Betting Talk

Personal Foul

topplayertopplayer Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Sports Betting
I am about finished with the book by Tim Donoughy. If you think sports are not fixed then you need to read this book.

Comments

• atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I am almost afraid to read it. Might tarnish my love for this hobby of ours.
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited April 2010
    You need to take books of this type with a grain of salt. Remember that it was not written as a documentary or expose, but was written, like a fictional novel, to make money for the author and publisher. I am not saying there isn't some truth there, but you can bet your bippy it is embellished to the max. This guy needs money, and just like his testimony he will say whatever sells.
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Yup! Sorry Anyone Bought It!

But Then Again I Didn't Buy Jose's Book & Did Drink The Kansas Koolaid!
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    So referees control whether shots go in or not? maybe one bad call and that's it if you want to make up a fix
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey Chase. You don't believe they can control fouls? More fouls = more FREE THROWS= more points without using up time.

80% of NBA players travel. You don't think one ACTUALLY CALLED can have an effect?
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    But do you really believe refs can just control everything? if they call bullshit fouls people will notice and they can get in big trouble. Yeah they could call a charge a block here and there but that shit is old news, they don't bet on games.