Betting Talk

Notable Line Change

AAASportsAAASports Banned
edited September 2009 in Sports Betting
UNLV opened as high as -6 earlier this week and is now -3 at some books. Anyone know what is going on there?

Comments

• hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2009
    My only guess is that it was in anticipation of the total release and they realized there may not be 6 points scored in the game!

Seriously though, I don't know. But anytime I see big moves involving MAC teams or Nevada based teams, I either hop on board and follow the money or I run.. I'm going for a jog now.
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited September 2009
    horn wrote:
    My only guess is that it was in anticipation of the total release and they realized there may not be 6 points scored in the game!

Seriously though, I don't know. But anytime I see big moves involving MAC teams or Nevada based teams, I either hop on board and follow the money or I run.. I'm going for a jog now.

Lol...yeah, probably a smart thing to do...I do see that the Runnin Rebels have some injuries, and at least one with the Flu...Was thinking Flu Bug scare but don't know enough about UNLV Program to know for sure...
    edited September 2009
    I haven't heard anything. I'll let you know if I do hear anything and hoefully you can do the same. Maybe the line moves are sayin it's gonna be a tough week to be a Rebel? :)
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Looked at website and no report of flu outbreak. Clayton (QB) was questionable for Hawaii but played. Could be that UNLV has lost 19 straight MWC road games. Wyoming to start new freshman QB. Movement doesn't make sense on paper.

Fishboom
    edited September 2009
    I do know Wyoming's offense is as bad as usual but they are good on the DL at least , I give Laramie a strong HFA rating. believe they had quite a reputation at home in year's past with the former Purdue HC at the helm. Maybe it's Wyoming's return to power
    edited September 2009
    horn wrote:
    I haven't heard anything. I'll let you know if I do hear anything and hoefully you can do the same. Maybe the line moves are sayin it's gonna be a tough week to be a Rebel? :)

SmartAss!!

I am going to call my friend out there in Reno...Frank is usually up to snuff on the Nevada Teams...
    edited September 2009
    AAASports wrote:
    SmartAss!!

I am going to call my friend out there in Reno...Frank is usually up to snuff on the Nevada Teams...

lol, sharp as a tack! Keep us up to speed.
  • VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    UNLV Alum and follow them fairly close but I haven't heard any big news out if Rebs camp this week. QB is alright and might be on injury report, but expects to be all good. Interesting movement for sure. Keeping an eye on service releases
    edited September 2009
    UNLV has been getting roughly 60% of the betting. :wonder:
  • spareshooterspareshooter Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    QB and WR questionable for game with flu
  • BettorThenMeBettorThenMe Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    QB and WR questionable for game with flu
    i would prefer clausen to play over clayton personally, the kid would have won the oregon st. game for rebs if not for a bogus pass interference call against defense. not to mention he competes over 75 percent of his passes with 2 td's and no picks. i know it is a small sample size, but he just looked real poised against the beavers in relief while clayton really struggled. if the receiver is wolfe or payne then we could have a problem.
    edited September 2009
    <TABLE class=free><TBODY><TR class=data1left><TD>2009-09-23</TD><TD>TE</TD><TD>Kyle Watkins</TD><TD>Back</TD><TD>is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Wyoming</TD></TR><TR class=data1left><TD>2009-09-23</TD><TD>OG</TD><TD>Sean Tesoro</TD><TD>Ankle</TD><TD>out for season</TD></TR><TR class=data1left><TD>2009-09-23</TD><TD>WR</TD><TD>Phillip Payne</TD><TD>Flu</TD><TD>"?" Saturday vs. Wyoming</TD></TR><TR class=data1left><TD>2009-09-23</TD><TD>WR</TD><TD>Rodelin Anthony</TD><TD>Concussion</TD><TD>is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Wyoming</TD></TR><TR class=data1left><TD>2009-09-22</TD><TD>SS</TD><TD>Alex DeGiacomo</TD><TD>Hamstring</TD><TD>"?" Saturday vs. Wyoming</TD></TR><TR class=data1left><TD>2009-09-22</TD><TD>S</TD><TD>Marquel Martin</TD><TD>Concussion</TD><TD>doubtful Saturday vs. Wyoming</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  • ar182ar182 Member
    edited September 2009
    AAASports wrote:
    UNLV opened as high as -6 earlier this week and is now -3 at some books. Anyone know what is going on there?

i'm pretty sure that bookmaker's opening line on the game was unlv-3.5.....
    edited September 2009
    ar182 wrote:
    i'm pretty sure that bookmaker's opening line on the game was unlv-3.5.....

Yes it was...and moved up quickly to 5.5...Greek opened 6 and others at 5.5...now 3 to 3.5 everywhere..
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited September 2009
    A. Someone realized "hey, this is UNLV we are talking about" or
    B. Someone realized Laramie is a 6,000 ft. elevation, easy to run out of gas there or
    C. Check probable winds, very open stadium and Laramie is also windy in the Fall, radically different climate conditions than Las Vegas, no piece of cake to play there.
  • vseadervseader Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    was at game......UNLV and Hawaii....both looked horrible...also Paine with flu? wow...no more than 3 pts
  • joegeejoegee Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    UNLV hasn't won a MWC road game since Oct 8, 2004
  • FrankOBeansFrankOBeans Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    So whats the verdict? whats the winner here?