Betting Talk

This Iowa team keeps.....

HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
edited October 2009 in Sports Betting
winning close (sometimes miraculous) games over crappy teams and they have an abysmal offense......

Sounds like the next Big Ten Representative in the National Title Game!!!!!!!!

(talk about stealing the ohio state game plan)

Comments

• VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Should be an interesting Rose Bowl...NOT!

Iowa vs. USC is gonna get ugly.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Should be an interesting Rose Bowl...NOT!

Iowa vs. USC is gonna get ugly.

I like the UNDER if it's in the 40's..
    edited October 2009
    I'll roll with that.

USC 38 Iowa 0
  • GMoney8GMoney8 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    USC would roll Iowa, worst than the last two Rose Bowls.
  • retrieverretriever Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, no west coast bias to these comments. USC squeaks by Ore St 42-36 AT HOME! After squeaking by the vaunted Irish the week before. But yes I know: "SC has the best talent and everyone knows that. Why even play the game"??
    edited October 2009
    No west coast bias here retriever. I live in Vegas but I'm an East Coast boy, I hate USC.

I'm pulling for Cincy to make the National Title game.
  • DamonJones19DamonJones19 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    USC isn't going to make it past next week...Oregon has found their stride.
  • GMoney8GMoney8 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    God I hope not. I hate USC but they are the best hope for the PAC-10. They need to roll the Quack to get rid of any talk of Boise St due to Boise's win over the Quack.
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    I'll roll with that.

USC 38 Iowa 0

Hey Vegas I guess you have not seen Iowa's defense. Tell you what I think I would like to take Iowa +35 and give you a field goal for even money. Hell I'll do you one better I will give you ANY team in the country and you give me 35 points against Iowa. 38-0 make some sense.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    One of these days you guys will get the idea that defense wins football games. USC lost to washington. Every week some school hangs 30 on them. No 94 on Iowa is a beast he is the best DE in college football. Big ten gets a bad rap here because Ohio State lost some big games the past couple years. Penn Stae would smash your cougs too Howie. Along with a few others in the big ten.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    After seeing Iowa's miraculous win over 1-AA Northern Iowa, and then dominate the rest of the conference, how can you even try to defend this?

Is it because Northern is tougher than half of these Big Ten schools? Iowa would be 4-4 in teh Big East
  • retrieverretriever Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Gee, let's see. Because they haven't lost yet and find ways to win? You're close though: NORTHERN IOWA would be 4-4 in the Big Least
  • DRockDRock Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    If it is Iowa-USC in the Rose Bowl, don't underestimate Iowa's D and USC's freshman QB situation. Hasn't
    USC played close games with mediocre teams like Washington, Notre Dame, and Oregon State? USC is highly overrated this year. That would be a great game.
  • hawk17hawk17 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    We had a lot better team in 2002-2003 when we faced USC and got smashed 38-17, and that's even with us returning the opening kickoff back for a td. But that was vs heisman Carson Palmer, this year obviously different vs a frosh qb. It would be interesting for sure, I can definately understand the skepticism.
  • oduxodux Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    This is funny, again. Just ask Ohio ST about that Frosh QB?? The big Ten talks this garbage every year with the same results.... FLA, LSU, USC and even Oregon just flat out athlete you to death. Those cock strong midwest players just cannot deal with the speed and athleticism of the elite programs( even NEB and OKLA went away from that style of play and they WERE the best at that style) Iowa defense looks great against non-offensive teams. Talk smack when they play and beat a team with an offense the likes of USC, FLA, TX, etc... even Oregon
  • KRH7KRH7 Member
    edited October 2009
    hawk17 wrote:
    We had a lot better team in 2002-2003 when we faced USC and got smashed 38-17, and that's even with us returning the opening kickoff back for a td. But that was vs heisman Carson Palmer, this year obviously different vs a frosh qb. It would be interesting for sure, I can definately understand the skepticism.

that was also prob the best USC team ever under pete. should have been in the title game that year.

iowa never gets any respect on forums b/c they aren't flashy. even though they have beaten florida, lsu, south carolina, and played within 7 points of texas in their last bunch of bowl games.
  • bluechipbluechip Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    odux wrote:
    This is funny, again. Just ask Ohio ST about that Frosh QB?? The big Ten talks this garbage every year with the same results.... FLA, LSU, USC and even Oregon just flat out athlete you to death. Those cock strong midwest players just cannot deal with the speed and athleticism of the elite programs( even NEB and OKLA went away from that style of play and they WERE the best at that style) Iowa defense looks great against non-offensive teams. Talk smack when they play and beat a team with an offense the likes of USC, FLA, TX, etc... even Oregon

Ohio State played Texas three times in the last few years including last year. VY beat them in the last minute, OSU rolled them in Texas and last year Colt McCoy beat them in the last minute. This year USC pulled it out in the last minute.

Don't hand me that speed crap. As far as Oklahoma goes when have they won a big game recentkly and Nebraska, give me a break.
  • oduxodux Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you even read the post? Moron... I said even Neb and OKLA went away from that style

AND we are discussing the BIG game and being able to compete not just be there. . Name the last BIG game a Big Ten team won?????
  • duke12345duke12345 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    It was pretty comical. The infamous football jesus posted on his twitter that he was right all along and that Iowa was garbage and the Spartans exposed them and won. Then Stanzi throws a td as time expires and his twitter post disappears....
  • KRH7KRH7 Member
    edited October 2009
    duke12345 wrote:
    It was pretty comical. The infamous football jesus posted on his twitter that he was right all along and that Iowa was garbage and the Spartans exposed them and won. Then Stanzi throws a td as time expires and his twitter post disappears....

thats great. football jesus is garbage, bettingjesus is the man.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    well this should just about end that discussion....
  • DaJuiceDaJuice Banned
    edited October 2009
    you should say this over, and over, and over , and..............
    Bookbraker wrote:
    Big ten gets a bad rap here because Ohio State lost some big games the past couple years.
  • MorckMorck Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    I cant believe it....they couldnt just stop that last touchdown