Betting Talk

RUDY is a scam?

blueberryblueberry Junior Member
edited September 2010 in Sports Betting
-100 units of losing results erased from his record on his site....

Comments

• beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Really? Thats too bad...
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited April 2010
    Didn't he used to post on this site and I got punished for calling him out? I don't think he was good enough to go tout.
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    IF IT IS TRUE IM VERY DISAPPOINTED...HE WAS ALWAYS UPFRONT WITH ME...w2w
  • stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    If you don't know it don't start it. My buddy just got banned for starting shit own this forum but gl to you and have a nice day.
  • SullymanSullyman Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Stewie, How long was BraveHog banned for? Say hello for me and let me know if he has his GOY this weekend, i.e. who he's own.......... Thanks.
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited April 2010
    Wow, brand new member, first post (which has to be approved by a moderator) and what does he come here for? How did he find this site and decide this is the place to post his info?

Just to set the record straight, Rudy is changing monitors for the baseball season, BUT, the pro sports monitor logo is still up and all prior records are still available, either by clicking the link or going directly to the monitor.

Ed himself
    agrees everyone should be monitored, and that there are problems inherent with all the various monitoring services, that is why he himself quit Track Picks, but Rudy has not erased any records at pro sports monitor and the logo link remains in place on the site.

Not to suggest anything, but if I were a moderator and did not already know the identity of this newbie member, I would be damn curious to find out who, with such precision timing, hiding behind a different moniker, was able to pull this off.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2010
    KeyElement wrote:
    Just to set the record straight, Rudy is changing monitors for the baseball season, BUT, the pro sports monitor logo is still up and all prior records are still available, either by clicking the link or going directly to the monitor.

Ed himself
    agrees everyone should be monitored, and that there are problems inherent with all the various monitoring services, that is why he himself quit Track Picks, but Rudy has not erased any records at pro sports monitor and the logo link remains in place on the site.

Conspiracy theories about the original poster aside, this is a pretty weak defense IMO.

If I'm understanding correctly, the record used to be displayed on the site (i.e. you didn't have to click on any monitoring service link) and now it is gone? Sorry, I'm not going to give a service credit because they erased their record and made it harder for people to find simply because it's still out there somewhere. Reputable services keep past records displayed, period.

The other site with which I am affiliated has records going all the way back to 2001. Not only are some of those ugly, but some belong to cappers who haven't even sold picks at the site for years and years. Why? Because erasing records is never a good thing and can only hurt the credibility of the service.

Just my opinion of course, touts are free to run their services however they see fit, but given that the majority of services are suspect at best, I'd want to do everything in my power to demonstrate integrity and transparency.
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited April 2010
    The question has been raised and noted about the newbie poster. Others may be curious as well. 'nuff said.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Why is he a newbie? His join date is December 07.........

I have mentioned this a few times when you guys started playing hide and go seek with your records, but it was ignored each time.....The problem I have always had is credibility, with you it is kind of confusing because when you are always changing the names of picks and the methods and whatever and then start posting records after when they are winning, but no records up to that point, it is bothersome, because you are a winning capper.......It does not seem necessary to always try to keep up such a higher image (or at least it didnt until you went tout, then it all made sense)......
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited April 2010
    Any post by someone who joined before 2009 does not have to be approved by a moderator.

The IP address does not match any other active or banned user and no rules have been broken.

I don't see any reason why any moderators, or even members, would take objection to this post.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I would be lying if I said this surprised me. Keeping an accurate record can be painful at times, especially when you want people to purchase your service and you are not doing particularly well. Record keeping and transparency were always a problem for rudy. The record may have disappeared, or found a new location, but his clients (assuming people paid him for his opinion) simply don't have the luxury of hiding or moving the 100 units. Their money is gone, prob a lesson learned from anyone who chose to pay the guy. I have always felt it's a shady industry with very few honest services, but this really hits home with a guy who let his habit of "losing" or "misplacing" records carry over from this forum to his newfound "profession".
  • therightpicktherightpick Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    yea no offense to the guy, but dont c how hes asking for money for his picks...never that good. Alls he played were run lines and overs and would have like 10 games a day
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    record thing sounds real fishy.... rudy stopped keeping records here for a reason......... its called losing..

gluck
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I like Key a lot and respect his opinion in the NBA but Rudy is a straight up fraud and I honestly think he should not be charging anyone for those picks. his record disappeared in bases last year when everyone dropped money, he'd have like a 6-4 day and say rudy is starting to heat up start tailing and then he'd proceed to go 1-6 the next day. never understood the hype.
  • LUCKY777LUCKY777 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    If you're not up to the challenge of handicapping the games, stay out of here. That should be the first rule.
  • HelfDogHelfDog Banned
    edited April 2010
    i have followed rudy last year was not his year you fade him ull be sorry overall very knowledgeable

last year he gave plays if u played them all ur sick but if u capp he was solid if ur plays agreed with his

you all just come on here and follow ur destined for doom
  • PeayManiaPeayMania Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    My biggest things with his plays was when everyone was criticizing him his response was if you played them like i did in a 4 team paraly you would have won money. It just so happened the 4 games he picked was the 4 he hit out of 12.
  • stonedraiderstonedraider Banned
    edited April 2010
    (User banned for having duplicate IP/e-mail as another user.)
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I for one will miss that dude here. He made me a ton. I mean a sh_tload, of money over the years. and I know he did the same for others. Last year was an off year for him. Most cappers have off years, Edward is the exception. What amazes me is that those peeps who followed him blind and did not compare to there picks are here bashes the guy. Make your own picks and then compare to any capper you follow. It's your money you are gambling with.

Besides this is not about whining tailing losers. Its abourt record keeping. I see nothing wrong with what Rudy did. He is simply segrating his strenth in baseball from other sports. he continues to use a monitor. Speaking of record keeping, why aren't all you guys all over a guy here who wipes out his record on March 20 stating its a new year? What is he Chinese or somkething? Why is a moderator who stunk in football allowed to drop his record when he gave up on football and continued with just baskets? Don't the rules state different.

Get with program. Make your own picks and compare like I do.

I'm assuming you are talking about jakenhl re-starting his record a week or so ago. Pretty sure he was up roughly 20 or so units and re-started as he stated that is the date he always has. Would you prefer him to include the additional 20 or so units in his record now, or would that simply defeat what was already one of the most poorly laid out arguments I have seen? Was he trying to "hide" his +20 units? I'm not sure what jakenhl's ethnicity is and I don't think that's relevant. Pretty sure if Rudy was +100 units, or up 5 units for that matter, he would not have conveniently found a new montioring service. I'm just surprised that he dropped his record already, normally that came when A. He stopped getting his desired attention when football started. B. He simply didn't have time to update his record. C. He realized that after a 4-8 day he can't come on here and say he did some round robin garbage and made x amount of units and everyone should know that's how you bet baseball. I doubt many are surprised he stopped keeping a record, he did that for year after year here on BT. That fact of the matter is he was -100 units and the record disappeared and now you, he or anyone else can spin it however you choose to make it seem like this is a professional thing to do.

I'm assuming you are talking about me dropping my football record and then posting basketball..? Traditionally, when a particular season ends (i.e. after the BCS Nat'l Title) I stop posting NCAAF plays and in turn keeping an NCAAF record for that season. You will notice that my final record update and final thoughts are posted around the same time I returned home from Pasadena. Maybe you aren't even talking about me, who knows, I'm having trouble taking you seriously. It's pretty apparent you have problems connecting the dots in certain siruations so hopefully this will help you get a better grip on reality.
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    amen Horn. I dont know what the hell that guy was talking about.
  • blueberryblueberry Junior Member
    edited April 2010
    Seems to be a pattern??? At first "Record Since January 1, 2010" was always on the home page... After a big losing run all of it got moved to the about us page... Now it just has "2010 MLB Record" with all zeros... RUDY's -100 units of losses since January 1, 2010 is nowhere on the site... Something aint right... How do people get away with this???
  • scott_baioscott_baio Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    unfortunately it the tout industry deception such as this is the norm as opposed to the exception.

Rudy is certainly not the first tout to do this.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Agreed that it SHOULD be there, and not everyone is as good as Ed( and as reputable/famous), but if you were trying to get new customers, and thought you were going to get better as time goes on, WOULD YOU ADVERTISE A BAD RUN ON YOUR FRONT PAGE? NO!!!

It's a business, why hurt his own business? If he builds up his rep, and gets 500 customers, and STILL does it.....OK time to cry foul, but it's a new business.

Ed and his site are completely transparent because he is VERY VERY good at what he does, and money management. Other cappers can learn alot from what he does, but it takes time.

I have never followed a Rudy play once in my life because I don't bet baseball, but he's partnered with someone who's plays I follow quite regularly, and appreciate. I wish them well, and hope that someday they will be ABLE TO BE as transparent as Right Angle is. His service is the Gold standard, but Im sure it wasn't overnight.
  • scott_baioscott_baio Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    BigPerm, so its ok to purposely lie and deceice clientle, but only in the beginnings of his business? Is this what you're saying?

If so i'm not buying it. That's of course why he is doing it, but it is no way, shape or form right.

This intentional and misleading misrepresentation is exactly why touts have such a bad name.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2010
    BigPerm wrote:
    Agreed that it SHOULD be there, and not everyone is as good as Ed( and as reputable/famous), but if you were trying to get new customers, and thought you were going to get better as time goes on, WOULD YOU ADVERTISE A BAD RUN ON YOUR FRONT PAGE? NO!!!

I would certainly list it somewhere (a records page perhaps), not erase it so no one can see how badly I've done without going to a 3rd party monitor to find it. If you expect to do better in the future or in a different sport, then your more recent results will reflect that.

Basically, you're saying it's OK for a service to hide their past records b/c they might be bad for business. That shows zero integrity and is a HUGE RED FLAG. I wouldn't even consider going near a service that participates in such practices.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh no, don't mis-understand me. I believe I clearly said the results SHOULD be there, but Im just telling you that I BELIEVE the past results are "put away" because people are less likely to sign up when LOSING RESULTS are posted on the home page.

I haven't been to the site, and I don't know where they were/are.

Im saying to you Scott....if it was your site, I think you'd do the same thing....Right or wrong.

Again, that is why RAS is the gold standard.
  • MikeNyceMikeNyce Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Ask them how they did before they started monitoring picks on Jan 1st? I believe they were getting murdered. I know someone who had been following the plays before Jan 1st and got buried!
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    BigPerm wrote:
    Oh no, don't mis-understand me. I believe I clearly said the results SHOULD be there, but Im just telling you that I BELIEVE the past results are "put away" because people are less likely to sign up when LOSING RESULTS are posted on the home page.

I haven't been to the site, and I don't know where they were/are.

Im saying to you Scott....if it was your site, I think you'd do the same thing....Right or wrong.

Again, that is why RAS is the gold standard.

Why should someone with zero credibility as a tout deserve business? Sure, erasing the record probably will help him get more customers, but it is highly deceitful/unethical. His actions are strictly for personal gain. The fact of the matter is services like RAS (and even a few lesser services) have earned so many customers through years and years of proven profitability. Rudy has nothing of the sort, in fact all he has proven is he is incapable of generating profits with his picks thus far. He's just looking out for numero uno...
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    MikeNyce wrote:
    Ask them how they did before they started monitoring picks on Jan 1st? I believe they were getting murdered. I know someone who had been following the plays before Jan 1st and got buried!

Amusingly, what happened before they were monitored is worse than what they did now.....A very good October was promoted all of November, as they got crushed in the month of November.....Come December, they still discussed Octobers record, made no mention of the awful November, until the end of the month (another terrible month) in which they switched record keeping and started the New Year at 0-0......so if you are keeping score at home that is three months of publicity for 1 good month, and absolutely no mention of an awful November or December at any point....Fast forward to April, where after three months of record keeping, once things got ugly, the records reset again.....

This seems to be quite a pattern.......but I guess it is okay if they are just being deceptive to fool people into buying their service......
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Can anyone explain to me why anyone would waste money for RUDY's picks?
This discussion has been closed.