Key's NBA Line Thursday 4-1-10

KeyElementKeyElement Banned
edited April 2010 in Sports Betting
Dallas, +2, 196
Denver, +1, 197

Comments

• ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    I can't pick my nose right now, I feel like puking just having taken mets -165 and they're getting blown out by the nats. One of those streaks again. Like the blazers tonight?
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited April 2010
    The following message was left for you in yesterday's thread after you bashed yesterday's pick last night, but apparently you have not revisited that post. You like favorites, really big favorites, why ask my opinion, just bet them. BOL
    _______________________________________________________________________________

ChaseG
    , I really don't know why you bother yourself with this thread as you have overwhelming faith in huge favorites. Of course that is your choice, but I too would like to see the Knicks +20 in all or any of their road games. Going into last night the highest they had been all season was +12.5 and compiled an 8-3 ATS overall record and 7-3 ATS on the road. The two conference leaders, highly respected as probably the best teams in the league, are Cleveland and LA Lakers, who are 11-16 and 6-14 ATS as double digit favorites. Playing on double digit favorites in the NBA is financial suicide and playing on double digit dogs is a gold mine, so please let me know when you find a book that makes a -20 line on an NBA game.
  • BetSaintsBetSaints Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Good Luck today Key! Waitin on the POD
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    KeyElement wrote:
    The following message was left for you in yesterday's thread after you bashed yesterday's pick last night, but apparently you have not revisited that post. You like favorites, really big favorites, why ask my opinion, just bet them. BOL
    _______________________________________________________________________________

ChaseG
    , I really don't know why you bother yourself with this thread as you have overwhelming faith in huge favorites. Of course that is your choice, but I too would like to see the Knicks +20 in all or any of their road games. Going into last night the highest they had been all season was +12.5 and compiled an 8-3 ATS overall record and 7-3 ATS on the road. The two conference leaders, highly respected as probably the best teams in the league, are Cleveland and LA Lakers, who are 11-16 and 6-14 ATS as double digit favorites. Playing on double digit favorites in the NBA is financial suicide and playing on double digit dogs is a gold mine, so please let me know when you find a book that makes a -20 line on an NBA game.
    Didn't really mean to bash it just tried to figure out how exactly you expected the knicks to compete with the blazers. 9 out of 10 times blazers win by double digits in that situation so I'm saying not take all big favorites just don't bet on awful teams like the knicks and clippers
  • 192700192700 Member
    edited April 2010
    ChaseG wrote:
    Didn't really mean to bash it just tried to figure out how exactly you expected the knicks to compete with the blazers. 9 out of 10 times blazers win by double digits in that situation so I'm saying not take all big favorites just don't bet on awful teams like the knicks and clippers

how do you question any of Key's picks after they lose? if you don't like his pick go the other way. it's your money you make the decision but don't ask the guy why after he came up with a certain POD after he loses. you think he likes losing? from the plays i've seen (although a smallish sample) if you've been on Key's POD you're winning. plus if you know that the blazers win 90% of these kind of games .... you should have made a nice score last nite!
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    I knew mid way through the 1st it was a loser. Knicks don't try to compete
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I have made money following Key's POD. And in general I have been able to get the line Key publishes.
    Additionally, I subscribe to a service where I have usually not been able to get the published line by anywhere from 1/2 to 3 pts. but regardless I have still profitted. Nevertheless, it is clear to me that I would have done better if it were not for the 1/2 to 3 points.
    edited April 2010
    Chase, have you read the message yet? What is this "nine out of ten times the Blazers will......" ? huh? what's that? no, they won't do diddly squat "nine out of ten times"
    Like I said, you love your big favorites, go play them
    edited April 2010
    No play tonight guys, taking one off
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2010
    192700 wrote:
    how do you question any of Key's picks after they lose?

While I agree it's certainly better to question a play before the game, I don't see anything wrong with questioning a bet after the game provided it's done in a constructive manor. Most successful bettors/cappers I know question their bets after the game. Nothing wrong with post-game analysis.

As usual, this is a general comment and not meant to specifically address you, Key, or Chase.

In this case, yes, I think Chase could phrase his posts better in order to make them more productive. However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't feel free to question a pick after-the-fact.
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    Why is 11 points a huge favorite with portland at home playing the hopeless and wasteful bricks? The line should have been more towards 15 or 16 to make it a fair line. Your writeup didn't seem to be too clear on why they have a good shot at staying in the game to the end.
  • 192700192700 Member
    edited April 2010
    Goats wrote:
    While I agree it's certainly better to question a play before the game, I don't see anything wrong with questioning a bet after the game provided it's done in a constructive manor. Most successful bettors/cappers I know question their bets after the game. Nothing wrong with post-game analysis.

As usual, this is a general comment and not meant to specifically address you, Key, or Chase.

In this case, yes, I think Chase could phrase his posts better in order to make them more productive. However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't feel free to question a pick after-the-fact.

I respectfully disagree, the reasoning for the play was CLEARLY stated well before the game. This sour grapes questioning is total bullshit on Chase's part. If he liked the other side before the game then he should have played the other side. If he played Key's selection then he played it because Key gave him a complete explanation of why he liked the game. It was Chase's opportunity to question that reasoning prior to the game, not after.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    chase, if you thought that portland should've been favs by 15 or 16 and you had the line at 11 then why in the F did you bet the other way? you must have listened and believed in the write up from Key yet you are saying his write up didn't explain anything? your statements are so inconsistent its insane and personally i think you provide zero to this board... IMHO. gl though as I always wish to your degenerate style :)
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    well said newcomber
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    Denver as a 1 point dog would have been nice tonight