Betting Talk

excessive celebration call??????

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Sports Betting
the big XII has been jipped in three games now... a salute to the crowd is a 15 yd penalty? that is fucking nuts man!

Comments

• Owens81Owens81 Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm PUKING my brains out!!!!! WOW!!!
  • CLE-MIKECLE-MIKE Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Shitty ending to a very entertaining game.
  • BigABigA Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    JOKE...

unreal call
  • Riecem01Riecem01 Junior Member
    edited December 2010
    unreal
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Some refs have no common sense... That is no where close to be wrong.. They make some of the dumbest calls.
  • payrollpayroll Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Speechless about the fake FG, speechless about the penalty. How do you make that call? I've never seen a 2 pt conversion attempted from the 18 yd line. wow. Pitiful.

I'm with NEJim on TN and WA over. I live here in WA and love WA +13 myself. I think they stick with NE much better this time around.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    the refs have waaaay to much power to make that call possibly taking the bowl game away from teh wildcats. unreal folks!
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    That referree should be fired - he just basically ended what was a great game versus letting it play it out. I did not have either side so gambling aside that is just crap. These referees in the bowl games have been horrendous - the best referees are the ones you don't notice and we have noticed them way too much during the bowls.
    edited December 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    That referree should be fired - he just basically ended what was a great game versus letting it play it out. I did not have either side so gambling aside that is just crap. These referees in the bowl games have been horrendous - the best referees are the ones you don't notice and we have noticed them way too much during the bowls.

could not agree more mustang. i would honestly make a claim to the NCAA on that one if I was bill snyder... just unreal man.
  • bernardoincrbernardoincr Member
    edited December 2010
    i never take seriously threads that claim fix.
    but, if that ref would never pass a lie detector
    if asked if he bet syracuse. how can the chief
    of the crew let a controversial call decide a hard
    fought bowl game. shit call at a shit time.
    refs should be invisible and never decide a game.
    that call decided the 2 point conversion.
    so ridiculous i just can't believe it.
  • hardrockhardrock Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Deff a BS call. I've seen kids do worse and no flag. Sometimes as a ref you have to know when to turn your head in that case, what was on the line u let it go...now if your up by a bunch then flag him...
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow, I had the Orange and I was still rooting for them to make the miracle 2 pointer.
    That was a joke call, the other 2 calls the past 2 days were close and could have gone either way but this was a flat out mistake.
    Anything more than breathing is a penalty after a TD???????
  • dsgatordsgator Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    i had $200 on k state and dont know what to say. this is fucking horrible what could he have seen to warrant a flag? i mean really what makes him throw that flag?? i can accept my team losing or even my team playing horrible but when a ref fucks me like that it makes me very angry!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    i never take seriously threads that claim fix.
    but, if that ref would never pass a lie detector
    if asked if he bet syracuse. how can the chief
    of the crew let a controversial call decide a hard
    fought bowl game. shit call at a shit time.
    refs should be invisible and never decide a game.
    that call decided the 2 point conversion.
    so ridiculous i just can't believe it.

You would think they would stop this BS stuff like this is. it'swhat makes people cry fix. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
    Question: If they didn't go for two then wouldn't the pently be accessed on the kick-off. I don't understand why it was given on a two point try but if they just kick the extra point the 15 yards would have been on the kick-off. Am I making sense. I'm at work and I'm rushing.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited December 2010
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    You would think they would stop this BS stuff like this is. it'swhat makes people cry fix. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
    Question: If they didn't go for two then wouldn't the pently be accessed on the kick-off. I don't understand why it was given on a two point try but if they just kick the extra point the 15 yards would have been on the kick-off. Am I making sense. I'm at work and I'm rushing.

Other team has the choice if they want it on the EP or the kickoff. If the point is no big deal, they usually take it on the kickoff to get better field position.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Didn't know they had a choice to when the penalty was enforced, thank you
    edited December 2010
    Old-Timer wrote: »

i thought the same thing old timer. i think there are a few versions of this so called "rule book". :)
  • Coast2CoastCoast2Coast Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    All the conferences need to have the same rules for excessive celebration. They don't. The SEC and the Big Ten have had their own interpretations for years and some of the calls have been equally horrid. It can't be a surprise to anybody that Big Ten refs, operating under Big Ten rules for penalties that are different than the Big 12 and Big East teams in the game, are again responsible for such injustice.
    edited December 2010
    the bottomline is this wasn't even freaking close to excessive and that is the end of story. i have watched this entire TN game and if that was excessive then where should've been 5 flags thrown already in this game alone.
    edited December 2010
    think about how mad the seniors on k state are. i had 200$ on k state and was pissed but i can only imagine seniors who wanted to go out with a bowl win and put every ounce of energy into this fight and to have a ref fuck you like that. its the worst way to lose im telling you ive had it happen in a big high school basketball game and its so deflating to have something that is not even in your hands fuck you. if i were a senior on k state and that was my last game i would have found that referee before he ran into the tunnel and layed him out. that was a obvious fix and when kids put there heart and soul and go out and fight a battle on the football or basketball fields and a ref makes a call like that its almost hard to believe.
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    First off, let me say that I had K St in this game, although only a small wager. I didn't see the game live. All I heard was the media say that a controversial excessive celebration call cost K St the game. After seeing it, I do think it was a strange time to enforce the rule, but I can't bitch about it too much because it is the rule. I agree with Mark May's analysis, enforce it consistently and the kids will learn to not do it. That said, this call was far from "costing" K St the game. Even had it not been called, they had to have a number of things go their way to win the game. Specifically, they had to make the 2 pt conversion, stop Tennessee from driving for a game winning FG with 1:13 left, AND win the overtime. Putting some estimates on the probabilities of all 3 of these happening:

65% chance of making the 2 pt conversion
    75% chance of stopping Tennessee from getting a FG in regulation
    50% chance of winning the OT

That all adds up to only about a 25% chance that K St wins the game had the excessive celebration call not been made. So it was far from "costing" them the game, more accurately it "cost them a somewhat small chance" at winning the game.

Plus if the K St QB throws a decent pass on the 2 pt conversion from the 18, it's a moot point because the receiver was open.

I don't know if that makes anybody else feel any better, but it made me feel better, so I thought I'd share.
    edited December 2010
    i agree that in now way was this going to be a easy cover. but i would have liked to at least been given a fair shot. like i said i could like with k state not making the 2 point conversion from the 3 yard line and me losing my bet. but i cant accept that bullshit call and them having to try it from the 18. whatever dude its over nothing we bitch and moan about will make it any different goodluck today. its a new day!
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    it was a good call...stop whining....
  • peacemakerpeacemaker Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    How'd you like the "Wrong choice, buddy" quote from the back judge? Seems like he knew that flag was his hammer.
    edited December 2010
    HowardBeal wrote: »
    it was a good call...stop whining....

LOL... stellar call howie.