Betting Talk

Sun Belt Football Week 1...................

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Sports Betting
Pumped for the start of a new season, just like everyone else on here. Hopefully these will get me off to a good start:

ASU/Auburn Under 58

I know both teams are planning on running fast paced spread type offenses, but I have a hard time seeing either team open it up Saturday. Auburn has a short week to prepare for its conference opener at Miss St, while ASU has a huge road matchup at ULL in week 2, that could make or break their 2010 season. ASU has 2 inexperienced QB's, and a slew of inexperience at the WR spot. They have had problems trying to adjust to new OC Hugh Freeze's no huddle spread offense. I also believe ASU will have a very stron front 7 on defense. They have alot of depth at DL and LB, with the only question mark being at CB. I do not think Auburn will be able to just line up and manhandle them up front. My biggest fear in this game going over, is ASU's young QB's turning the ball over and giving Auburn short fields to work woth, and ASU special teams mistakes. ASU lost both their punter and kicker last season, and have struggled badly in those areas in practice. I see this ending up in the 34-7 range. Favorite play of the week.

UAB/FAU Under 50

Bet this one early at 52.5, but would play it at 49.5 or above. Really like FAU's QB/RB combo, but they have been decimated on the OL. They lost all 5 starters from last year, and will be without 2 potential starters tonight, who are out injured. Both teams were poor defensively last year, but return almost everyone, and I know FAU has spent extra time devoted to getting better on that side of the ball. I expect to see UAB struggle some early, rreplacing all everything QB Webb, who was pretty much a 1 man offense last season.

Middle Tn +1.5

This one is a little weird for me to handicap. I bet MTSU early at -3.5, before Dashers suspension, and jumped on Minnesota at +4 as soon as I got word of his legal problems, basically cancelling out those 2 bets. No doubt Dasher is a huge part of the MTSU offense, but I think the line has over compensated for his suspension. I think MTSU returns enough talent at the other positions to be enough to get by what looks to be a very questionable Minny defense on paper. They lost 9 starters from last season, and neither returning starter will play tonight, due to an injury and a suspension. The Blue Raiders are expecting one of the largest crowds in school history tonight, and I dont think they will let a rare opportunity to beat a Big 10 opponent at home slip away.

Clemson -24

Bet this one at 23 last week. The Tigers should be able to roll up a ton of points against the Mean Green. N.Texas returns alot of starters from last yr, but they have been one of the worst teams in the country under coach Dodge, and I cant see them improving a whole lot this year. I have never been a big fan of hiring high school coaches for D-1 programs.

Good luck, and everyone have a great year!

Belter

Comments

• jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Good luck this year Sunbelter. This conference has slowly become one of my favorites to follow. I always look forward to reading your opinions.

Eddie
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Eddie! It still has a ways to go, but its improving every year.
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Thanks Eddie! It still has a ways to go, but its improving every year.

Though we disagree on one, always appreciate your insight. GL my friend.

fishboom
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Please state the game # for Middle TN. Thanks
    edited September 2010
    Dont have it in front of me Havana, but its being played tonight, so it should be easy to find. Sorry.
    edited September 2010
    fishboom wrote: »
    Though we disagree on one, always appreciate your insight. GL my friend.

fishboom

Same to you fish, thats why they call it gambling. Looks like you should have waited though, lines down to 48.5 at BM, and 49 at the Greek.
  • peacemakerpeacemaker Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Go get 'em, Belter!! Looking forward to another great year.

BTW, MTSU is #144...
  • DollaXpressDollaXpress Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Sunbelter!! Greatly appreciate the picks. Lets get'em bud!!
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Nice to have you back belter!
  • Tkauffman09Tkauffman09 Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Alwayys look forward to your insight on the Sunbelt Conf. Best of luck to you this NCAAF season.
    edited September 2010
    Thanks guys, not exactley how I wanted to kick off the season last night. Middle Tn had chances to take control of the game in the 3rd quarter, and just didnt get it done. Hopefully Saturday will go better.
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    MTSU was dominated most of the game.
    edited September 2010
    topplayer wrote: »
    MTSU was dominated most of the game.

Yeah, all except for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. MTSU had scored 17 straight points between the 2nd and 3rd Q, and was driving again, when they had an easy pass dropped on 3rd down, that would put them inside the Minnesota 30 again.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2010
    GL tomorrow Sunny, we can compromise in Auburn. 38-0 pays us both.

Clemson movement is encouraging.
    edited September 2010
    Adding:

ULL/Georgia Under 52
    edited September 2010
    horn wrote: »
    GL tomorrow Sunny, we can compromise in Auburn. 38-0 pays us both.

Clemson movement is encouraging.

Yeah, 23 was way to low IMO. Good luck to you also buddy.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Adding:

ULL/Georgia Under 52

Have been close for couple weeks now to adding this. Gonna play it now after u giving the go ahead. I also got UGA -24 when it opened and for a change this year, i think the two bets are correlated. Thanks for the play and GL again.
  • awfulorvawfulorv Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    UAB had some weird stats last night. 345 yds rushing, 17 first downs, only 2-13 though on 3rd down coverage. That doesn't compute...
    edited September 2010
    Adding:

ASU +31

Been going back and forth all week on pulling the trigger here, and rumors coming out of Auburn are that 2 defensive starters, including star LB Craig Stevens, will be suspended for tommorrows game. Nothing confirmed, but I'm going to go ahead and grab the 31 now. Looks like bad news on the under play, but it could help ASU maintain a little more ball control, and shorten the game.
    edited September 2010
    Very poor 2-4 start guys, my apoligies. Badly misread the ability of Auburn and ASU's ability to move the football. Auburn's new QB is a beast. He almost single handidly killed ASU with his strength and speed running the football. ASU's young QB Aplin was outstanding also, and ASU's new spread offense under new OC Freeze looked very good.

Will go back to the books and be back for week 2.
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    no worries bro. dont apologize cause i personally look forward to your picks. I will follow you alot next week cause the chances of you going 2-4 again are the chances of Matt Leinart throwing another pass for the cardinals! thanks for your info!!!!
    GL
  • deadpaintdeadpaint Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Very poor 2-4 start guys, my apoligies. Badly misread the ability of Auburn and ASU's ability to move the football. Auburn's new QB is a beast. He almost single handidly killed ASU with his strength and speed running the football. ASU's young QB Aplin was outstanding also, and ASU's new spread offense under new OC Freeze looked very good.

Will go back to the books and be back for week 2.

Don't ever apologize. One 2-4 week will never make up for the constant flow of winners I saw last year from your expertise. The last time I checked money won on Sun Belt games counted as much as money won on SEC games. We are all sure you will come back on fire in the coming weeks.
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    The touchdown with 0:00 at the end of the first half killed the Georgia under. Making it even worse was it was a QB scramble from about the 20 yard line and he barely got into the endzone.