Betting Talk

Fearless 2010 MLB Predictions

BetATLBetATL Super Moderator
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for some bases. I haven't been posting a lot lately but looking to get back into the swing of things (no pun intended) as baseball season rolls back around. With opening day less than a week away I wanted to post some predictions and thoughts for the 2010 season. Last year I think I was pretty bad on these so feel free to tear them apart...

Playoffs

AL East - Yankees
AL Central - Twins
AL West - Angels
Wildcard - Red Sox

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Giants
Wildcard - Braves

Divisional Round:

Yankees defeat Angels
Red Sox defeat Twins

Braves defeat Cardinals
Giantsdefeat Phillies

League Championship Round:

Yankees defeat Red Sox
Braves defeat Giants

World Series:

Braves defeat Yankees in 7

Awards

AL MVP - Mark Texiera
AL Cy Young - Felix Hernandez
AL Rookie of the Year - Neftalie Feliz
Breakout Players - Alex Rios

NL MVP - Albert Pujols
NL Cy Young - Roy Halladay
NL Rookie of the Year - Jason Heyward
Breakout Players - Yunel Escobar

Predictions

Johnny Damon won't hit 15 HR's
Tim Hudson will have 15+ wins
Jacoby Elisbury will have 70 SB
Jason Heyward will be the best bat on the Braves
Rangers will fire Ron Washington
Tim Lincecum will be injured for a significant portion of the season
C.C Sabathia will win 20+ games
The Yankees will win 105+ games
Barry Bonds will admit to steroid use
Albert Pujols will be linked to steroids at some point this season
The Padres will win less than 65 games this season
Adrian Gonzalez will be the big trade to the All-Star Break
Carlos Pena will be traded at the All-Star Break

Will try and add more as the week goes on. Feel free to add some or bash way...

Comments

• brmapesbrmapes Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I'll give you +125 on CC OVER 19.5 wins

I hope we're right on Hudson, ended up with him on all 4 of my fantasy teams

I'll try and come up with a few
  • BettorThenMeBettorThenMe Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    looking at your predictions, you wouldn't be a braves fan would you?
  • BetATLBetATL Super Moderator
    edited March 2010
    looking at your predictions, you wouldn't be a braves fan would you?

Maybe a little bit of bias...
  • CLE-MIKECLE-MIKE Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Like the baseball talk.
    What are your thoughts on the tribe this year. I got them making some noise and possibly making a run at the divsion title.
  • warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    one thing is you dont have the dodgers or the rockies in they are two solid teams
    edited March 2010
    Brmapes' Off the Wall MLB Predictions

Giants will win the NL Pennant (hopefully over Atlanta)
    Pablo Sandoval wins the NL Batting Title
    Brett Anderson finishes in the top 5 of AL Cy Young Voting
    Rangers never figure out what to do with Feliz and he doesn't win AL Rookie of the Year
    Chipper Jones plays 140 games
    Billy Wagner leads the majors in saves
    Adam Lind becomes the best player no knows about (The Vlad Guerrero Expos Award)
    The Rays bounce back and win the AL East
    Jorge de la Rosa and Johnathan Sanchez will each strike out 200+
    Roy Halladay will throw a no-hitter
  • madman8596madman8596 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I can tell you one play that has been very good the last 12 years. Take the Baltimore Orioles under total wins for the season. The usually finish a good 10+ under what the total is. I don't see this year being any different with the absolutely horrible excuse for pitching they have!
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    madman8596 wrote:
    I can tell you one play that has been very good the last 12 years. Take the Baltimore Orioles under total wins for the season. The usually finish a good 10+ under what the total is. I don't see this year being any different with the absolutely horrible excuse for pitching they have!

agree

Jeremy Guthrie is straight up garbage, the only way he could compete against the yanks and try to win games is injure them all with his lack of control

almost hurt Tex today...
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited March 2010
    I keep a pretty open mind until things develop, but I will say that barring injury or a phenomenal year by someone else, Roy Halladay for NL Cy Young should happen. The Braves might be a stretch, but it's a long season and anything can happen. They may not look like it now, but keep an eye on the Brewers in the NL Central. CLE-Mike, you need to get off whatever your smoking buddy. If the Tribe gets anywhere close to the top of they division they will unload every guy that got them there. Rebuilding is not a phase with the Tribe, it is a permanent business plan. :)
  • CLE-MIKECLE-MIKE Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I I know my prediction might be a little home town based and winning the division might be a stretch, but i really do think they will be way more competitive this year, and will fight for tops in the division. I know it is spring training but all the key guys are swinging the bat extremely well. And you have to be impressed with the way the starting rotation has been throwing the ball. It all comes down the the bullpen, which should be much improved. The years were no one give the tribe a chance are the ones were we play better.
    edited March 2010
    one thing is you dont have the dodgers or the rockies in they are two solid teams

I think the Rockies have one of the best lineups in baseball. That being said there are some major concerns with the Rockies pitching. Mainly the health of Huston Street and can Jeff Francis return to 2007 form after a bad 2008 season and missing all of the 2009 season. Think De La Rosa can be a big part of their success.

Dodgers may be the obvious pick here. They have great middle of the order lineup, good pitching depth and Broxton to close things out.

Certainly any of these teams could win the West I'm just going with the Giants as I like the moves they made with their lineup and think their pitching can be very good this year.
    edited March 2010
    CLE-MIKE wrote:
    Like the baseball talk.
    What are your thoughts on the tribe this year. I got them making some noise and possibly making a run at the divsion title.

CLE-Mike, I have a good buddy down here in Atlanta that is an die hard Indians fan so I've gotten the "watch out for the Indians" speech the last few years.

My problem with the Indians making a big move is the division they're in. I think this is the year the Royals finally get out of the cellar and make a move at least until the All-Star Break. The Tigers are pretty solid as are the Twins and the White Sox.

That being said there are just way too many questions surrounding this team. Can Kerry Wood anchor the pen? Can Carmona step up to where he was a few years ago? Can Sizemore/Hafner get back on track? Can Westbrook rebound from TJ surgery?...

If all these answers are yes then this team has a lot of young talent but that's a lot of IF's
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I think you are dramatically overestimating the ability of the Braves to score runs this season......
    edited March 2010
    HowardBeal wrote:
    I think you are dramatically overestimating the ability of the Braves to score runs this season......

I think you are dramatically underestimating by homerness....
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited March 2010
  • zhp2m3zhp2m3 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I admit....that was pretty good Horn.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited March 2010
    zhp2m3 wrote:
    I admit....that was pretty good Horn.

Should have several mid-season updates from the studio
    edited October 2010
    Just a fun bump reminder who gave everyone the Giants winning the NL Pennant 20-1 before the season and Halladay did get that no-hitter not just a perfect game haha

Bad call by me on Adam Lind though