Betting Talk

The Public is Pounding 2 NFL Teams

WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
edited December 2008 in Sports Betting
New York Jets and New England Patriots (side, ML, and Over )

New England moved to (-7) after the announcement of Hasselbeck's injury, but the Jets have moved from (-4) to (-3.5.)

Underdog bettors and conspiracy theorists Teaser:
San Francisco (+9.5)/Seattle (+13) :shrr:

Comments

• db21db21 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I will be on the 49ers very big as the Jets just do NOT play well when traveling to Cali (losses at Oak and SD)

The 49ers are playing better ball too IMO
    They should have beat AZ on the road (-3 TO margin and Hills 1st start so he was rusty) (I took SF)
    They then manhandled a weak Stl team
    They lost to Dallas but that was mainly because Dal was able stretch the field on them with very long completions. SF played Dallas very tough for 3 of the 4 qtrs
    Then beat Buffalo on the road (i bet sf)

Sullivan turnovers decimated this team but since Hill has taken over, outside of his 1st start where he was rusty, he has done a much better job managing the game. TO margin was zero last 3 games, and just like that their team is starting to win and be competitive

Also they seem to be buying into Singletary's disciplined approach by cutting down ther penalties (avg 42 yards last 4 games, and 26 last 3 games)

Combine these facts where the public is betting on the early SF team that had tons of turnovers and penalties as opposed to the new Singletary 49er team that is treading even on the TO margin and committing far fewer penalties and I think we are getting great home dawg value at +4

Plus I just dont think the Jets have that vertical passing game to beat up on SF like Dallas did

This should be a very tight game and Im gonna take the points with this one.

Hoping for this to move to +4.5, which may happen as Jets are the GANGBANG play
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited December 2008
    I Hate These Posts.
    If You Went Opposite The Publiv Every Time Youd Still Hit 50%.
    But Thanks For The Imput
  • franky87franky87 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    i dont find it good gambling trying to think like vegas or the books. i think with my gut and balls
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Public perception does factor into certain plays, but I only check the percentages AFTER I complete capping a matchup. I actually had Seattle as my biggest play this week and I had to back off with the Hasselbeck injury. I also like San Francisco @ home but not enough to play it.

I am NOT playing the tease posted above.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Hmmm....looks like a new hotel in the desert. WOW !