Charlotte, -6, 185
Washington, +4.5, 194.5
Memphis, -2.5, 210.5
Detroit, +8.5, 214.5
Cleveland, -2, 187
San Antonio, -3, 187.5
Golden St, -2, 231.5
LA Lakers, +2, 200.5

I may be able to call the POD a little earlier today. In fact, if I am guessing line movement correctly I may have to call it very early. Stay tuned.

Comments

• xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    What's your line for Houston at Boston?
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited April 2010
    Miami-Indiana UNDER 193.5, confirmed LIVE at Bookmaker 755 AM, PDT
    brb with write up
    edited April 2010
    Damn, that escaped my schedule, brb with that too.
    edited April 2010
    Boston -4.5, 203
    edited April 2010
    Miami-Indiana UNDER 193.5

I guess bettors and books are still looking at the torrid pace the Pacers were setting earlier in the season, but the Pacers have a different prospectus now. They used to run and gun and ignore the defense but now have steadied their personal scoring pace (last 10) to a current 101.9 average and have vastly improved defense to allow only 95.4 ppg (last 10). They gave us a very nice under versus Sacramento (by 10.5) Tuesday by playing to those exact averages. The Pacers have no shot at the playoffs, but the Heat are in at #6 right now and have no desire to drop that seed lower. Their forte is defense and they are relying on it heavily to carry them forward. These two have already met three times this season with the Pacers averaging only 82 ppg, so why should the Heat, winners of all three at 107.7 ppg change anything? By now some astute reader has said whoa, wait a minute, that is 189.7 ppg, pretty close to the posted total and far above Key's own line of 181. The difference is that both teams are not playing to the style they were on January 19, when the last of the three was played. At that time, both had more offense and less defense than they are showing now. The Heat are scoring 94.4 ppg recently (last 10) but are giving up only 85.2 ppg, for a very good average margin of victory of 9.2 ppg. The scoring minus positive margins for both teams equates to 180.6, very close to my projected 181, and all three of my methods stay under, the very highest being 189.3.
  • aegonwrlaegonwrl Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I like your write up Key however Oneal is out tonight so Indy should have their way inside with Hibbert if not Granger has been hot they can kick it out to him or Murphy or Dunleavy, I think there will be alot of good open shots for the pacers tonight who have been playing unstoppable ball at home winning I believe 8 in a row at Conseco, I look for Indy to avoid the Heat sweep and win fairly easily at home 103-95.
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    Ind has been lighting it up at home recently and I think Miami possibly wins outright tonight keeping up with them in a high scoring game.

- The 3 Referees for tonights game average total score is 201

- When Ind plays at home after 2 days rest average total score is 206

Yes I am aware of all the other stats that point toward the under, no need to remind me ... just doing my own extra research, use it to your own advantage.
  • unomas20unomas20 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    granger misses a shot at the buzzer and it goes into OT 89-89 ... hopefully we get lucky
  • The GoatThe Goat Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    still have a shot despite the OT. i hate the nba
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Ot!!!
    Weee!!!!!
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    ouch 23 pts in OT, thats definitely rough
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    Tried to steer some people towards the over or a no play, rough one with OT though.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    very rough with OT as the under was the right pick... bad luck key... bad luck!
  • tEABAGtEABAG Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Very well capped key. Under was the right play. Simply a bad beat
  • 192700192700 Member
    edited April 2010
    ChaseG wrote:
    Tried to steer some people towards the over or a no play, rough one with OT though.

man you can't help but put your foot in your mouth....
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    192700 wrote:
    man you can't help but put your foot in your mouth....
    I thought this forum was for discussion and picking winners, don't blame me for taking it on the chin.
  • truushottruushot Member
    edited April 2010
    ChaseG wrote:
    I thought this forum was for discussion and picking winners, don't blame me for taking it on the chin.

Its about your attitude. You state that you directed some to the over. THE FACT is the UNDER was the correct play. You seem to claim that you had the better pick because of the result. You where incorrect, then you come and spout off trying to prove you are smarter. It was petty and ignorant. If you don't have one, start your own recommendation thread otherwise just shut up. If you don't like the picks, make your own. I'm sure you'll have a huge following.
  • xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Even if he was right, why would he come back to the thread to say he was right? It doesn't make sense at all...