Betting Talk

Belmont Stakes Help!?!?

creamcream Senior Member
edited June 2009 in Sports Betting
Guys, I have very little knowledge on horse racing, so bear with me. I played this Trifecta Box with a local (online) and hit. $3 Trifecta Box so total bet $18. Just got home thinking I would have won something like $450 (since a $2 Trifecta paid $295). However, my account shows I only won $135.......

Can someone shed some light on why the payout is so low (has something to do with my local?!?!?!). Haven't check with the local yet, but dying to know why just $135....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=TrGameEven1><TD vAlign=top align=left>Racing ticket #110188
Jun-06 BEL R11 3.00 USD TRX 2,4,7
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>
18.00 / 0.00
.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>WIN

.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>06/06/2009</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comments

• SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    I would guess it has something to do with the local.

Just because the payout at the tracks and most online books was $295 for a $2 Tri doesnt mean everyone has to pay out that amount. Maybe the payout is based on that websites pool of money that they take in for the race.
  • creamcream Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Snake. A friend of mine said the same thing you did..... I am still hoping they made some sort of error, but sounds like you guys are right...... Hate to complain about a win, but if this is true, F*&$!!!!!!!!!!
  • vseadervseader Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    even some of the offshore books dont pay full value on the horses........big differences in the
    payout....
  • gatch333gatch333 Banned
    edited June 2009
    thats why u have to go with tvg or a OTB because they go with the whole pool and thus you get the real payout