CC Sabathia to the Yankees!

BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
edited December 2008 in Sports Betting
7 years 160 Million

I hope he goes 6-15 next year with a 7.78 era

Comments

• georgesteelegeorgesteele Banned
    edited December 2008
    Why? Are you jealous? I am a Yankee fan, and I did not want CC, but I do hope he is going to be good.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Jealous......no

Just dont like:

1. Him
    2.The Yankees
    edited December 2008
    Another thing:

This guy should be paid more than Santana? No way

CC will make 22+ MILLION per year.

I am a registered nurse.....I made 63,000 this year so far(I work alot of OT to get there). So I'll make 68,000 this year.

I just SAVED SOMEBODIES LIFE YESTERDAY......SERIOUSLY.......CPR, CENTRAL LINE, INTUBATION, COUNTLESS DRUGS. It took everything we had to save her.......YET......

If I do this for 10 years more.....I'll have earned.......750,000(raises, ect)

100 more years.......7.5 mill
    200 more......15 mill
    300 more years of this, and I'll make 22.5 million.....or WHAT CC OVER-RATED MAKES IN 1 YEAR.
  • doc714doc714 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    the rich get richer. i hate the yankees. baseball needs a salary cap so my pirater can compete. clemente and stargell..... those were the days...rip
  • NemaNema Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Amen Thunderstorm. He will be over 400 lbs after a few nights out in NY. This means nothing as their rotation is still in flux. I thought Hughes and Kennedy were suppose to be saviors but they are nothing more than blowhards.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    this is just awesome....the guy had a deal on the table a month ago for 140 mill....it is clear he really didnt want to play in NY, since that original deal was 40 M more than any other team offered, and he didnt jump, and was he really holding out for this extra 20M? maybe. i still dont believe hes gonna do well....the guy doesnt wanna be there....hope that extra 20 M makes him feel better when hes getting pounded by NY media and hating his life 2.5 yrs into the deal. than again, ill hate my life for 160M any day.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited December 2008
    If you think he isn't any good or won't be good once a Yankee, then you should love the deal.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Damn, i thought the bucco's had a shot
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    i heard htey offered 3 years, 37,000 and a free gateway clipper pass
    edited December 2008
    I hate it when people complain about what an athlete makes. Usually that comes from a little bit of jealousy or resentment. Maybe you were a decent high school athlete, or wish you were, but you know why aren't you complaining about Tom First, Gary Dahl, or John Paul DeJoria. They made 10x what Sabathia made and people don't complain about CEO's or anything like that. You chose your profession, and I have to imagine that you knew how much you would make.
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited December 2008
    give me John Lester for $421,000 a year any day.

Yankees more concerned with being a team that "wins" in the offseason as opposed to winning in the regular season. This has "not going to be worth it" written all over it.
    love it.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited December 2008
    I hate it when people complain about what an athlete makes. Usually that comes from a little bit of jealousy or resentment. Maybe you were a decent high school athlete, or wish you were, but you know why aren't you complaining about Tom First, Gary Dahl, or John Paul DeJoria. They made 10x what Sabathia made and people don't complain about CEO's or anything like that. You chose your profession, and I have to imagine that you knew how much you would make.

ding ding ding! show him what's he's won.....
  • pat2000pat2000 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I have no problem with what I make or what Sabathia makes, but I do have a problem with Sabathia, I hope he fails, and this is why.

He wanted to play on the West Coast. He stated that he wanted to play on the West Coast and stated that he didn't want to play in New York?

Sooooo, he sold out, apparently 125 million or whatever he would have made on the West Coast wasn't enough!

I hope the New York media eats him alive and he isn't mentally strong enough to handle it!

That is my problem and my hope!

Sorry to all of the Yankee fans out there. It isn't about my feelings toward the Yankees. It is more about the greed of an athlete and agent that sacrificed a player's personal desire because the 120 million or so isn't enough? Give me a break! It is more money than he will ever need.

I was playing golf with a high paid Rockies pitcher this summer, and when the subject of having a wager on the round, he didn't gamble on the golf course. When the guys gave him a hard time, he said he already had all the money he needed. Why would he gamble on golf.

The guy did not have a great year this year, but I thought that was a great statement that showed he had his head on straight!
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I agree georgesteele. You are what you choose in life. Why do athlete's make so much money? There is a market for it. Do you think owners like to give out money? Owners are smart people.
    So maybe if these jealousy people could throw a cutter 97 mph, run a sub 4.4 forty, have a 40 inch vertical, or have a 100mph slap shot then they probably would not have envy.

Besides if it were not for highly paid athletes we would not have this betting forum.
    edited December 2008
    Nobody in this thread would turn down making more money even if it meant having to move somewhere. He has a job. Let's stop forgetting that this is what his occupation is. If an exec is asked "We need you to move to Detroit Michigan, but we are going to give you an extra 40K per year". See ya.
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Why? Are you jealous? I am a Yankee fan, and I did not want CC, but I do hope he is going to be good.

How in the holy hell could you not want CC Sabathia??
    edited December 2008
    i have no problem with CC other than saying it wasnt about that money.

Yankee fans are a riot, "i didnt want him" Good lord you jackos are never fucking happy. you get one of the best pitchers in the game and you think its a bad deal.
    edited December 2008
    who cares what these guys make, its not the players fault.

The Steinbrenner Mini is desperate and tired of Boston making them their yearly bitch.
    edited December 2008
    I chose my profession because it's something noble, and that means more to me than playing sports (which i love).

THAT DOESNT MEAN IT"S OK to pay them that much.......

Oh, and I'm not bitching about what CEO's make because this is a SPORTS site.......duh!
  • FATKIDFATKID Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    As a former Milwaukeean, but still current Sconnie, this move pains me. I understand that we had a very slim chance of keeping him here. I think the part of this equaiton that upsets people is the inequity in baseball. Salary caps are going to be essential if baseball wants to continue being one of the big 4 in sports.
    I dont fault CC for taking the money, I never would fault anyone in any industry for taking more money. But it doesnt make the system right. I dont think what CEO's make is right, but that is a whole other discussion.
    The system needs a change. In a big way.
    edited December 2008
    needs to be a salary minimum. Completely out of hand, and its a crime that these "small market" owners use revenue sharing for other things than signing players per the agreement. I would be furious if I was the Yankees having to just hand money over to teams for them to gain profit.
    edited December 2008
    buck4493 wrote:
    i have no problem with CC other than saying it wasnt about that money.

Yankee fans are a riot, "i didnt want him" Good lord you jackos are never fucking happy. you get one of the best pitchers in the game and you think its a bad deal.

He is not clutch in the playoffs, and the Red Sox own him! I wanted Burnett who wins 3-4 times per year vs the Yanks.
  • meeker15meeker15 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    That is a great comment buck. It is completely out of hand and it makes baseball suck shit.
  • walkman3walkman3 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I have been a DIE-HARD BASEBALL FAN for as long as i could walk (u know what i mean ) i hv always thought they made too much $$$ but thats the great thing about this country. I do believe teachers, nurses, police officers, firemen do derserve alot more $$ than they get ( teachers mostly), but when you can just ask for millions upon millions, and GET IT well i think there is something wrong with this......but anyways back to the signing, i wanted him in LA ( ANGELS )but it figures goes to the yanks, dont matter they can spend all the $$$ in the world..still wont WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.... I root for 2 teams in baseball....the ANGELS & and who ever is playing the fcking yankees......go angels.....peace-out
  • The GoatThe Goat Senior Member
    edited December 2008

We have no right to bitch because we are consumers of their product. We buy the tickets and the merchandise. We watch the broadcasts. We are the ones who write Sabathia and Arod and the like those insane checks.
    edited December 2008
    He is not clutch in the playoffs, and the Red Sox own him! I wanted Burnett who wins 3-4 times per year vs the Yanks.

yes burnett is better, thats comedy
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Not even the best in NY

Santana is
  • franky87franky87 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    what about the mets. there paying almost just as much as the yanks for these player contracts. baseball is spending crazy money for players now a days. if C.C does fail he will get so much shit from the fans and media cause of how long it took him to get here and really stating he didnt want to come to NY but stay on the west. that will really hurt him if he has a bad start. which like santana did the first 5-6 games with the mets , the met fans were fucking booooing the guy. now they love him. same shit will happen to C.C if he has a rough start. and he's not going to be as good as he was on the brewers amercian league just isnt the same when going to players like in the national league, also having a chance to pitch to a pitcher. now back to DH