the beatings he put on them
    edited February 2011
    Adding 1 play:

Donald Cerrone wins inside the distance -120

Cerrone is just a much better fighter in all aspects than Paul Kelly, Plus Cerrone fights to finish fights and not just win a decision so considering all those factors I think this play has a lot of value over the straight Cerrone -290 money line.
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Hey Kass, Ever hear of this guy? I have no idea who he is or if he is good. Just thought I would put it here for you to see what he had to say.
    MMA Professor - UFC 126 Picks

Ok, UFC 126 is a really stacked card, so you don't want to miss this one. It is the UFC's Superbowl eve card and they like to showcase top talent, and this year is no different. Here are the Picks:

- Paul Taylor (-190) over Gabe Ruediger - Ruediger might be the worst fighter in the UFC

- Mighty Mouse Johson (+105) over Norifumi "Kid" Yammamoto - The talent level in Japan has proven to be far inferior to that of the UFC and Kid might be in for a wakeup call in his UFC debut. He is on the other side of his prime too.

- Jake Ellenberger (-240) over Carlos Rocha - Wrestling matches up really well with Jiu Jitsu

- Vitor Belfort (+250) over Anderson Silva to become the new UFC Middleweight Champion - Belfort has far faster hands - you heard it here first.

• milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Love Kid Yammamoto here kass. Johnson is a decent fighter but doesnt have much power and i cant see him outwrestling kid. Kid is clearly the better fighter and i look for him to showcase his talent level tonight. GL
    edited February 2011
    GrapeApe wrote: »
    Hey Kass, Ever hear of this guy? I have no idea who he is or if he is good. Just thought I would put it here for you to see what he had to say.
    MMA Professor - UFC 126 Picks

Ok, UFC 126 is a really stacked card, so you don't want to miss this one. It is the UFC's Superbowl eve card and they like to showcase top talent, and this year is no different. Here are the Picks:

- Paul Taylor (-190) over Gabe Ruediger - Ruediger might be the worst fighter in the UFC

- Mighty Mouse Johson (+105) over Norifumi "Kid" Yammamoto - The talent level in Japan has proven to be far inferior to that of the UFC and Kid might be in for a wakeup call in his UFC debut. He is on the other side of his prime too.

- Jake Ellenberger (-240) over Carlos Rocha - Wrestling matches up really well with Jiu Jitsu

- Vitor Belfort (+250) over Anderson Silva to become the new UFC Middleweight Champion - Belfort has far faster hands - you heard it here first.

Never heard of him, and IMO his analysis is pretty poor. I agree with him on Taylor and Ellenberger but its not like those are difficult selections.
    edited February 2011
    milfhunter wrote: »
    Love Kid Yammamoto here kass. Johnson is a decent fighter but doesnt have much power and i cant see him outwrestling kid. Kid is clearly the better fighter and i look for him to showcase his talent level tonight. GL

I certainly hope so, "Kid" has always been one of my favorite fighters.
  • tiptontipton Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    what a horrible performance from Kid. he generated zero offense. really disappointed in how he performed tonight. likely another has been from Japan...
    edited February 2011
    tipton wrote: »
    what a horrible performance from Kid. he generated zero offense. really disappointed in how he performed tonight. likely another has been from Japan...

I cant explain it, and to have Olympic caliber wrestling and look like that is just crazy. Sad Sad perfromance.
    edited February 2011
    5dimes has cerrone +3500 to win by KO, its most likely a bad line, ok it IS a bad line but I just bet it for 50.
    edited February 2011
    kass101 wrote: »
    5dimes has cerrone +3500 to win by KO, its most likely a bad line, ok it IS a bad line but I just bet it for 50.

damn why couldnt he keep punching instead of going for the choke...
    edited February 2011
    fucking insane how sick anderson silva is. him winning inside the distance closed out some parlays for me...man what a great night.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited February 2011
    Card was fairly boring until main event. Crowd was pro Vitor until his lights went out.

Well worth the money to see that knockout
  • StJoes10StJoes10 Banned
    edited February 2011
    Kass thanks for your plays theyre always very helpful and thoroughly thought out.
    edited February 2011
    utix wrote: »
    Card was fairly boring until main event. Crowd was pro Vitor until his lights went out.

Well worth the money to see that knockout

That was a nasty KO, and you also got to see the future LHW champ live because no one is stopping Jon Jones.
  • ZPICKZPICK Junior Member
    edited February 2011
    Well I said a week or so ago that I thought Jon Jones would easily handle Bader and that he would get a title shot by end of the year, but I didn't expect this !! Fighting in Newark in 42 days baby !! I will be there rooting on my fellow New Yorker! Tough beats last night Kass but keep up the good work, you have some great write ups on these fights. I'm hoping Jones is getting +300 from Rua and I will bang Jones hard!

Buying the point and getting Steelers +4 today from Bodog...good luck
    edited February 2011
    ZPICK wrote: »
    Well I said a week or so ago that I thought Jon Jones would easily handle Bader and that he would get a title shot by end of the year, but I didn't expect this !! Fighting in Newark in 42 days baby !! I will be there rooting on my fellow New Yorker! Tough beats last night Kass but keep up the good work, you have some great write ups on these fights. I'm hoping Jones is getting +300 from Rua and I will bang Jones hard!

Buying the point and getting Steelers +4 today from Bodog...good luck

after his performance last night, no way we get +300 or anything close but trust me I am right with you.
  • ZPICKZPICK Junior Member
    edited February 2011
    I wonder what it will be, haven't seen anything yet. I'm real excited for him, but I do wish he got to face the winner of the Forrest/Franklin fight first. Being that it was Forrest that would have been a perfect test for him to then get the title shot in December. But no way you say no to the opportunity. Hopefully Rua is rusty from being off over a year.

And by the way, bodog won't let me buy the point for some reason, so taking Pitt +3 -115
    edited February 2011
    Jones is -150 favorite