Betting Talk

Introducing new site moderator: Goats

RightAngleRightAngle Admin
edited September 2009 in Sports Betting
Some may recognize his username from other sites, one of which he has moderated at for several years. He successfully gambles for a living and I expect him to a be a great addition to this site. I hope all of you will give him a nice welcome.

Edward

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Edward.

I'm happy to be here and look forward to contributing in any way I can.

For those unfamiliar with me (probably most of you), I'll post a little bit about myself later on in this thread.

Just try to go easy on the new guy while I get acclimated. Thanks again!

Goats
  • Dgates21Dgates21 Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Welcome Goats
  • Owens81Owens81 Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Get it on GOATS
  • DaJuiceDaJuice Banned
    edited August 2009
    congrats foo! you better not post losers, and if you do? edit that shit!
    edited August 2009
    For anyone who might be interested, he’s a little bit of information about my past and present as it relates to the sports betting industry…

My sports betting career began almost a decade ago, while I was an avid fantasy basketball player. Some acquaintances I had made through an online fantasy league had stumbled upon a way to use their knowledge of NBA player stats to profit from offshore sports betting. I was soon introduced to the world of proposition betting. I sent $500 to some far away place in the Caribbean and, unbeknownst to me at the time, began a journey that would ultimately lead to a career.

I bet nothing but NBA player props for about a year and watched as my $500 grew exponentially. Around this time, I decided to take a look at NFL betting. This sport piqued my interest above all others because of the “key numbers” that a bettor could utilize to guide him in his wagering decisions. I began posting my picks in an online forum to see how I would stack up, and much to my surprise, I went 35-22-3 for 61.4% in my first season. Did I get lucky? Would I be able to beat the NFL long-term? Only time would tell. In the meantime, I continued to fire away at NBA player props and added NFL player props to my arsenal as well. The following year, I also began betting the picks of some well-respected handicappers.

Fast forward to 2009 and, well, not a lot has changed in terms of my betting. I still focus on NBA and NFL player props, as well as NFL sides, and I still follow cappers that I respect (like Edward of course) in non-NFL sports. I’ve gone through many ups and downs, but the peaks have more than made up for the valleys. Over the years, of course some things have changed. In addition to having just become a moderator here at BettingTalk.com, I have been the site administrator of SharpSportsBetting.com since 2004. While sports betting now provides the majority of my income, I love my other jobs. Various sports betting forums played a significant role in my development as a sports bettor and continue to do so today. Because of this, I thoroughly enjoy making the forums I work with the best they can be as well as helping visitors gain as much from those sites as I have.

Once again, I’d like to thank Edward for this opportunity and I look forward to getting to know the posters here as well as contributing whatever I can to make this forum even better!

Goats
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Welcome to the site, Goats. Glad to have you here and look forward to your contributions.
  • Big DogBig Dog Banned
    edited August 2009
    Welcome Goats. Wondering how you came up with the user name. Unusual.
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited August 2009
    Just remember Goats, I don't have to follow rules. Have fun here...
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    nice knowing ya goats.. 2nd post you already broke the rules, lol

gluck
  • kinner12kinner12 Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Welcome and good luck!

Kinner
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Welcome aboard. All the best of luck.

--Wynn
  • jw118877jw118877 Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Welcome. Looking forward to your player props and insight.
  • SwimfliSwimfli Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Welcome - if you are making a living in this game, you obviously are good.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    A nite here in the trailer park and the name sticks!!!

Welcome Goats

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I heard it was a wild one

Good Luck and Make $:thumbup2:
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Big Dog: The handle is an old high school nickname, not that exciting actually. My parents owned horses and kept goats with the horses. Some friends were over my place one day, got a little inebriated, found the goats humerous, started calling me 'Goats', and it stuck.

Swimfli: I'm just sharp enough to grind out a living, but I'm not all that successful as far as professional gamblers goes. I have modest goals though, so as long as it keeps paying the bills, I'm content. :thumbup1:

Goats
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    From Blazing Saddles---A hearty Welcome!
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Welcome!
    Don't know what a moderator does, but hope you have fun!

Hope no one is crazy!
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited August 2009
    Good luck goats
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Welcome. But out of curiousity, what makes someone who has never posted here before, decide they want to become a "super moderator" ? Unless of course the pay is that good. I am understanding you were a "moderator" at other sites...but what brought you here. I mean what made you wake up today and say : "I think I want to be a "super moderator" over at bettingtalk."
    Just curious as how this came about.

Good Luck!!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2009
    It was my idea. I asked him to.
  • vseadervseader Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    GrapeApe wrote:
    Welcome. But out of curiousity, what makes someone who has never posted here before, decide they want to become a "super moderator" ? Unless of course the pay is that good. I am understanding you were a "moderator" at other sites...but what brought you here. I mean what made you wake up today and say : "I think I want to be a "super moderator" over at bettingtalk."
    Just curious as how this came about.

Good Luck!!
    great to have you on board....can use all the help I can get.......good luck
    edited August 2009
    RightAngle wrote:
    It was my idea. I asked him to.

Thanks. I was curious as to how it works...
  • Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited August 2009
    Welcome to the board Goat, Hope you have good success and can give us some winners....
    edited August 2009
    Gator101 wrote:
    Welcome to the board Goat, Hope you have good success and can give us some winners....

I have enough trouble finding winners to begin with, lol, there are far better sources than I for those.

In all seriousness, I hope to share more in the way of the basics of sharp betting as opposed to recreational betting, general advice, and constructive critcism than the posting of actual picks.

Goats
  • hoopsguyhoopsguy Banned
    edited August 2009
    Are you still posting at SharpSportsBetting.com?
    edited August 2009
    hoopsguy wrote:
    Are you still posting at SharpSportsBetting.com?

And what is this? Are you telling me I would have to pay to go into a forum? or are these for picks?

PRICING
    NFL Box Seats: $199 ($39/month)
    CFB Box Seats: $149 ($39/month)
    NFL/CFB Combo: $279 ($69/month)
    NBA Box Seats: $199 ($39/month)
    CBB Box Seats: $149 ($39/month)
    NBA/CBB Combo: $279 ($69/month)
    NHL Box Seats: $149 ($29/month)
    Triple Crown Box Seats: $49
    MVP (All 6 Sports + MVP General): $499 ($79/month)
    Here are the 2009-10 hosts and their posted records at SSB:
  • hotlantahotlanta Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

Good luck Goats..........
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2009
    GrapeApe wrote:
    And what is this? Are you telling me I would have to pay to go into a forum? or are these for picks?

SSB has free forums. The paid forums are where picks are posted from the specialty hosts, so in essence you are paying for picks, not to use forums.
    edited September 2009
    Edward's answer is correct.... and yes, I am still the site administrator and an NFL Host at SSB.

While it may seem to be a bit awkward to be helping moderate this site while still running SSB, Edward and I have discussed the issues and he's obviously ok with it.

That said, just to make it clear to the BettingTalk community, I'm here to help with this site, not drum up business for or discuss SSB. So if at all possible, let's leave that topic alone.

Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Big DogBig Dog Banned
    edited September 2009
    In all seriousness, I hope to share more in the way of the basics of sharp betting as opposed to recreational betting, general advice, and constructive critcism than the posting of actual picks.

Goats

Thanks Goats. I, for one, will really appreciate any help I can get in this area. We recenently had someone from Europe (Lusser) who tried to help but I think he gave up due to lack of interest. I was very disappointed when he quit posting.