Betting Talk

I Owe The Forum...

footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
edited November 2010 in Sports Betting
I returned to BT briefly a few weeks ago and gave out two losers, one NCAA and one NFL. I have been in the process of relocating to Las Vegas full time and now that things are settled finally, I will make up for those two stinkers by posting a couple of winners... my season started off poorly after the successes of the past several years and I am now starting to pick it up a bit. More positive results to follow... Check here tomorrow and early Sunday if you are interested!

Hello to all my old-timer pals at the forum! I hope everyone is well.

Cheers,
Mychal

Comments

• Ff99l1Ff99l1 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    We all have are bad days, I just want to welcome you to your new home Las Vegas I've been liveing off and on in vegas for 25 years. I've been back now for two and a half years this and plan on staying. gl this weekend ff.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Mychal and

BEST
  • SundevilSundevil Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Where in Vegas PIX?
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Sundevil wrote: »
    Where in Vegas PIX?

Summerlin, SunDevil... Desert Shores specifically. I have adopted Red Rock as my new home!
    edited October 2010
    2010 NFL/NCAA Football Posted Selections at Betting Talk

NCAA 0-1, -2.2 Units
    NFL 0-1, -2.2 Units
    Total 0-2, -4.4 Units (All Plays @ Units)

#145 Tulsa OVER 63

As much as I would LOVE to recommend a play on Tulsa +9, I like the total better for one reason. Tulsa has the worst defense in FBS play in several categories. That said, Tulsa can win this game straight up as the usual issues are coming home to roost at South Bend, mainly speed and athleticism. They were manhandled against the rush by Navy once again (always fear that word REVENGE, it means nothing without the players to achieve it) and Tulsa has had two weeks of prep in advance of what they are calling the "biggest game in Tulsa Hurricane history". That carries you only so far, but they run an up-tempo offense that rivals Oregon, and that will cause huge problems for the slowish Irish defense. They lead CUSA in rushing yards and with Todd Graham they bring unusual play calling to what ND is used to seeing. Notre Dame also has two huge games ahead, with Utah and USC so Tulsa doesn't really figure on their radar. Maybe the get overlooked a bit, being a stranger with a weird offense. While the Golden Domers are thin at wideout, they should have Michael Floyd back at WR and even the 2nd teamers should find openings against the Hurricane defense... Tulsa has allowed four teams to get season high passing yards against them. Dayne Crist still has enough weapons to trade points, but with Tulsa scoring in a minimum of clock time, the Tulsa defense will spend much more time on the field than needed and we should see a second half of long scores and quick changes of possession. I don't trust either team to hold a lead, but the end zone paint should need some work on Sunday. Tulsa has the speed to run by the Irish all day offensively, but the defense will be their boondoggle. Notre Dame is playing their ninth straight game while Tulsa comes off a bye. You think NBC is wondering what they paid for with that expensive ND contract? Should be fun to watch.
    Notre Dame 45, Tulsa 43.

Thank You,

Mychal
    Advantage Sports
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Pix-

i think, and this is only my opinion, that since Ed cleaned up BT and completely changed the direction of the forum, that over 95% of the members know better than to judge any poster by 1 or 2 plays. i also believe that most of us don't think you owe the board anything. thanks for the play(s) and good luck this week.
  • Merlin21Merlin21 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Agreed I havw followed you and won many times..... Always enjoy your picks and write ups.....

On the over with you.... Lets cash it!
  • spareshooterspareshooter Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Welcome back Mychal. I remember the good old days. Good Luck
    Spare
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Me too Mychal!! Good luck with the pick....
  • Chopper17Chopper17 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you! You are one of the old stand-by's here. Your write-ups are always very insightful and useful. Good luck Pix..
    edited October 2010
    we need a miracle!!!
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    shouldn't have needed a miracle. 25 points in the first qtr and it doesn't hit? tough one!
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    gag time uggggggg
  • wcf124wcf124 Banned
    edited October 2010
    Lines are tighter than a crabs azz at this time of year,U never know just have to hang in and bet sparingly
  • zhp2m3zhp2m3 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    looked good 1st half...damn!
  • Cademm23Cademm23 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Any other plays tonight to get us a win?
  • scottydog2kscottydog2k Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Now your pissing me off, I friggin love Vegas.. U got an extra room for an old bro? lol, Wish u the best success buddy.....
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    just hit 4 in a row and you'll be in the plus. Its only 3 random plays in CFB. GL!
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, i have some tough ones this season and in my career, but man, this ranks near the top. i left my house with 52 pts in the 3rd quarter. stupid ass me assumed it to be a win. was sure it was a win. gave my son a bath. watching Ole Miss cost me money and i see Tulsa 28 Notre Dame 27 scroll across the bottom. it was one of those moments. double take. triple take. and the inevitable "how the fuck did that game stay under?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!"

seriously, how the fuck does that game stay under.

not only an interception returned for a TD

not only a punt return for a TD

but 857 yards combined on top of 2 D/SP TDs

incredible
    edited October 2010
    My offshore only goes by the final score. I try to tell them when games should win but they wont listen.
    edited October 2010

NCAA 0-2, -4.4 Units
    NFL 0-1, -2.2 Units
    Total 0-3, -6.6 Units (All Plays @ 2 Units)

I didn't bring home a winner, which has been the way the year has gone here at BT so far. I will post an NFL play later tonight if anyone still cares to follow.
    edited October 2010
    Mychal

Just wanted you to know that my comment was not meant in a negative way toward you. You how this wagering is, win some you should have lost and lose some you should have won.
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey - Sometimes you do everything right and still lose - it's just the way it is in a high volitility endeavor such as sports betting . . . . your a good capper and most know it , you'll bounce back one of these days . GL
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited October 2010

NCAA 0-2, -4.4 Units
    NFL 0-1, -2.2 Units

I didn't bring home a winner, which has been the way the year has gone here at BT so far. I will post an NFL play later tonight if anyone still cares to follow.

Mychal, You have given us plenty of winners throughout the years...I for one am very interested in seeing your take on any games. We greatly appreciate the plays...
  • artieartie Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Yep Mychal, your plays are appreciated. I especially like the write ups you provide in your picks. So thank you for throwing out a few here on BT. I look forward to seeing your insight on any NFL games today.
    edited October 2010
    We shall give it another effort...

NCAA 0-2, -4.4 Units
    NFL 0-1, -2.2 Units

#229 Steelers OVER 44.5

The Saints have been very close to last years great offensive numbers, but turnovers and issues in the red zone have killed them. They have injury issues on both sides of the ball, with runners and DB's. The defense isn't playing that poorly and surprisingly, the Saints allow fewer yards defensively than Pittsburgh... but special teams and those turnovers have left them in bad field position. Now the power team of the Steelers come to town, but they are also starting to lose key personnel with their best DL Aaron Smith gone now with an arm injury, after they lost another DL last week in Brent Keisel. Both are top linemen and not having them last year started a defensive downfall and a higher allowance of points. Both teams can move it through the air very well and Big Ben has five TD passes the past two weeks. The Steelers have offensive line issues and the run game hasn't been decent behind Mendenhall, but their passing game hasn't missed a beat since his return from suspension even with the trade of Santonio Holmes. The Saints won't really be able to sell out on the blitz and leave the depleted secondary in man coverage.

The Steelers are strong against the run but have had issues against the pass, and I don't expect New Orleans to attempt to run the ball often. This will be a game where the passing attacks will control the offensive lines of scrimmage on both sides. The Saints should have success with their tall and speedy wideouts, spreading the Steeler defense out and throwing against their smaller cornerbacks. The Saints passing offense actually matches up well against the weaknesses of the Steelers pass defense, and they use the pass to set up the run. The past two Super Bowl winners will have an effective gameplan to move the chains here and a special teams play or turnover (based on the season history) should bring good field position, if not instant points. I see a game in the fifties.
    Saints 30, Steelers 27.

Good Luck, let's break this ugly run. Off to Red Rock for some NFL! Enjoy the games.

Mychal
    Advantage Sports
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you & Good Luck!
  • SundevilSundevil Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    :ugh: Damn 0-2 ...
    edited November 2010
    I have some serious makeup work to do for you all... my apologies.

NCAA 0-2, -4.4 Units
    NFL 0-2, -4.4 Units
    Total 0-4, -8.8 Units (All Plays @ 2 Units)
  • peacemakerpeacemaker Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Please, no apologies. You've contributed a great deal to this forum and very many of those contributions cashed quite nicely.

Win or lose, thanks for posting the insight and analysis...